Sergio Aguero and the Wigan pitch invader | Aguero and Pep face no action.

ti vu

I would love to see how this would be viewed on here if we had lost to Yeovil and there was a pitch invasion where a fan grabbed Sanchez and started mouthing off at him.
There was a pitch invasion when Bristol beat us!

Perhaps, City should show more respect to the home team, players, coach, and fans lest escalating thing? It's not the first time City was involved in hand bag involving pitch invasion

BIGbadBOO4

Nothing will happen to him, but annoying thing is if it was a United player then something would be done. The push/punch was understandable but chasing him and pushing ref certainly needs looking at. Can I also add in my job I would lose my job if I reacted to goading like that.

RMD83

I have full sympathy for aguero on this one. He shouldn’t be put in a position where he is being grabbed and taunted by opposing fans. The fan should be dealt with not aguero. Aguero is meant to be on the pitch, the moron fan is meant to be in the stands.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite

Closed fist.
Aguero should have punched him just for having his pants so low.
The fans shouldn't be on the pitch and definitely not causing trouble with the players, Aguero has every right to defend himself. But you can never tell with the FA how they'll see it, just depends what they fancy doing or if it's turn to come down heavy or not.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
It's your portrayal of the fan as innocent victim that I disagree with. He's just run what, a couple of hundred yards, over barriers, past stewards to confront Aguero. What does HE expect?
Along with hundreds more fans.

A small club has just knocked out a big club in a game nobody expected them to win. The passion those fans just felt was the best feeling in years for them as a football club. Off course they were going to invade the pitch, it happens all the time when amazing things happen for small clubs.

City done it themselves when they won the league

We have no idea what happened between the fan and player, but what we do know is that Augero went after the fan in an agressive manner that had to see him restrained.

Thats unproffesional, dangerous and wrong.

ti vu

To all the people condemning this:
Why don't you have a look in the "Fergie's brawl with gang of Turkish players took team spirit to new level" thread and shed some more light on your thoughts.
You can't read?

SAF got his players out of the brawl by jumping into the fight between men when he was over 50s. The spirit in question is he watching over his players, and the players feel it, and respect. They themselves were shitting themselves, trying fight their way to escape, and the boss came to the rescue!

How is it comparable? Where was Pep?

Last edited:

ti vu

Aguero should have punched him just for having his pants so low.
The fans shouldn't be on the pitch and definitely not causing trouble with the players, Aguero has every right to defend himself. But you can never tell with the FA how they'll see it, just depends what they fancy doing or if it's turn to come down heavy or not.
But City fans wanted fan to have right to pitch invade and celebrate when opposing players are still on the pitch! They said stewards were unreasonable doing their job not

RMD83

There was a pitch invasion when Bristol beat us!
Well I didn’t see that. When the final whistle blew, I turned the tv off, turned the light off and didn’t move for 3 days.

Red_toad

To all the people condemning this:
Why don't you have a look in the "Fergie's brawl with gang of Turkish players took team spirit to new level" thread and shed some more light on your thoughts.
Rushing in to help protect players who are in a fist fight, compared to smacking someone in the face as they’re laughing at you? I don’t see what light you’re under.
Kun is in the wrong, whole incident could have gotten completely out of hand. He should be banned, FA cannot encourage that type of behaviour & fan will be dealt with in the courts.

Nickthepip

Hope he gets banned but, being honest, there have been times since Fergie left, when I’d like to have seen our players this wound up by a defeat.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Along with hundreds more fans.

A small club has just knocked out a big club in a game nobody expected them to win. The passion those fans just felt was the best feeling in years for them as a football club. Off course they were going to invade the pitch, it happens all the time when amazing things happen for small clubs.

City done it themselves when they won the league

We have no idea what happened between the fan and player, but what we do know is that Augero went after the fan in an agressive manner that had to see him restrained.

Thats unproffesional, dangerous and wrong.
Pack it in. The difference between pitch invasion as a spontaneous outpouring of joy and an act of aggression or confrontation is obvious. I hate when we get up on our high horses.

Andersons Dietician

Did he throw a punch or did I just miss Something in the video? I saw what looks like a push off but no punch. Still going after the dweeb for more ain’t gonna do him any favours.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Aguero is an absolute cnut! I would sympathise with any other player from any league at the moment. But this guy is just a pure breed of a cnut! I'd sympathise with Suarez more.

Gazza

Aguero's reaction was completely understandable. He is surrounded by strangers who are swarming the pitch where they're not supposed to be, no police in sight, the guy could be drunk or on drugs or carrying a weapon for all we know. I truly think some people don't appreciate how fecking out of order that is. If it was a United player who lashed out like Aguero did I wouldn't be saying "Hit him harder next time mate" but I wouldn't be throwing him under the bus either.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Aguero can be a nasty little shit, but him, or no player should be in a position where there is a goading fan on the pitch in their face. Farce if he gets a ban and Wigan should be fined for failing to control their fans. One of these days something bad will happen during one of these pitch invasions.

cyberman

Aguero's reaction was completely understandable. He is surrounded by strangers who are swarming the pitch where they're not supposed to be, no police in sight, the guy could be drunk or on drugs or carrying a weapon for all we know. I truly think some people don't appreciate how fecking out of order that is. If it was a United player who lashed out like Aguero did I wouldn't be saying "Hit him harder next time mate" but I wouldn't be throwing him under the bus either.
What's with the hyperbole over every City incident?
Every injury is treated like a near death experience and now Aguero is protecting himself from a potential weapon carrying super assassin.

Fluctuation0161

Pack it in. The difference between pitch invasion as a spontaneous outpouring of joy and an act of aggression or confrontation is obvious. I hate when we get up on our high horses.
Is it? I think league 1 Wigan fans will have been filled with joy having just knocked out a premier league team, no?

Jonno

Lets take our red-tinted glasses off and appreciate that a fan came at him and tried to grab him, and Aguero forcefully shoved him off, and then squared up to him. Nothing wrong with that.

If someone came in to my place of work and did that, I'd have done the same. He will get a fine and that will be that.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Are you suggesting Wigan invaded the pitch to attack City?

We have no idea what happened, what we do know is that a city player chased after a fan and had to be restrained.

Still ill

Is it? I think league 1 Wigan fans will have been filled with joy having just knocked out a premier league team, no?
Well of course. And the difference between the majority that were on to celebrate and the few tools that were looking to get in the City players faces was pretty evident also.

arthurka

Great game of footy. . Love seeing City for what they really are, this will go its way and will be dealt with professionally like everything else that the FA does.. FA Cup at it's finest..

Still ill

Are you suggesting Wigan invaded the pitch to attack City?

We have no idea what happened, what we do know is that a city player chased after a fan and had to be restrained.
If that is the only thing you know having watched that footage, my heart goes out to you. That is a spectacularly one-eyed view of the whole thing. Let's agree to disagree.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Lets take our red-tinted glasses off and appreciate that a fan came at him and tried to grab him, and Aguero forcefully shoved him off, and then squared up to him. Nothing wrong with that.

If someone came in to my place of work and did that, I'd have done the same. He will get a fine and that will be that.
But a footballer is not allowed to retaliate to fans with any kind of physicality. He should be banned and rightly so.

Also, I don’t know where you work but if I hit someone at work with my arm then I would be warned or at worst I would be sacked.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
If that is the only thing you know having watched that footage, my heart goes out to you. That is a spectacularly one-eyed view of the whole thing. Let's agree to disagree.
Do you know what happened between the fan and Aguero? I most certainly dont.

What j do know and what I did see was that Aguero certainly did not fear the fan and chased after him with what can only be described as intent to cause harm and he had to be held back.

Still ill

Do you know what happened between the fan and Aguero? I most certainly dont.

What j do know and what I did see was that Aguero certainly did not fear the fan and chased after him with what can only be described as intent to cause harm and he had to be held back.
As I say, agree to disagree.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Well and what, what was the fan doing there in the first place? maybe was an overreaction but he hardly attacked him, just defended himself. What would we look at the incident when one of our footballers was provoked from a closed distance and he lashed out at him?

automaticflare

Well and what, what was the fan doing there in the first place? maybe was an overreaction but he hardly attacked him, just defended himself. What would we look at the incident when one of our footballers was provoked from a closed distance and he lashed out at him?
that doesnt matter. you cannot go around taking the law into your own hands. thats like saying another player fouled him so he broke that other players leg so thats alright. It is just not ok. not here, not in any normal society really. if he was in real danger he would have ran off the pitch, not gone chasing after that stupid idiot fan. so that is bullshit too. His actions were that of a man seeking vengeance/revenge for some wrong doing, not one of fear.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
But a footballer is not allowed to retaliate to fans with any kind of physicality. He should be banned and rightly so.

Also, I don’t know where you work but if I hit someone at work with my arm then I would be warned or at worst I would be sacked.
So you'd of been happy if Livermore got a ban for what he did?

Come on pal there's not one red on here who'd of had a go at any Utd player had he done what Sergo did.

aaron221295

Supports
Luton Town
All of this nonsense about “Aguero was protecting himself”.. I’m sorry if I’m walking down the street and I’m outnumbered about 30:1, the last thing on my mind would be to try and instigate something.

Agree supporters shouldn’t be on the pitch but with the way the game went, after the pitch invasion all it needed was a very small spark to ignite and the situation could have been a lot lot lot worse had the fan reacted. He will get a banning order for sure but you can’t have players lashing out like that.

We are probably talking about someone who is paid 300k a week to act as a professional footballer and he lowers himself to the same standards as somebody who probably earns £300 a week. Poor from Aguero there.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Do people seriously wear tracksuit bottoms for anything other than the gym?
What's wrong with that? Also, I find it hard to believe that you are asking this. I see it everywhere (universities/colleges, on train, in shops etc). You must live in a really posh area!

thisISben

You’re in a team claimed to be one of the best ever, absolutely smashing the league and look likely to reach the next round of the Champions League with ease. Probably on course to lift the league cup and should be set to get through to the quarters of the FA Cup but then a team 2 divisions below scupper any chance of a famous quadruple, being just the third team to beat you in 6 months.

No shock that emotions will be high. Especially if you’re confronted by fans literally moments after the final whistle. You should never swing an arm but you can see why he did it. Just because he’s a City player doesn’t mean he should be banned for 5+ games. I bet nothing will come of this.

Fluctuation0161

Well of course. And the difference between the majority that were on to celebrate and the few tools that were looking to get in the City players faces was pretty evident also.
From the footage I saw there was kids and families smiling on the pitch, hugging Wigan players.

What evidence is there that tools got in the City players faces? Can you link the video please?

borrays

Lifelong ban for the fan and hefty fine for the player. FA cant do nothing about this. Imagine if someday some fan bring a knife or other harmful things into the pitch?

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
There are reports that the fan spat at Aguero. That would explain the reaction, but again they should never have been sprinting from the stands to Aguero in the first place. They should be banned, as should the fans stood throwing coins and bottles into the City fans.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Wigan should be fined for failing to prevent a pitch invasion.

You have a bunch of yobs running on to goad and harass City players ... I don't blame Aguero in the slightest.