Sebastien Haller | West Ham

USREDEVIL

Frontline of Haller, Werner, and Pepe :drool:. I also was supportive of us signing him since we seemed to need a central striker, i was very very wrong about him. Still, he could turn good if given more time in the League, who knows.

Irrational.

I remember the uproar on here when he wasn’t signed. Same with Luka Jovic. Just goes to show YouTube highlights mean feck all.

I’m sure he’ll do well in a lesser league at Ajax though, just as he did well in the Bundesliga.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He‘ll be a success at Ajax. Still like him.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Haller, Wesley and Joelinton. There was some absolute garbage being bought by PL clubs in 2019 to lead the line.

NoPace

He‘ll be a success at Ajax. Still like him.
They didn't buy him with no tactical plan, 25M is an Eredivisie record by like 7M unless I'm reading this wrong. I imagine they figure he will score a ton of goals there and they can buy and produce lots of quick, talented players around him but he can be a hub for their attacks like Tadic was, albeit in a different way.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
They didn't buy him with no tactical plan, 25M is an Eredivisie record by like 7M unless I'm reading this wrong. I imagine they figure he will score a ton of goals there and they can buy and produce lots of quick, talented players around him but he can be a hub for their attacks like Tadic was, albeit in a different way.
The Eredivisie is paradise for mediocre strikers and he’s already shone in the Europa League before. I’m sure he’ll smash it there. Still a donkey though.

arthurka

I am one of those who thought he would be a good buy. But that was pretty far off, don't know what it is but he looked very good for Frankfurt and had a lot to his game. He was also played for all of France's youth teams and managed 13 goals in 20 matches for the U-21. Don't know what happened, West ham, Moyes or just different teammates, but he looked a very solid player for Frankfurt and shit for West Ham.
But I was well off thinking he would be a good signing for this league. Worth half after 18 months is something that happens to luxury cars not players.

United Junkie

The Eredivisie is paradise for mediocre strikers and he’s already shone in the Europa League before. I’m sure he’ll smash it there. Still a donkey though.
Yep. He will shine again in the eredivisie like he did at FC Utrecht. Ten Hag also managed him btw when Haller was at Utrecht. Now they meet up again so it's gonna be an easy fix for Ajax when he will be shooting the ball for them in the net. Another trophy for Ajax being made ready again.

Trezeguet17

He will probably light it up at Ajax with a 1 goal per game ratio and in one or two years a club like Tottenham or Everton will break the bank for him. And he will flop badly again.

NoPace

I'm assuming they are gonna be a CL fixture now that the academy seems to be back up running and they're spending cleverly enough elsewhere on South American young wingers and buy low propositions like Tadic, Blind and Haller. The question is can Haller give them 2-3 good enough years to be sold at a profit or at least same value at age 28 or 29 I'd assume. He needs to rebuild his rep with a couple big domestic seasons yes, but he still has to be decent in the CL to move to say a Top 5 Spanish, German or Italian side as the main #9 option, would I assume be his realistic goal here.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
West Ham seems to have an eye for these kind of deals. Felipe Anderson is another good example: yes, he's pacey and has the physique of an EPL, but lacks in almost everything else. Porto is trying to send him back to West Ham, and he must be really struggling there because Porto actually lacks quality on the width players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ajax forgot to register him for EL :lol:

Can't believe people actually make mistakes like this in 2021

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
fecking hell. Admin team getting sacked

Oranges038

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else. But rather than opening a new thread for him.

He's going to be out for a few months, undergoing chemotherapy for a testicular tumour.