Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
From the same game...

Seems like one of those idiots that just can't help himself.
Mourinho dealt with that kind of players throughout his entire career, didn't even remotely stopped him from getting his trophies. I agree on your point though, he's extremely polarized but he's not a lost case, just yet.

izec

From the same game...

As long as he delivers on the pitch and doesnt kill someone on/off it, i dont care. We have Mata for the nice stuff and gestures, he will bring some energy to the team.

Icemav

From the brief highlights I have seen he looks made for the PL. Like the Bailly of right backs.

Nick7

Probably to show you to try deal with discussion about two sides of the coin.

Not everything is black and white, is that really hard to grasp ? We don't even know if it's all true or bollocks, especially with Mensah upping his game from quite a while.
Nah that's bollocks mate. He's a plonker regardless of that. You can have a "two sides of the coin" conversation about anything if you sit on the fence.

I don't want him regardless of one good thing he's done.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nah that's bollocks mate. He's a plonker regardless of that. You can have a "two sides of the coin" conversation about anything if you sit on the fence.

I don't want him regardless of one good thing he's done.
:lol: I didn't said in one single post that he's not a plonker. Can you deal with that ?

Varun

Staff
Isn't he quite poor going forwards? Now that we've added a DM(we'll almost have), we really need FBs who can do the business going forwards. Shin shatterers won't cut it.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
No, thanks.

Some people are desperate for a signing, any signing, that they talk themselves into anything it seems. Squad harmony is important and this guy is obviously an idiot.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hopefully. Would love to see him become a first team player if he's good enough
That would save money and ticking timebomb feel to it.

Aurier is a beast going forwards.
Speaking purely football, he's beast in many aspects plus reminds a bit of Keith David in his best years and that's something I simply can't ignore.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't understand this. He is right full back. There we have valencia. Only city buys backup full back for 30 mil. And i don't think that aurier would come as backup.
So my question is- can he play left back?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That would save money and ticking timebomb feel to it.

Speaking purely football, he's beast in many aspects plus reminds a bit of Keith David in his best years and that's something I simply can't ignore.
Everything about him is absolutely perfect except for his head. He could join someone like Atletico and be an absolute boss but he needs a manager like Simeone to hopefully rein him in.

Varun

Staff
He is like Valencia.
Physical beast who owns the right flank but has a poor cross which leaves a lot to be desired is how I feel about Valencia. If he's the same, I'd be satisfied but still a tad disappointed that we couldn't get someone with better delivery.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Physical beast who owns the right flank but has a poor cross which leaves a lot to be desired is how I feel about Valencia. If he's the same, I'd be satisfied but still a tad disappointed that we couldn't get someone with better delivery.
That's pretty much it, Meunier is far better going forward.

Dazzmondo

Don't understand this. He is right full back. There we have valencia. Only city buys backup full back for 30 mil. And i don't think that aurier would come as backup.
So my question is- can he play left back?
The price being quoted is around €20m which is a steal for a player of that level. Also, Valencia will need replacing eventually. Makes sense to get that replacement early before prices inevitably rise a few years later. He's played lb before but it wouldn't be an ideal position. He's very one-footed

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He is great at making runs behind the opposing LB, can skin his defender with pace and acceleration and has the power to win duels shoulder to shoulder. Creates a lot of problems with a guy like Verratti to ping him through balls. His crossing is average and his finishing subpar. Good aerial threat.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Everything about him is absolutely perfect except for his head. He could join someone like Atletico and be an absolute boss but he needs a manager like Simeone to hopefully rein him in.
Aye, team with strong sense of unity like Atleti could do that, they somehow survived Costa and made that to their advantage.

He is like Valencia.
That's one hell of recommendation, especially for a player with divisive reputation... plus if his technique is really better than Valencia's then lots of managers could be tempted to take risk.

Varun

Staff
He is great at making runs behind the opposing LB, can skin his defender with pace and acceleration and has the power to win duels shoulder to shoulder. Creates a lot of problems with a guy like Verratti to ping him through balls. His crossing is average and his finishing subpar. Good aerial threat.
Cheers man.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aye, team with strong sense of unity like Atleti could do that, they somehow survived Costa and made that to their advantage.

That's one hell of recommendation, especially for a player with divisive reputation... plus if his technique is really better than Valencia's then lots of managers could be tempted to take risk.
His technique isn't better than Valencia's though.

The Bloody-Nine

I don't get where this guy fits into our plan. Four players wanted and it looks like we have three. Most agree we need a winger and Perisic has been strongly linked. Then, out of the blue, we've apparently agreed a deal with a player who may, or may not be permitted to work in the UK? Something fishy about this one. We've already lost out on one target due to circumstances beyond our control. I'd be very surprised if we were banking on another legal verdict going the way we want it.

Full bodied red

Not too sure that he would come as a permanent back-up to Tony V. Maybe he would, but I don't see it....

And given that he has 'form' when it comes to being a disruptive influence in the Dressing Room and a history of being a bit of dickhead off the ptch, I really can't see how or why we're being linked with him.

As we keep saying, our priority HAS to be a natural winger, not a back-up full back.

Danillaco

From the same game...

Because of a throat slit sign?

Come on, in Brazil the striker at Fluminense does it everytime he scores. I doesn't mean he want to actually kill, but that he's a "killer".

It think, and I might be wrong, it's such a fuss for nothing.

Mcking

We need a LB more than an RB, but if we sign him, we will need to ship out some defenders. If its up to me, it will be Blind and Jones with TFM going out on loan. Darmian, Shaw and Mitchell will cover the Left; Valencia, Aurier and Darmian for the Left. We have the option of a back three too since he can play CB and RWB(Valencia too), and maybe Perisic and Lingard for LWB.

Hanky panky

I agree we need LB more than RB. But, Tony is already (very soon) 32y. We have to replace him sooner or later. If Aurier is available with peanuts, we should sign him. And imo, in a good day, he's already better than Tony.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That isnt very impressive. 19 in 5 seasons.. less than 4 a season.
Hes a defender, some midfield players don't even get 4 league assists in a season

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can he play on the left?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anyone think Jose probably wants him so he could push Valencia back to the right wing in bigger games to have additional defensive stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.