Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Like the bullshit reports that DDG has signed for them every week for a couple months, he clearly hasn't signed a new deal either.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
An article in "El País" a couple of days ago about Ramos contract, sorry for the mistakes in translation:
http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2015/08/03/actualidad/1438604214_709251.html

Sergio Ramos is prepared to say yes to the last renewal proposal that Madrid made him. The figure, according to sources from the club's board , is 8m Net during five years + half a million more for each Champions League won . From people that participated in the contacts, the offer was made by Florentino Perez, the club president in the interview they had in China, the past week .The brother and agent of the player , René Ramos, and the general manager of Real Madrid, Jose Angel Sanchez, were present.
According to all parties expressed ,the agreement is almost closed . Madrid now has what , in the words of a executive is the "ace of diamonds" in the negotiating strategy to sign David de Gea. Madrid board believe that Manchester United can no longer use Ramos to close the door to his goalkeeper , who ends his contract in 2016 and already initialed an agreement with Madrid.
Madrid officials consulted ensure that the board was going to sell if the player insisted in his idea and if United raised its offer from 65 to 70 million euros. The rope was so tense that for Florentino Perez was a surprise to find that Ramos backed and wanted to negotiate.
Club officials though that Ramos would insist in the idea of study/hear all Manchester offers, but according to the board , it was the player himself who told Florentino Perez that he was open to the possibility of staying in Madrid. Then they made the offer of eight million net per year and Ramos, far from being irreducible , said he'd think and give an answer this week. He also demanded to the leaders to protect him from the media sector that had been most critical with him. Jose Angel Sanchez encouraged him to sign and saying that finally he would culminate his dream of being the Madrid captain for many years. The mystique of the bracelet , in the opinion of the leaders fascinates Ramos.
Ramos version is different. The player ensures that the board could not allow to sell him after the unpopular exit of Casillas, and Florentino Perez told him that he could only leave if the buyer paid the club buyout clause of 180 million euros. Ramos , who has two more seasons left on his contract , ended the attempted rebellion.
Ramos sought to win ten million euros net per season and the club had offered just over seven . Negotiations broke down in spring and the CB said to his brother and agent ,Rene ,that wanted to leave Madrid. The announcement came after René opened a round of contacts with United to lay the groundwork for an eventual transfer. United took it very seriously and offered the player five seasons and 12 million net, while put on Madrid table more than 60 million. Madrid board also took seriously the Ramos brothers and began to consider the transfer . The position of the CB,and the need to accelerate the signing of De Gea , held by United until Madrid agreed Ramos transfer, opened the stage of barter.
Wishful/Eager to close a compromise,United proposed Ramos the signing of a civil contract that guaranteed that the operation would happen ,under penalty of compensation. René refused . United official say that the brother of footballer assured them that between men the word was enough.It was not so. Now the officials who United sent assure that the English club feels used . Stripped of the card/wildcard of Ramos and practically forced to transfer De Gea if Madrid paid a good amount. United administrators know that in January Madrid could acquire rights to United goalkeeper for free because the player will be out of contract in June 2016. Charge now between 30 and 40 million euros would be an excellent deal .

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I've been saying this for a while now.
We lack "bite" in our team and right now we are a team of a bunch of nice guys...which I dont like.
I've notice that Mourinho always creates teams which have a good balance of nice guys and ****s.
We need a few ****s in our team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
An article in "El País" a couple of days ago about Ramos contract, sorry for the mistakes in translation:
http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2015/08/03/actualidad/1438604214_709251.html

Sergio Ramos is prepared to say yes to the last renewal proposal that Madrid made him. The figure, according to sources from the club's board , is 8m Net during five years + half a million more for each Champions League won . From people that participated in the contacts, the offer was made by Florentino Perez, the club president in the interview they had in China, the past week .The brother and agent of the player , René Ramos, and the general manager of Real Madrid, Jose Angel Sanchez, were present.
According to all parties expressed ,the agreement is almost closed . Madrid now has what , in the words of a executive is the "ace of diamonds" in the negotiating strategy to sign David de Gea. Madrid board believe that Manchester United can no longer use Ramos to close the door to his goalkeeper , who ends his contract in 2016 and already initialed an agreement with Madrid.
Madrid officials consulted ensure that the board was going to sell if the player insisted in his idea and if United raised its offer from 65 to 70 million euros. The rope was so tense that for Florentino Perez was a surprise to find that Ramos backed and wanted to negotiate.
Club officials though that Ramos would insist in the idea of study/hear all Manchester offers, but according to the board , it was the player himself who told Florentino Perez that he was open to the possibility of staying in Madrid. Then they made the offer of eight million net per year and Ramos, far from being irreducible , said he'd think and give an answer this week. He also demanded to the leaders to protect him from the media sector that had been most critical with him. Jose Angel Sanchez encouraged him to sign and saying that finally he would culminate his dream of being the Madrid captain for many years. The mystique of the bracelet , in the opinion of the leaders fascinates Ramos.
Ramos version is different. The player ensures that the board could not allow to sell him after the unpopular exit of Casillas, and Florentino Perez told him that he could only leave if the buyer paid the club buyout clause of 180 million euros. Ramos , who has two more seasons left on his contract , ended the attempted rebellion.
Ramos sought to win ten million euros net per season and the club had offered just over seven . Negotiations broke down in spring and the CB said to his brother and agent ,Rene ,that wanted to leave Madrid. The announcement came after René opened a round of contacts with United to lay the groundwork for an eventual transfer. United took it very seriously and offered the player five seasons and 12 million net, while put on Madrid table more than 60 million. Madrid board also took seriously the Ramos brothers and began to consider the transfer . The position of the CB,and the need to accelerate the signing of De Gea , held by United until Madrid agreed Ramos transfer, opened the stage of barter.
Wishful/Eager to close a compromise,United proposed Ramos the signing of a civil contract that guaranteed that the operation would happen ,under penalty of compensation. René refused . United official say that the brother of footballer assured them that between men the word was enough.It was not so. Now the officials who United sent assure that the English club feels used . Stripped of the card/wildcard of Ramos and practically forced to transfer De Gea if Madrid paid a good amount. United administrators know that in January Madrid could acquire rights to United goalkeeper for free because the player will be out of contract in June 2016. Charge now between 30 and 40 million euros would be an excellent deal .
so let's get this right.

we were only prepared to let De gea go if we got Ramos.
We're now not getting Ramos,so somehow we don't have any "Cards left" in the ambition to keep De Gea?

how on earth is that true?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Blow em' out the water and offer 12m pound a year. What's that, about 17m euros?

Kaos

Erm no, if he genuinely wants to be here then sign him, otherwise bribing him with stupid offers makes us no better than the likes of City or PSG.

Loon

:lol:
I really hope United are bluffing and have another CB set up before the window closes because this ain't happening.

Kaos

That ship has sailed, we're just as bad.
I like to think that we scout the player's personality and desire to play for the club instead of simply their ability. I'm sure the likes of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Darmian are delighted to play for us, not so much Di Maria.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I like to think that we scout the player's personality and desire to play for the club instead of simply their ability. I'm sure the likes of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin and Darmian are delighted to play for us, not so much Di Maria.
You have just answered your own question with the last player you listed.

Kaos

You have just answered your own question with the last player you listed.
My point is that Di Maria was the death knell for us signing mercenaries. I don't think the club will risk signing a player who's not arsed about playing for us, regardless of how good they are.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
haha agreed. The days of Keane, Stam etc. Even Vidic too. We do seem a tad soft
Jones is constantly fouling and gets nothing but a hard time for it. There's no pleasing some people!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
My point is that Di Maria was the death knell for us signing mercenaries. I don't think the club will risk signing a player who's not arsed about playing for us, regardless of how good they are.
I agree. The only big signings I think we would pursue are Bale, Muller, and Ronaldo.

This old Neymar advert nicely sums up the type of player we should not be pursuing - namely one that thinks moving to a place like England would be frigid, uninteresting, devoid of home comforts, and confusingly multicultural.

Sheldon69

Yep, even Rooneys a girl now ever since he had his kids, he lost part of his game when he curbed his aggression
More like since his hair transplant . He's not bin the same player since he joined the Ricky ponting brigade

RedStarUnited

I think that Madrid won´t pay so much,if he doesn´t like he can leave in 2017.
And rightly so. Its good to see this isnt as straightforward as it was being made out. Off course the news that he agreed a contract was widely accepted and this will not even cause a stir.

Hang in there Sergio, you can sign the extension in September. Just leave De Gea with us.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
so let's get this right.

we were only prepared to let De gea go if we got Ramos.
We're now not getting Ramos,so somehow we don't have any "Cards left" in the ambition to keep De Gea?

how on earth is that true?
I don't know. I don't understand the logic either. It seems to presuppose that we are a) in reality desperate to cash in on him (i.e. desperate not to let him go on a free next summer) or b) desperate to replace him because we have reason to believe he won't play well (enough) for us if he is forced to stay on.

Unless someone knows far more about what goes on inside the heads of LVG, Woody and Dave himself than I do...well, again, I don't get the logic. To my simple thinking it seems that we can - as we could before the whole Ramos saga began - simply tell them to feck off and keep our player for one more season. And furthermore that we can be reasonably sure that he won't be crap because a) he's a professional, b) he isn't crap, and c) he has a starting spot for Spain to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.