Sense8 (Wachowski Bros. new Netflix series)

Hoof the ball

Obligatory trailer below. Looks interesting.

http://nerdist.com/netflixs-sense8-already-looks-like-crazy-wachowski-ness-at-its-finest/

We’re going to go ahead and make a grandiose and perhaps a bit outlandish statement: it feels like the Wachowskis have come home with their new Netflix series, Sense8. Long known for their cinematic epics like The Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending, there’s something that just feels so right about their move to television. And if the trailer is any indication, Sense8 is going to be senseGREAT (sorry, we can’t help ourselves).

Perhaps it’s their elaborate storytelling and fascinating characters, but it feels as though their brand was made to play out on the small screen. Who wants two and a half hours of condensed Wachowski when you can have 12 hour-long episodes to let a story really breathe, you know? Massive stories need massive amounts of time to truly be pulled off, after all.

And Sense8 sounds like nothing if not a gargantuan visual feat, following eight characters around the world who — in the aftermath of a tragic death — find themselves linked to each other both mentally and emotionally for mysterious reasons they cannot explain. It’s a trippy premise made all the trippier by the fact that they can not only see, but talk to each other, too. As if they were in the same place at the same time, able to access each other’s thoughts, feelings, skills, experiences, and deepest secrets.

The logline for the series goes on to say, “Not only must they figure out what happened and why and what it means for the future of humanity, they must do so while being hunted by an organization out to capture, kill or vivisect them.” CHILLING STUFF, right?

The show stars Brian J. Smith, Aml Ameen, Tuppence Middleton, Doona Bae, Tena Desae, Max Riemelt, Miguel Silvestri, Jamie Clayton, Naveen Andrews, Freema Agyeman, Daryl Hannah, Alfonso Herrera, Erendira Ibarra, and Terrence Mann.

Are you looking forward to Sense8 when it premieres on June 12th on Netflix? Let us hear it in the comments.

PvsNP

Well, this looks unique. I'll give it a go.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You just know, no matter how good this will be, that it will have plotholes that will annoy the shit out of you. Will of course check it out.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That SenseGREAT pun is shit. It should have been Sense8tional.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think you mean "The Wachowski's"

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Nearly done the first ep now, 20 mins left

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Episode 1 was a bit slow, ending makes me want to watch more. Can't decide if its good.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Episode 2 was better, actually starting to build up what the show is about and less about the individual character build.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
:lol: My mate loved the first ep, but I thought it was dull a feck up until the end. So it'll still be different strokes for different folks.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
4 episodes in, getting better.

The pace of the episodes is getting quicker, it parallels how connected they are. In the beginning there's a lot of time spent with individuals, then the more they get connected the more jumpy it becomes. Seems that way at least.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The exposition was so cringey

"But father, you sent me to school to become a doctor not to find a husband"

Or when she explains her whole backstory by literally saying it to a statue of some religious deity

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I prefer 720p mp4 files so I can put it on a flash drive and watch on my TV. It seems only the first 5 are available yet.
Have all 12 eps screened?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I prefer 720p mp4 files so I can put it on a flash drive and watch on my TV. It seems only the first 5 are available yet.
Have all 12 eps screened?
Yep, HD downloads are coming slower from my own experience.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Its the XVID I have. Not seen any mp4 ones yet.
Just realised that mine are mkv. The mp4 files are by 2hd. Only 5 of each released so far.
I think I'll convert the 720p mkv files I have already. They will still be better than the standard mp4 files released.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
I've just watched the first four episodes and I'm hooked.

I couldn't possibly say it was good, but it's brilliantly mad and visually lovely. It's like they had a bunch of stories and couldn't decide which one to tell, so they bundled them all up together. I'm just a little afraid that at the end of the last episode we'll discover they're all living in the Matrix.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
All 12 episodes binged now.

I don't know if its good or bad tbh. Found some characters more interesting than others, and its only really in the last episode it becomes what I thought the show would actually be. It sort of plays out like 8 origin stories with one big finale.

Sylar

Do you guys regret watching it or was it worth it? or just a decent time pass? The concept defo intrigues me but ive seen some mixed non spoiler reviews. Does it compare to anything else?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Do you guys regret watching it or was it worth it? or just a decent time pass? The concept defo intrigues me but ive seen some mixed non spoiler reviews. Does it compare to anything else?
Don't regret watching it, yet, if there isn't a season 2 I might. Probably doesn't suit a binge watching. Not sure if it compares to anything really. The concept only really stitches together towards the end.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
AHh ok, so it probably requires a season 2 to continue im assuming? @Big-Red
It doesn't require one, it ended nicely enough. I just crave more of what I saw towards the end of the season. So if that never happens I'll feel underwhelmed.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Started today, 2-3 eps left.
I must say the show is worth a watch, it's good, although not in a mind-blowing way.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
Just finished watching this. And despite the imperfections and slightly anti-climactic ending, I loved it and want another season.