Sergio Ramos in January?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

kps88

Why would we take someone whose current fitness situation is so concerning that his club are thinking of letting him go for free?

CG1010

With Varne and Ronaldo already being there, let's reassemble the entire old Madrid's team here.

TheLord

Let us create a first eleven consisting of only 30-year-old ++ players. I am thrilled at the prospect.

Bwuk

The fact he hasn’t kicked a ball yet for PSG rules this out

NotQuiteManc

He is their Schweinsteiger. Why would we want another episode of that? If any injury prone player that I would like United to take from PSG, it would be Veratti.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why would we sign him given the reason he'd be leaving PSG?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Let’s get Casillas too

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't think Ramos can be viewed as any type of reliable to start unfortunately

redrobed

Not if he’s available on a free. Stingy owners and always looking for the cheapest option is a big part of the reason we’re in this mess.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not if he’s available on a free. Stingy owners and always looking for the cheapest option is a big part of the reason we’re in this mess.
In fairness, we spent over 100M on van de Beek and Sancho. Stinginess clearly not the issue here, just the complete lack of a clue of what we are trying to build (if anything).

Our last few freebies haven't been bad at all either :lol:

Not that I would sign Ramos, mind.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Against all odds, at least for me, it seems that his body has said enough.He wants but he can't.
A nice move from Florentino if he really saw it coming.
He missed the Euro but Zidane started him against Chelsea.An indication of the importance of the hierarchy for Zizou or the weight of Ramos in the dressing room.
It certainly shouldn't be an option for United

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
A lot of "why would we get this crock" type replies. The same was said about Robben Ribery and Zlatan once upon a time. He's not that long off the pitch and is a very, very good CB - better than all our current ones when fit, easily. Provides leadership and expects a high standard. The obvious risks are obvious though, yes.

skc_18

What good will this bring ?
We already have 3 good (atleast what Ole thinks) CBs for the 2 spots. And we have Bailly too. Why would we want to bring another CB who isn't fit and would just disrupt whatever harmony we have in the team? This will be a signing similar to Victor Valdes.
I cant think of one positive in this, literally not even one.

Pep's Suit

It sounds like his career is over, I doubt any team will sign him. He played like 300 mins of football this calendar year and if his body doesn't react to treatment anymore... That's the end, unfortunately.

RUCK4444

For free on low-ish wages. He may be a crock but if we have enough of them we will always have at least three that can start in a back five ;)

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
No, no and no. Maybe 2/3 years ago when he was contemplating leaving, but I see him struggling with i juries and having no pace left.

spiriticon

I guess Varane needs company in the physio room now that Jones has moved out :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would you take him on a free?

He has yet to play for PSG due to injury and he has been left out of the Spanish squad due to concerns with his fitness. There are many rumours being bandied about that PSG regret signing him and would like to release him on a free.
How could anyone say yes to line 1, when reading line 2!!!

pascell

Preach! Because after all the money we've spent, we sure went for the cheapest option when spending £80m on Maguire, £90m on Pogba and £73m on Sancho!