Season Tickets 2022/23

MacGlock88

Looking for some advice from those that hold season tickets / understand the process.

Next Season I would be interested in picking up a pair of season tickets. The wee man has been to his first games over the past months and wants to go more regularly.

With our memberships, we have joined the ST waiting list.

The seats would need to be side by side /together, and preferably in the bottom tiers. Not too bothered what stand, just avoiding being to the rear of the upper tiers.

a. What are the chances of getting a pair next year?

b. If they are offered, when are the likely to be offered?

(I have read somewhere that the deadline is May, but also that there is a deadline next month for those that skipped a season, last season as ST holders)

c. If bought as an adult and child (U16), can the child ticket be upgraded to Adult as and when required? Is it easy to do?

d. If someone with good seats didn’t plan to renew, can they pass them over or do they need to go back via Member services?

K Stand Knut

Evening mate,

I’ll try and answer as best as I can but first of all, to set your mind at ease, there will be pairs available. The waiting list is a nonsense. Just need to call at the right time.

Anyway, here it goes:
a) see above. I’d say very high.
b) I’d call up the day after renewal deadline has passed personally. The renewal this season is 20/05 so I’d call up on 21st, if not that day.
c) not from experience but I believe you can ‘upgrade’ a certain number of tickers per season. You could also risk not trying to upgrade and allowing an adult to try and use a concession ticket in the hope that no stewards care, which they invariably don’t, but you never know and it’s a risk.
d) it’s a risk to pass them over without going through the ticket office but there would be nothing stopping anyone from just forwarding the original season ticket email to another person for them to add the ticket to their wallet and use it as if it belonged to them. Again, I doubt anyone would ever check unless there is any other issues with the person using the ticket

MacGlock88

Evening mate,

I’ll try and answer as best as I can but first of all, to set your mind at ease, there will be pairs available. The waiting list is a nonsense. Just need to call at the right time.

Anyway, here it goes:
a) see above. I’d say very high.
b) I’d call up the day after renewal deadline has passed personally. The renewal this season is 20/05 so I’d call up on 21st, if not that day.
c) not from experience but I believe you can ‘upgrade’ a certain number of tickers per season. You could also risk not trying to upgrade and allowing an adult to try and use a concession ticket in the hope that no stewards care, which they invariably don’t, but you never know and it’s a risk.
d) it’s a risk to pass them over without going through the ticket office but there would be nothing stopping anyone from just forwarding the original season ticket email to another person for them to add the ticket to their wallet and use it as if it belonged to them. Again, I doubt anyone would ever check unless there is any other issues with the person using the ticket

Thanks for the reply and the details.
Helpful to know.

Key being, getting onto the TO as soon after the deadline as possible.
I'm flying out on holidays on the morning of the 21st May, so it will be something else to add into the mix.

I wonder if there is an option for ST holders to announce they wont be renewing, thus making the seat(s) available.

K Stand Knut

Thanks for the reply and the details.
Helpful to know.

Key being, getting onto the TO as soon after the deadline as possible.
I'm flying out on holidays on the morning of the 21st May, so it will be something else to add into the mix.

I wonder if there is an option for ST holders to announce they wont be renewing, thus making the seat(s) available.
There has been a communication sent with a deadline of this month to say if you AREN’T renewing so the club will have an idea but then there is nothing to stop people from changing their mind and not telling the club until May and therefore more STs becoming available!!!

More games like last night and I’d suggest you’ll have about 40k STs to choose from!

There would be no harm in clicking the ‘Register your Interest’ button on the website if you haven’t already. Then just hammer the TO after deadline day.

I reckon you’ll get one if you put the effort in. Like i said, this waiting list is nonsense and I do not know a single person who properly tried to get a ticket and was unsuccessful

Whatsername

Yeah, there’s an option online to cancel the renewal by the 28th so that those seats can be offered first to people who deferred for a year due to Covid (we were given the option of not renewing for this season, renewing and getting the tickets back for next season but anyone who did that would lose their usual seats).

MacGlock88

There has been a communication sent with a deadline of this month to say if you AREN’T renewing so the club will have an idea but then there is nothing to stop people from changing their mind and not telling the club until May and therefore more STs becoming available!!!

More games like last night and I’d suggest you’ll have about 40k STs to choose from!

There would be no harm in clicking the ‘Register your Interest’ button on the website if you haven’t already. Then just hammer the TO after deadline day.

I reckon you’ll get one if you put the effort in. Like i said, this waiting list is nonsense and I do not know a single person who properly tried to get a ticket and was unsuccessful
Thanks again.
As you say, it doesn’t really serve the ST holder to advise if they are not going to renew now, when they can hang fire until May.

If finance was the issue, all may have changed for the better come May.

Do United normally extend the deadline?
I know other teams that put the deadline there, and kick it back a week, closer to the deadline.

MacGlock88

Yeah, there’s an option online to cancel the renewal by the 28th so that those seats can be offered first to people who deferred for a year due to Covid (we were given the option of not renewing for this season, renewing and getting the tickets back for next season but anyone who did that would lose their usual seats).
I see. That’s fair enough and a decent offer from the Club. Looking at all, it would more than likely be in the best interests to wait until the May deadline to have a better pick of available seats.
As opposed to a select few in March (that current ST have early advised they won’t be purchasing).

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The main thing you need to do is ring up the TO and make a Season Ticket deposit (I think it's about £100 per ticket). You will then receive an email around April time with a 3/4 day window to ring up and secure your ticket

Whatsername

After seeing what’s being served up on the pitch again this season I can see that there’ll be people not bothering renewing (bloke and his wife two in front of us haven’t been back since they walked out at half time v Liverpool).

We’ve had our tickets three years now and I didn’t even have to pay a deposit. I called the ticket office to ask about paying and going on the waiting list a couple of weeks before the season started and was offered two together straight away.

MacGlock88

The main thing you need to do is ring up the TO and make a Season Ticket deposit (I think it's about £100 per ticket). You will then receive an email around April time with a 3/4 day window to ring up and secure your ticket
Thanks.
I rang the TO and got a decent lad at the other end of the phone.

We have two premium memberships, which he advised gets you to a 'level' of priority for Season Tickets (that is one of the USPs for the £60 membership over the £20).
However, this 'level' is under the priority of those that have paid the £100 deposit.
I've paid the £100 deposit x 2.

I.e. - Least to Most
6. Public Purchase
5. MU Members
4. MU Premium Members
3. MU Members paid up £100 Deposit
2. MU Premium Members paid up £100 Deposit
1. ST Holders from 2020/21 who deferred this season

At the same time, it was his opinion that considering the amount of ST holders who deferred (on the assumption that all wanted back),
And the expected level of uptake for next season, it was very unlikely that any season tickets would become available next season (22/23), it would be more realistic to look to (23/24).

You could say under normal circumstances that he was doing his job to get some cash, but he mentioned the above and expressed more than once that the deposits were not a guarantee and the likelihood was that it would be the season after next when tickets would be available.

Not sure if those that deferred this season have had to pledge their stance on purchasing next season already?

MacGlock88

After seeing what’s being served up on the pitch again this season I can see that there’ll be people not bothering renewing (bloke and his wife two in front of us haven’t been back since they walked out at half time v Liverpool).

We’ve had our tickets three years now and I didn’t even have to pay a deposit. I called the ticket office to ask about paying and going on the waiting list a couple of weeks before the season started and was offered two together straight away.
That's good to hear. Cheers.
Appreciate its not of great use speculating how its going to go.
As there are a few things the need to be finalised (form until end of season, European participation, signings, departures, general recession, COVID).

We have the memberships and paid the deposits, see what happens.

Whatsername

Not sure if those that deferred this season have had to pledge their stance on purchasing next season already?

Might be worth asking that in the tickets thread at the top of the page, pretty sure that there’s a few who’ve posted in there looking for tickets who’ve mentioned that they deferred.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I'm on the waiting list and just been emailed this...

As you are registered on our Season Ticket Waiting List, we wanted to confirm that initially we will not be selling any new Season Tickets for the 2022/23 season. This is due to needing to offer seats to those Season Ticket holders who took a 1-Year break this season, and do not currently have a seat to renew. You will retain your place on the waiting list and will be contacted in future seasons as and when new Season Tickets become available for sale.

To attend matches in the interim, you can join Official Membership for the 2022/23 season when we go on sale in May. As a reminder, Season Ticket sales for the 2023/24 season will be sold exclusively to Official Members.

If you are no longer interested in purchasing a Season Ticket and wish to remove yourself from the waiting list, please let us know by emailing tickets@manutd.co.uk with your membership number (at the top of this email).

Alternatively, you can secure an Executive Club season ticket for the 2022/23 season, from £113 + VAT per game. Click here for more details or Register Your Interest.​

Thank you for your support.​

MacGlock88

As you are registered on our Season Ticket Waiting List, we wanted to confirm that initially we will not be selling any new Season Tickets for the 2022/23 season. This is due to needing to offer seats to those Season Ticket holders who took a 1-Year break this season, and do not currently have a seat to renew. You will retain your place on the waiting list and will be contacted in future seasons as and when new Season Tickets become available for sale.

To attend matches in the interim, you can join Official Membership for the 2022/23 season when we go on sale in May. As a reminder, Season Ticket sales for the 2023/24 season will be sold exclusively to Official Members.

If you are no longer interested in purchasing a Season Ticket and wish to remove yourself from the waiting list, please let us know by emailing tickets@manutd.co.uk with your membership number (at the top of this email).

Alternatively, you can secure an Executive Club season ticket for the 2022/23 season, from £113 + VAT per game. Click here for more details or Register Your Interest.

Thank you for your support.

Ticketing & Membership Services

Last edited:

You must be kidding me right? Tickets have never been harder to get than this season for over 20 years.

Bosws87

I wouldn't pay much attention to the waiting list email.

If you want a season ticket at united and ring up the day after renewals end you have always been able to get one might not be in the area you desire but once you are in its a lot easier to move the following year.

I started on restricted view seats years back then managed to move to what is now the standing section.

MacGlock88

You must be kidding me right? Tickets have never been harder to get than this season for over 20 years.
Difficult perhaps for certain games, Vs. Top 6 teams.
But I have found it easy enough, mainly down to the CAF, to get pairs for the first 3 home games of the season.

I'm fortunate too, that I could get to a game with a few hours notice. Which has helped pick up tickets when others that had planned to go, had last minute issues.

Looking through the Facebook Groups, there are loads of folk that are selling tickets in groups of 2 / 3 / 4 and 5 for upcoming games.
They are 'vouched' for, meaning they have sold a ticket previously and its all been above board.

Not including the CAF Ticket selling thread or posters in this, but there does seem to be a 'buy to let' Season Ticket market that is thriving.
Above FV on Facebook a lot of the time.

Bosws87

Difficult perhaps for certain games, Vs. Top 6 teams.
But I have found it easy enough, mainly down to the CAF, to get pairs for the first 3 home games of the season.

I'm fortunate too, that I could get to a game with a few hours notice. Which has helped pick up tickets when others that had planned to go, had last minute issues.

Looking through the Facebook Groups, there are loads of folk that are selling tickets in groups of 2 / 3 / 4 and 5 for upcoming games.
They are 'vouched' for, meaning they have sold a ticket previously and its all been above board.

Not including the CAF Ticket selling thread or posters in this, but there does seem to be a 'buy to let' Season Ticket market that is thriving.
Above FV on Facebook a lot of the time.
Yeh which is why they are enforcing this you can only miss 9/10 games a season on a season ticket, doesn't solve other people using it but forces peoples hands to actually shift the ticket.

Whatsername

They have been for members but thinking about renewals, performances on the pitch aside, look at what people are facing at the moment. Domestic fuel costs at an all time high, interest rate increases, NI increases, your shopping in the supermarket costing more, extra needed to fill up your car…but wages not increasing in line with all of that.
The likes of a season ticket is going to be a luxury that some are going to decide to go without.

They have been for members but thinking about renewals, performances on the pitch aside, look at what people are facing at the moment. Domestic fuel costs at an all time high, interest rate increases, NI increases, your shopping in the supermarket costing more, extra needed to fill up your car…but wages not increasing in line with all of that.
The likes of a season ticket is going to be a luxury that some are going to decide to go without.
Yeah I can’t see it, there was a release for Watford last week and I’ve been trying to grab and extra pair for a mate, as one of the most active members of this thread who has helped loads of caftards over the years. That release was snapped up, I couldn’t even get a pair in my basket, and for years I’ve been always able to help out mates for shite games like Watford, with dozens of tickets.
I think the new ticket transfer system has made it fair game for touts, and season tickets alone can be paid for by just selling the top 3 games. So I don’t expect demand to drop, after this season and with the new system, I expect quite the opposite.

MacGlock88

Fair point.
Cost of everything going up, could do without the ST. I can see it happening.

But equally, if you have a decent seats (or not), there won’t be any hassle shifting the tickets for FV and bringing some money back to bank.

MacGlock88

I wouldn't pay much attention to the waiting list email.

If you want a season ticket at united and ring up the day after renewals end you have always been able to get one might not be in the area you desire but once you are in its a lot easier to move the following year.

I started on restricted view seats years back then managed to move to what is now the standing section.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was a marketing ploy either. Nothing speaks more to those that are undecided about renewing, than a message that is essentially saying we can sell these tickets like hot cakes. What you have is in demand.

Ryu24601

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was a marketing ploy either. Nothing speaks more to those that are undecided about renewing, than a message that is essentially saying we can sell these tickets like hot cakes. What you have is in demand.
They’ve released some season tickets! I hope you got yours!

MUW4Eva

I have already got my season ticket sorted out for next season for the women's team, hopefully we see the numbers continue to grow and grow, and more people make the switch.

choccy77

Looking for some advice from those that hold season tickets / understand the process.

Next Season I would be interested in picking up a pair of season tickets. The wee man has been to his first games over the past months and wants to go more regularly.

The seats would need to be side by side /together, and preferably in the bottom tiers. Not too bothered what stand, just avoiding being to the rear of the upper tiers.

(I have read somewhere that the deadline is May, but also that there is a deadline next month for those that skipped a season, last season as ST holders)

c. If bought as an adult and child (U16), can the child ticket be upgraded to Adult as and when required? Is it easy to do?

d. If someone with good seats didn’t plan to renew, can they pass them over or do they need to go back via Member services?

Is there something wrong with him?

Also, can he play CB?

To be fair, next season could be good!

Croftsy10

Hi mate,
I’m also in the same boat as you, been on the waiting list for a good few years now and not come anywhere near getting a season ticket as of yet.
Been to a fair few games season on season managing to get the tickets off of the website in the hope that this will ‘boost’ credibility or rating in which you may be offered a ST.
Does anyone know if it is true calling up a day after renewals and being able to get one?
What I was also wondering is me and my brother both go. If it was just myself on the waiting list but he was a member also would I be able to ask for 2 ST’s sat together rather than only being offered the 1 for me?

hp88

Hi mate,
I’m also in the same boat as you, been on the waiting list for a good few years now and not come anywhere near getting a season ticket as of yet.
Been to a fair few games season on season managing to get the tickets off of the website in the hope that this will ‘boost’ credibility or rating in which you may be offered a ST.
Does anyone know if it is true calling up a day after renewals and being able to get one?
What I was also wondering is me and my brother both go. If it was just myself on the waiting list but he was a member also would I be able to ask for 2 ST’s sat together rather than only being offered the 1 for me?
Have you put a deposit down? Heard those who had were offered tickets last week

Whatsername

Hi mate,
I phoned during preseason a couple of years ago to enquire about going on the waiting list. We were both members but weren’t on the waiting list and hadn’t paid a deposit but I was offered two together in East tier 2 straight away.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Great news to see the end of the horrible ACS - top work by all involved

clarkydaz

In the club email it says if you cant make a game or pass it on, the club this season will reinburse you the ticket. Thats great

Bosws87

Ring up the day after renewals end as soon as they open if they haven't contacted before you are pretty much guaranteed to get them.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
In the club email it says if you cant make a game or pass it on, the club this season will reinburse you the ticket. Thats great
It doesn't exactly say that

That's only if they can resell it on your behalf

clarkydaz

It doesn't exactly say that

That's only if they can resell it on your behalf
i dont see that mentioned here

Additionally, we have recently trialled a buy-back scheme with some ticket holders, where the Club will reimburse you for a game if you are unable to attend, or forward your ticket. We are pleased to confirm that we will make this scheme available to all Season Ticket holders next season. The scheme will primarily be available for home Premier League games, but may also be available for some cup matches. Note: returning a ticket back to the club for a home cup game would impact away game eligibility. More information about this scheme will be available in the coming weeks.

lilcurt

Considering getting my first season ticket, one adult and one child. Where would people recommend being seated. Not a totally overly protective parent but at the same don't want the lad listening to constant filth for 90 mins.

Andy_Cole

Considering getting my first season ticket, one adult and one child. Where would people recommend being seated. Not a totally overly protective parent but at the same don't want the lad listening to constant filth for 90 mins.
Family stand if you must. South Stand probably a happy medium if you can.