Sergej Milinković-Savić

Chairman Steve

Don't know how I feel about this video to be honest.. With so much time on the ball McT would probably look good too.
As long as SMS doesn’t turn time on the ball into a borderline red card challenge like McT did this past weekend, we’re fine :p

AndySmith1990

Don't know how I feel about this video to be honest.. With so much time on the ball McT would probably look good too.
You only have to watch the last match to see what Scott McTominay does with time on the ball

lsd

The Oracle
Big fan and have wanted us to replace Pogba with him for so long.

Yes him and Rabiot would certainly be a huge upgrade on McFred.

If it's going to happen we need to do it soon at least have them ready for Liverpool

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We’ll feck this up no doubt

nainaisson

We just need to hypnotize McTominay into believing he's playing Leeds every week and we won't need to sign Milinkovic-Savic.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This one seems to good to be true… the funny thing is lazio will probably let him go for around 60. Less then what we’re going to pay for de Jong. But I forgot we only go for players that are mega hard to get and cost way more. Savic and rabiot will cost similar to de Jong. May aswell go for 2 players instead of 1. Use your brains man!!

Witchking

Not interested in any of the names trotted out. This guy, Rabiot etc. Rather just struggle this season and get a new team next. Getting 28 year olds who will refuse to move on will become a theme at this club.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Not interested in any of the names trotted out. This guy, Rabiot etc. Rather just struggle this season and get a new team next. Getting 28 year olds who will refuse to move on will become a theme at this club.
What’s the guarantee it’s to be different next year. We can’t fix this shit show in one summer. We need to fix holes every summer. So if a player like Savic is available then you take cause he improves us. Also if we play Fred and McT, we won’t be in Europe next year and ETh will be fired.

rooney2009

I don’t rate the little I’ve seen of this guy at all
Never been really impressed with him
He is not a very good midfielder maybe he would be better in the Bruno position

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
That's hardly a ringing endorsement, to be fair
That’s not exactly saying “I don’t want him” either. He said he will be useful. People who don’t want us to sign a player won’t be saying “I don’t want him….but he maybe useful”. That’s means they are okay with us signing him.

RkkMan

Thats a very poor mindset
All the fixation on FDJ has made people see EVERY MIDFIELDER as a downgrade which isn`t the truth.
If De Jong didn`t exist you wouldn`t be feeling this way about SMS who`s 27 and a quality midfielder that starts for almost all top European Clubs BTW. Frankly with our current options we aint in a position to be picky
No midfield signing=another poor season meaning no CL football meaning we still struggle to attract good players that take us to the next level so Ten Hag will fail here
Rather sign players that give us a fighting chance than nobody and suffer irreversible consequences

Gandalf

How would we set up with him and Rabiot? Doesn't seem to be enough defensive solidity
I am guessing Rabiot is the plan but that is very much dependent on him being willing to do the job. PSG believed he was best played as a 6 and the stats backed that up but a big part of why he fell out with the club was due to his desire to play in a box to box role. Juve played him almost as a LW at times last season. It might be that with a bit of maturity and having underwhelmed in a more attacking role he is now open to the idea of rebooting his career as a defensive midfielder and if so then he could do the job better than anyone we currently have but I just have a huge question mark over whether he would really be willing to do it.

Witchking

What’s the guarantee it’s to be different next year. We can’t fix this shit show in one summer. We need to fix holes every summer. So if a player like Savic is available then you take cause he improves us. Also if we play Fred and McT, we won’t be in Europe next year and ETh will be fired.
Yeah makes sense man.

Thats a very poor mindset
All the fixation on FDJ has made people see EVERY MIDFIELDER as a downgrade which isn`t the truth.
If De Jong didn`t exist you wouldn`t be feeling this way about SMS who`s 27 and a quality midfielder that starts for almost all top European Clubs BTW. Frankly with our current options we aint in a position to be picky
No midfield signing=another poor season meaning no CL football meaning we still struggle to attract good players that take us to the next level so Ten Hag will fail here
Rather sign players that give us a fighting chance than nobody and suffer irreversible consequences
True, not a good mindset to have, just sucks that we are out of options after bringing in a good coach. What a waste of a summer where we should have signed players with intent.
Let's hope if this happens, it works out and SMS becomes peak Scholes.

ThanksBoss26

This one seems to good to be true… the funny thing is lazio will probably let him go for around 60. Less then what we’re going to pay for de Jong. But I forgot we only go for players that are mega hard to get and cost way more. Savic and rabiot will cost similar to de Jong. May aswell go for 2 players instead of 1. Use your brains man!!
I've got used to the idea of us bringing in two now - a new partnership. Resigned myself to de Jong going to Chelsea.

izec

I wish we would make a bid and not wait until FdJ holds a Chelsea shirt with a smug face.

This is the thread to be IMO. 18 pages for our new shiny toy is a disgrace.

dubplate warrior

He really doesn't look all that, more like a physical Bruno. Feels like a proper Woodward signing.

dubplate warrior

Bruno is stinking up the place.
Exactly. This guy seems very high risk high reward, I don't think we need this kind of midfielder. I have a feeling if we are linked with him that Rabiot is going to play as our 6.

izec

Exactly. This guy seems very high risk high reward, I don't think we need this kind of player.
I think he is a actually more conservative than Bruno's gung ho style. SMS and Eriksen with a proper 6 would be a great midfield. Eriksen can playmake from deep, and SMS would be our box to box with license to go into the box.

Rolaholic

Gonna camp out in this thread now with the FDJ saga reaching its cruel and depressing conclusion.

Hope the club can please get this done, always felt his game would adapt to the PL better than a lot of the midfielders we've been linked with in the past.

AdNani

Exactly. This guy seems very high risk high reward, I don't think we need this kind of midfielder. I have a feeling if we are linked with him that Rabiot is going to play as our 6.
Which is Rabiots best position so that's a good thing.