Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
It was rhetorical, and I was referring to the situation not the thread raising it's ugly head … but to answer both questions in order: yes it seems so … and obviously!
I was referring just to the situation. Any new reports? The last update was that he would stay, just the salary to be agreed upon.

SqueakyWeasel

I was referring just to the situation. Any new reports? The last update was that he would stay, just the salary to be agreed upon.
Some places (currently unverified and unreliable UK sources so probably crap) this morning report that Real have told United he can be got but only for a straight bid of nearly £60m. Wouldn't normally have bothered to mention it (and didn't in my earlier post) but it seems to be picking up a head of steam.

Varun

Staff
Some places (currently unverified and unreliable UK sources so probably crap) this morning report that Real have told United he can be got but only for a straight bid of nearly £60m. Wouldn't normally have bothered to mention it (and didn't in my earlier post) but it seems to be picking up a head of steam.
Probably crap as you said but it'd be funny is Real value de gea at 20mil and Ramos at 60 when he has just 1yr more left on his contract.

SqueakyWeasel

Probably crap as you said but it'd be funny is Real value de gea at 20mil and Ramos at 60 when he has just 1yr more left on his contract.
I'm not going to get all muppet here but if there were any truth in it at all it would back up the other rumour that the Ramos camp (family, brother I think) were pissed off with Real for feeding the Madrid press the tour photo ops and the "Ramos agreed to pen new contract" story. That would put us in a great position and would be really funny!

Varun

Staff
I'm not going to get all muppet here but if there were any truth in it at all it would back up the other rumour that the Ramos camp (family, brother I think) were pissed off with Real for feeding the Madrid press the tour photo ops and the "Ramos agreed to pen new contract" story. That would put us in a great position and would be really funny!
If he wanted to throw a strop and leave, it would have happened already. Think he'll settle for 9mil or so and stay.

izec

Dont see how we could get him. They reportedly want too much money for him, and pay peanuts for De Gea. It wont happen now, i dont think.

He would be perfect alongside Smalling though, but knowing Aloysius, he would pair him with Blind and keep Smalling on the bench :)

Varun

Staff
Sure you're right … although then why has it not happened already? I'd much rather that we were in for their guy whose name is a bit more like yours anyway!
Reports say Real are offering 7.5mil while he wants 10, thats why.

They wouldn't sell the guy you want, gem of a player and only going to get better.

We should go for Benzema.

SqueakyWeasel

Dont see how we could get him. They reportedly want too much money for him, and pay peanuts for De Gea. It wont happen now, i dont think.

He would be perfect alongside Smalling though, but knowing Aloysius, he would pair him with Blind and keep Smalling on the bench :)
Just read a quote from LvG that might piss you off then … ain't gonna happen but it seems it would be a replacement for Smalling not a partner if it did. This is what he said:

Van Gaal says it’s not out of the question that he could still sign another defender this summer.

But the United manager insists the new man must be good enough to oust Smalling from the first team – a player he says will be hard to find.

He said: “We have three (right-sided) centre backs, we have Smalling, Jones and McNair but if he is much better than them then it is possible. We go for the best players and it has to be possible.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
Just read a quote from LvG that might piss you off then … ain't gonna happen but it seems it would be a replacement for Smalling not a partner if it did. This is what he said:
Does that mean he's happy with Blind as Left CB? All three RCBs are possibly much better than our starting LCB for now, defensively.

Ixion

Does that mean he's happy with Blind as Left CB? All three RCBs are possibly much better than our starting LCB for now, defensively.
If a better LCB than Blind and Rojo becomes available we'd buy them. He spoke about RCB because he was probably specifically asked about it but he said the same applies to all positions, a better player comes along we'd get them.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
If a better LCB than Blind and Rojo becomes available we'd buy them. He spoke about RCB because he was probably specifically asked about it but he said the same applies to all positions, a better player comes along we'd get them.
That'd be surprising. Who'd specifically ask about whether you are in market for RCB, while asking for the whole CB scenario would make more sense. But if that was the case, than fair enough.

RedStarUnited

If he wanted to throw a strop and leave, it would have happened already. Think he'll settle for 9mil or so and stay.
Like De Gea has thrown a strop and left right?

Most players, especially those at a big club will not do that. They will do behind the scenes stuff but wont publicly declare their intentions.

Varun

Staff
Like De Gea has thrown a strop and left right?

Most players, especially those at a big club will not do that. They will do behind the scenes stuff but wont publicly declare their intentions.
De Gea's stance has made van Gaal admit he wants off, that's what I meant by throwing a strop, not refusing to train etc. In Ramos's case, all the news from Madrid themselves is that he will stay and it's all about the salary. Has been so right from the off.

RedStarUnited

De Gea's stance has made van Gaal admit he wants off, that's what I meant by throwing a strop, not refusing to train etc. In Ramos's case, all the news from Madrid themselves is that he will stay and it's all about the salary. Has been so right from the off.
De Gea hasnt had any stance though? LVG thinks he is mentally not there, I bet you even if Benitez thought the same Perez wouldnt allow him to not play Ramos. And Madrid will say that its only about the money, it is in their interest to say so. Shows the player is unloyal etc..

Varun

Staff
De Gea hasnt had any stance though? LVG thinks he is mentally not there, I bet you even if Benitez thought the same Perez wouldnt allow him to not play Ramos. And Madrid will say that its only about the money, it is in their interest to say so. Shows the player is unloyal etc..
Hadn't had a stance? Van Gaal has been saying for quite a while now that de gea was considering a move. He's now confirmed that he wants to go but we don't have an agreement on the fee. That's quite different to the stance with Ramos where a bigger contract bas been the issue from the go. Disrespect etc added to it ofcourse.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Woodward is missing a trick here. He should play along with these players who are after bigger contracts in exchange for a cut. It'll be a great earner.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Signed a new deal until 2020. Could close the thread and move on with our muppet lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.