Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

acrebo

I think the way we've turned the tide has been brilliant, to be honest.

Ramos will most probably not sign for us but the way we've given Madrid a taste of their own medicine is great. Without even discussing prices (publicly at least) we're driving up the price of DDG by making Madrid discuss huge fees for Ramos.

Question234

I think the way we've turned the tide has been brilliant, to be honest.

Ramos will most probably not sign for us but the way we've given Madrid a taste of their own medicine is great. Without even discussing prices (publicly at least) we're driving up the price of DDG by making Madrid discuss huge fees for Ramos.
If we eventually get a good CB then it's brilliant.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Valencia is a tank. Jones as well. Rvp definitely although he seems weary.
Van Persie is too busy blowing snot from his nose to be a tough guy.
Just watch any game from last year and he seemed to be doing it every time the camera was on him.

darioterios

the first time here I haven't seen his thread around the top of the portal in half a month

Ananke

I think we've played this very well.

• All the focus turned to Ramos leaving Madrid rather than DDG leaving United.
  • Madrid were stuck in a few tricky situations, almost cornered.
  • By doing what Madrid do and driving the price skywards for Ramos...only helps us when selling DDG.
  • We've actually stopped ourselves rather than going for whatever price Madrid want. Cutting that line is essential to show you won't be made fools of.
I think the question now is how we're going to handle it when the attentions shifts back to DDG. Because it will this summer. We need to seriously hardball them like they have done us with Ramos. I know he has a year left on his contract, which is a setback, but if anyone can pull this off it's the big man Woodward.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals

• By doing what Madrid do and driving the price skywards for Ramos...only helps us when selling DDG.
  • We've actually stopped ourselves rather than going for whatever price Madrid want. Cutting that line is essential to show you won't be made fools of.
I think the question now is how we're going to handle it when the attentions shifts back to DDG. Because it will this summer. We need to seriously hardball them like they have done us with Ramos. I know he has a year left on his contract, which is a setback, but if anyone can pull this off it's the big man Woodward.
Woodward has played it well, demand a record transfer fee for de Gea even though he only has 1 year left. It's only fair after what we've paid for Di Maria (de Gea doesn't want a different club I assume) and de Gea is worth more to us on sportive terms than anything below that. Ofcourse he will still leave, but at least we get a good fee and show RM we won't be lowballed. They surely don't want to wait a year, especially if the lurking transfer ban is true.

Ramos is a bonus, I'm not sure wether he really wants to leave but it would surely soften the blow if he does. If not he's been helpfull for us regarding Spanish media and he gets his raise.

DevilRed

Never thought of it that way. I suppose its all part of a negotiation to eventually get a substantial player to come the other way if we really are losing De Gea to that lot.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's clearly not been persuaded to make a public statement about wanting to leave then, shame that would have really made things interesting.

As it stands I don't think we have much hope on this one, but keeping DDG for one more year and getting Otemendi instead might just be the best thing.....but I'd love Ramos here all the same.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
this story suggests that RM want 65 million quid. that is, honestly, ludicrous and we would be insane to spend that kind of dosh on Ramos.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eiderlin-deal-should-be-sealed-this-week.html
£65m for a 29yrs old RB. Even we're not stupid enough to pay that. 1/3 of that amount would be too much.

Ramos isn't daft enough to want to leave RM for Utd either....unless of course he's in line for being the next RM reject and if he isn't good enough for them then he's not good enough for us.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The rumours clearly indicate we won't go anywhere near that price, £40m is around the maximum fee we wan't to pay.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
No way we would pay £65 for a 29 year old who is not Ronaldo. But love how Woody is trying to unsettle them. Good. Perez is a massive cnut.

United22

£65m for a 29yrs old RB. Even we're not stupid enough to pay that. 1/3 of that amount would be too much

Ramos isn't daft enough to want to leave RM for Utd either....unless of course he's in line for being the next RM reject and if he isn't good enough for them then he's not good enough for us.
Just because he isn't good enough for them, doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us. Also, Madrid sold their second best player to us, not because he wasn't good enough for them but because of their fetish for super star signings.

RonaldoVII

According to Graham Hunter on SSN, he has been briefed that Ramos is completely committed to leave the club and he wants Real to begin negotiations with United and ONLY United :)

He also emphasised that sources close to Ramos have assured SSN that Ramos definitely wants to move and isn't a ploy for a new deal etc. The €40m bid is meant to be the only bid and Ramos wants the move to happen soon.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
£65m for a 29yrs old RB. Even we're not stupid enough to pay that. 1/3 of that amount would be too much.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
This is on. "Sky Sources: Ramos tells Madrid he wants to leave club & join Manchester Utd."

Graham Hunter is on SSN now talking about it.

Last edited:

Kag

It's safe to say that the British media have been throwing shit at the wall hoping that it sticks. The only people that know what we're doing is the guys at the top of the club.

Let's wait and see.

prarek

Lol after months of De Gea rumours it would be funny if we lined up next season with both DDG and Ramos. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ouuuuu finally some proper news. Get in. Hopefully they agree. Though that would probably mean we accept something shit for De Gea but I'm resigned to him leaving anyway. Ramos and Lloris in would still be an improvement on our defence from last season even if De Gea is miles ahead of Lloris.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why are people surprised? We're the biggest club in the world. Lets act like it.

I did actually vote, 'Please God no!', but i'm semi excited now.

prarek

Also we would be the first club to tap a Real Madrid player. Ozil and Di Maria don't count as Real Madrid were willing to sell them. Not the case with Ramos as they clearly don't want to lose him.

LS17

What the feck? :lol:

Since all this started I just assumed it was him asking for a new contract. Graham Hunter on Sky Sports now saying Ramos WANTS to come to United and has asked to leave to join us and only us. This is nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.