g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They are both full backs and they might be playing for rival clubs next season. One cost a world record fee and if United get Aurier it will be on a cut price deal. They will be compared a lot if we sign him.
In that case the comparison is with Walker or Danilo? And Aurier is better, in my opinion.

EyeInTheSky

All around, he is comfortable in central defense for example. Though in the last months, he has shown some weird positioning and generally his mind seemed to be somewhere else.
hmm perhaps he knows he is going? Or this court case I keep hearing about.

@Damien thanks for this.

I'm 10 minutes into the video out of the 12 and wondering what the fuss is about. For some reason, the captions stopped for me with 3 minutes or so left to go. So far nothing noteworthy, He comes nowhere near the insults that Zlatan dishes out. Rather tame. Unless the last 2 minutes are outrageous.

Initially, I had thought his court case had something to do with this video :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Full backs do the same job regardless which side they play on.

What is the deal with his court case. Are there any grounds for him to be let off the hook?
But you can't compare two players that aren't interchangeable at least not in the context that you put. So it kind of makes the comparison pointless, Aurier could be a better signing than Danilo or Walker but since he can't replace Mendy, he would be a better signing than Mendy.

As for his court case, it's unlikely since it's not his first problem with the law.

NotQuiteManc

He would be considered a 'low risk' acquisition if we consider he potential fees involved. If it all works out, United would have a ready made 'cheap' purchase that will have at least few years of service for United. On the other hand, 20-25 millions are not exactly crazy money nowadays and could still move him on without big loss.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He would be considered a 'low risk' acquisition if we consider he potential fees involved. If it all works out, United would have a ready made 'cheap' purchase that will have at least few years of service for United. On the other hand, 20-25 millions are not exactly crazy money nowadays and could still move him on without big loss.
Our squad culture is so good that I would be very weary bringing in someone like Aurier into the fold. He is a tremendous talent but the kind of personality that can poison the well quite easily. Its even more alarming when his position is occupied by Valencia, who is a bit of an ironman that plays every game and universally loved in the squad and fan base. So its far from a low risk acquisition.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Periscope and assaulting were iirc two and a year ago respectively, so he was 22 and 23. That makes him a brainless plank, not being displaced by Meunier, the latter is a bonus.
It isn't ideal, of course. But it's still young enough to grow up.

gica_7

This is a very good signing if true. Valencia will be 32 soon and a season that is similar to the last will take it's toll on his body. I know we were expecting a left back signing but this makes more sense. Considering Aurier is still young, he can even take the position from Antonio during the season. Wonderful job.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Serge Aurier reportedly agrees terms with Manchester United

Ivorian international full-back Serge Aurier has reportedly agreed personal terms with Manchester United ahead of a possible move, according to the now-famed Twitter outlet Paris United.

Any possible deal will depend on the outcome of the court of appeal case currently being pursued by the player after he was found guilty of allegedly assaulting a police officer.

The player himself has been authorised to both speak to and seek agreements with other clubs by PSG.

Mino Raiola has approached the player’s agent Stéphane Courbis about a possible collaboration with regards to a move to José Mourinho’s side.

No bid has been made to PSG by Manchester United at the time of writing.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Serge Aurier would be a fantastic acquisition for United. Made to shine in England IMO

PSG has 3 RB at the moment so let's says it's the perfect time to take him at a excellent price.

He needs to leave France.

NotQuiteManc

Our squad culture is so good that I would be very weary bringing in someone like Aurier into the fold. He is a tremendous talent but the kind of personality that can poison the well quite easily. Its even more alarming when his position is occupied by Valencia, who is a bit of an ironman that plays every game and universally loved in the squad and fan base. So its far from a low risk acquisition.
Well, there is a possibility that he would mature and grow out of that bad behaviours but I will leave it out as it is theories at the moment and we wouldn't know for sure unless we are really within that group.

Valencia is indeed an ironman but I would think Mourinho would prefer to preserve him and get him on his best condition for the big games, and that will leave the other games for Aurier. Plus, it would be nice for a team like United to have more than ample backup in each position, so if that chance arises for one of the positions like RB, I think United should at least try. I mean, Bayern used to have Rafinha and Lahm (now Kimmich), then Alaba and Bernat for LB. There will be plenty of games for everyone, and I would love for United to get back to that elite status again with a squad resembling that status.

Alabaster Codify7

Weird one,in a good way. For the price, he's a no-brainer and would be a great acquisition but I just hope Jose can cage him. Too much of a nutter at present. Bailly might be a calming influence on him.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Would be a nice complement to Valencia, and a future starter, but surely you are more in need of a left back?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Weird one,in a good way. For the price, he's a no-brainer and would be a great acquisition but I just hope Jose can cage him. Too much of a nutter at present. Bailly might be a calming influence on him.
He's older than Bailly by a year if the penny hasn't dropped yet, I doubt it will in the future.

Skåre Willoch

If the prices quoted are for real, then we have to get him with the market blowing up this summer. If it means Darmian can stay away from RB, and Valencia can rest a few games, surely it's worth the investment,.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
€20m is the price cheap Italian clubs and Tottenham are reportedly willing to pay, not what PSG is asking. Especially if he can play in the UK he should be more expensive.

themoyesboy

Sly sources: Pep frustrated he hasn't signed a new full back this week; is preparing a £50m bid for Aurier.

Enigma_87

You know who
€20m is the price cheap Italian clubs and Tottenham are reportedly willing to pay, not what PSG is asking. Especially if he can play in the UK he should be more expensive.
I'm sure they would be ok with getting him off their books to fund Neymar.

ovoxo

If he calms down and decides to concentrate on his football, he's going to be a bargain at €20m. Hopefully we sign him! With Semedo having moved to Barca, there's not a great deal of good Right backs on the market. So if Aurier is available, it's definitely worth going for him now.

Hopefully he'll be allowed into the country.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he calms down and decides to concentrate on his football, he's going to be a bargain at €20m. Hopefully we sign him! With Semedo having moved to Barca, there's not a great deal of good Right backs on the market. So if Aurier is available, it's definitely worth going for him now.

Hopefully he'll be allowed into the country.
Zlatan used to steal bikes and feck people's faces up on the street and nobody even says a word, so at his age, he still got a theoretical chance.

Infra-red

Would be a nice complement to Valencia, and a future starter, but surely you are more in need of a left back?
In my view we are short in both fullback positions, although there's very little chance of Aurier coming here. I imagine this is simply a case of Aurier's agent looking to generate a bit of interest and facilitate a move elsewhere.

ovoxo

Zlatan used to steal bikes and feck people's faces up on the street and nobody even says a word, so at his age, he still got a theoretical chance.
Really? Well in that case, I fully expect Aurier to settle.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Many top players were cnuts or at least they were difficult people to work with. Some ended up carving a great career for themselves (ex: Keane, Cantona, Ibra, Di Canio, Baggio etc). Others spiralled out of control and they became a joke (Balotelli, Ravel Morrison, Bojan Djordic).

The trick lie on how seriously they take their training/performance. If Aurier skips training or can't get bothered doing his job then we should stir away from him.

@JPRouve is my man in terms of French football.

PoTMS

Many top players were cnuts or at least they were difficult people to work with. Some ended up carving a great career for themselves (ex: Keane, Cantona, Ibra, Di Canio, Baggio etc). Others spiralled out of control and they became a joke (Balotelli, Ravel Morrison, Bojan Djordic).

The trick lie on how seriously they take their training/performance. If Aurier skips training or can't get bothered doing his job then we should stir away from him.

@JPRouve is my man in terms of French football.
Yep, mine too and he says he's better than Walker, so that's me sold.

settembrini

It's strange how some people ignore what Mourinho says regarding transfers. He has been clear and consistent for months. He wants Matic and a winger (if possible). He doesn't want a fifth signing, he doesn't want another right back.

It was the same last summer and in January. 99% of what is written on twitter and in the media is just nonsense. So far Mourinho has been 100% accurate.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yep, mine too and he says he's better than Walker, so that's me sold.
to be fair Walker is hardly a top player. Gary Neville in his prime would eat him for breakfast and he was hardly a world class player himself.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No, every one would try save him. What's the point of the post? To show those of us that don't like him he's a good guy sometimes?
Probably to show you to try deal with discussion about two sides of the coin.

Not everything is black and white, is that really hard to grasp ? We don't even know if it's all true or bollocks, especially with Mensah upping his game from quite a while.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Status
Not open for further replies.