Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs' right foot

They have also had to pay enormous fees. E.g, Kaka, Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard. Yes they have got them from big clubs, but at a massive cost.

For some players, they do dream of playing for Real, that’s a fact, and Ronaldo is an example of that. Or a slightly alternative view is that they dream of the lifestyle playing in Spain gives them, and therefore want to play for one of the top teams on Spain.

Would the same players have gone to Barca if they were interested at that time? Yes. Would Henry, Eto, Zlatan, Ronaldinho have gone to Madrid if they were buying that year, absolutely.
Totally agree.

But I was just responding to a poster who just couldn’t fathom that RM dared to demand a buy-back clause, and my only input was that RM knows how much players wants to play for them, and they therefore know they can get away with it, as history tells us - that was all :D Apparently that was a hot take.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said ages ago I thought this summer would be a repeat of 2018

GK 2018 Grant / 2020 Henderson
CM 2018 Fred / 2020 VDB
FB 2018 Dalot / 2020 Ruguilon

Failed to build on a 2nd place finish in 2018 and we'll fail to build on a 3rd place finish now
Interesting parallels. Really looks that way at the moment.

SinNombre

Reguilon, Thiago, VBD, Upamecano would be a pretty excellent window. We'd still have that right wing issue, but I guess that just means more games for Greenwood.
Would be a great transfer window and would cost slightly more than Sancho alone.

Totally agree.

But I was just responding to a poster who just couldn’t fathom that RM dared to demand a buy-back clause, and my only input was that RM knows how much players wants to play for them, and they therefore know they can get away with it, as history tells us - that was all :D Apparently that was a hot take.
Roger that. It was a nice little rabbit hole.

SinNombre

I said ages ago I thought this summer would be a repeat of 2018

GK 2018 Grant / 2020 Henderson
CM 2018 Fred / 2020 VDB
FB 2018 Dalot / 2020 Ruguilon

Failed to build on a 2nd place finish in 2018 and we'll fail to build on a 3rd place finish now
Not quite though.

Bruno + Pogba played 30 games between the two of them combined.

Greenwood only bulked up and broke through post-Covid break.

We have a lot of pieces which should be better next season.

I do agree that we need at least one more signing this summer, be it Thiago or Upa or Sancho.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
From our point of view it sucks to lose Reguilon. Home grown club man that is more than good enough to start for us, but because of politics he is being offloaded. Ideally I would have liked to loan him out to a smaller club, because we gonna need him next season when Marcelo retires.

He is a brilliant left back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not quite though.

Bruno + Pogba played 30 games between the two of them combined.

Greenwood only bulked up and broke through post-Covid break.

We have a lot of pieces which should be better next season.

I do agree that we need at least one more signing this summer, be it Thiago or Upa or Sancho.
Yeah, the massive difference between 2018 and 2020 is the attack is in a much more positive position. I can see the approach.

... But the obvious risk here is one injury and we’re playing players who are nowhere near good enough. Simple fact is we are/were 30+ points behind City and Liverpool, and the side who finished level on points with us have signed 5+ first team players.There is fair ground to whinge (assuming our dealing stays how it is).

kaiz

So for anybody who watched Sevilla last season what does he bring to the team if he does sign? In today's market seems a worthwhile risk at c.£30m.
Just found another good analysis with clips.

SinNombre

Yeah, the massive difference between 2018 and 2020 is the attack is in a much more positive position. I can see the approach.

... But the obvious risk here is one injury and we’re playing players who are nowhere near good enough. Simple fact is we are/were 30+ points behind City and Liverpool, and the side who finished level on points with us have signed 5+ first team players.There is fair ground to whinge (assuming our dealing stays how it is).
I do think Liverpool will regress (after a massive outperformance last season) and the gap is closer to 25 points which is still a lot !

Agree with the rest, and agreed that there is to fair ground to whinge as of today.

I'm still thinking that we will sign one more first team player in addition to Reguilon.

Riz

From our point of view it sucks to lose Reguilon. Home grown club man that is more than good enough to start for us, but because of politics he is being offloaded. Ideally I would have liked to loan him out to a smaller club, because we gonna need him next season when Marcelo retires.

Is the belief among Madrid fans that this will go through now?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Works for Cadena Ser who are very reliable I believe

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Is the belief among Madrid fans that this will go through now?
It's common knowledge that he is not going to be part of the team this season.
As it's well know RM splashed 50 million euros on Mendy last season on the direct request of Zidane and to be fair Mendy has played well. He was a defensive monster last season.

The reserve is Marcelo who is a club legend and vice captain. So there is virtually no place for Reguilon although he more than good enough to be first choice for us or at least fight for the spot.

Reactions: roonster09

Riz

It's common knowledge that he is not going to be part of the team this season.
As it's well know RM splashed 50 million euros on Mendy last season on the direct request of Zidane and to be fair Mendy has played well. He was a defensive monster last season.

The reserve is Marcelo who is a club legend and vice captain. So there is virtually no place for Reguilon although he more than good enough to be first choice for us or at least fight for the spot.
Cheers mate, even so I wonder why the price is rumoured to be as low as €25m? Unless you’ll only accept that sum with a buy back clause perhaps..

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Now that’s more like it

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His girlfriend gives me a stiffy. All aboard here. :drool:

0le

Thank you for posting your insight. We are also familiar with politics in some sense, with the Glazers in charge.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If this happens feels like such a panic buy, we weren't even linked with him before the EL final

Kaos

If this happens feels like such a panic buy, we weren't even linked with him before the EL final
I’m not hugely thrilled by this signing but it does make sense. We’re light on decent fullbacks, and the only one we have that offers anything going forward seems perpetually injured. So from a squad perspective it does make sense.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Well he did play a blinder against us and has been a standout for them in the EL. Can see why the club would decide to go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.