Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Agreed - no buy back, large sell-on fee. Monaco did not want to sell Ballo-Toure. Ait-Nouri not going after season start now.

Rolaholic

Arsenal makes no sense, they all love Tierney, they have a limited budget and recently spent 25m for him.

Starting to doubt that source.
Yea the link doesn't make much sense when they have Tierney and Saka who's capable of playing there already but its a different source from that Sevilla journo from earlier tbf

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but why are Real Madrid offering him about? Is he that good that they don't want him?

MrEleson

Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but why are Real Madrid offering him about? Is he that good that they don't want him?
They have Ferland Mendy who is arguably already a top 3-5 LB itw and Marcelo as back up.

Santos J

Zidane prefers Mendy to start who's very good and they have Marcelo as cover.

Robertd0803

Zidane doesnt fancy him, prefers Marcelo and Mendy, Madrid want/need cash. Pretty much.

Chairman Steve

Id say

1) They have Marcelo and £45m Ferland Mendy competing for his position
2) They need the money after COVID-19 crippled them financially as well as spending a ton last summer

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What about these reports we are about to sign Alex telles? Surely we won't sign two left backs in one window?
It’s obviously one or the other, mate. One would cost a lot more too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I (kind of) understand this question, but can we not just look at the player in question and make a judgement of how good we think he is? Quite a few people have mentioned Real’s willingness to do business as a negative, when we can actually just use our own eyes and see that he spent all season as Sevilla’s first LB and played very well. That’s surely worth more than applying some sort of algorithm of ‘Madrid want to sell, can’t be that good’. He’s been a Sevilla player and a full international, how good he is or isn’t is not something Madrid can keep as a secret from suitors.

I appreciate you were just asking the question, it’s just that I’ve seen a few people say ‘if he’s not good enough for Madrid why do we want him?’ He was voted best LB in Spain last season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Who is the better player between this guy and Alex Telles? There’s talk of Telles agent flying to manchester to try and agree a deal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They have a long list of players who they sold for one reason or another who turned out to be world class players. Hakimi and Reguilon both had phenomenal seasons and are up there with the best young fullbacks around. Madrid sold Hakimi to Inter and want to sell Reguilon. Just how it goes. If they have a player they like in the position, everyone else is expendable.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Say we signed this guy tomorrow would be not be able to even train with us until he’s done 2 week quarantine? Or is there some kind of exception for professional sportsmen?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Arsenal makes no sense, they all love Tierney, they have a limited budget and recently spent 25m for him.

Starting to doubt that source.
Tierney isn't exactly reliable when it comes to injuries and he has played LCB of a back 3 a lot. It's more likely we're in the mix for clicks, rather than Arsenal.

Chief123

In the occasional matches where we choose to play 3 at the back at two split strikers (against big teams), then Reguilon would be perfect as the left wing back and Shaw as the left centre back in the 3. Nice balance to it.

DevilRed

Could be but many people thought the same as VDB as well when Barca were involved but he was always going to come to us
I'd be happy if we did this deal of course.

But it seems like we spend at least 6-12 months in the press being linked to a player, before eventually signing them!

LonelyFire

Can this lad actually defend? Every time I see him I think two things:

1. He’s playing left wing as opposed to left back
2. Massively overrated

I know we want to improve squad but I think people are becoming obsessed with signing players as opposed to the actual football side.

Giggsy13

2. Massively overrated

I know we want to improve squad but I think people are becoming obsessed with signing players as opposed to the actual football side.
We have FBs that can defend but our FBs are lacking on the attacking end. The modern FB can do everything. Other than James we don’t have any wingers. Greenwood is a striker playing out of position on the right and Rashford has a tendency to cut inside.

Look at the way city and the scousers attack and compare that to ours. We’re one dimensional and don’t have any width. We are in need of a proper attacking FB.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

2. Massively overrated

Usually in the modern game it’s normal to have at least one attacking full back. Trent at Liverpool can’t defend either. I can’t think of any other top team in the world with 2 defensive full backs like we currently have. Someone like Reguilon balances out AWB.

LonelyFire

We have FBs that can defend but our FBs are lacking on the attacking end. The modern FB can do everything. Other than James we don’t have any wingers. Greenwood is a striker playing out of position on the right and Rashford has a tendency to cut inside.

Look at the way city and the scousers attack and compare that to ours. We’re one dimensional and don’t have any width. We are in need of a proper attacking FB.
I know they need to do everything - hence why I’m asking if he can defend. On the basis of the little I’ve seen, he’s nowhere to be seen defensively.

Absolutely no point spending 20m plus on a left back who can’t actually defend.

LonelyFire

Usually in the modern game it’s normal to have at least one attacking full back. Trent at Liverpool can’t defend either. I can’t think of any other top team in the world with 2 defensive full backs like we currently have. Someone like Reguilon balances out AWB.
Reguillion is hugely out of position defensively every time I’ve watched him. Agreed on TAA but I don’t think he’s as bad as what I’ve seen from
Regullion.

I don’t disagree it’s a position we can improve on but I really don’t think he’s that good.

RUCK4444

Reguillion is hugely out of position defensively every time I’ve watched him. Agreed on TAA but I don’t think he’s as bad as what I’ve seen from
Regullion.

I don’t disagree it’s a position we can improve on but I really don’t think he’s that good.
This is exactly what you will find with 95% of these 'attacking fullbacks.' They are effectively wingers pretending to be fullbacks.

There are some who are very good at the role I'm sure, but when I say 'some' I mean 'very f*cking few exist'

Status
Not open for further replies.