Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I would be happy with either this Guy or Telles. Fact is that we can't rely on Luke Shaw for a full season, and Williams would be better as RB backup.

hubbuh

We will likely play that line up often if we sign Regulion but AWB will play a wingback, not the CB. It is actually a great line up, could be our strongest.

Shaw Maguire Lindeloff
Regulion Pogba VDB AWB
Bruno
Martial Greenwood (or Rashford)

This is 3-4-1-2 but you can play 3-5-2 with Bruno in less of an advanced role but you get the point.
I don't see the point in promoting AWB to an even more attacking position. He excels defensively, yet the right wing back in this formation needs to make the most difference going forward, a facet of his game which he famously struggles with.

Rolaholic

I would be happy with either this Guy or Telles. Fact is that we can't rely on Luke Shaw for a full season, and Williams would be better as RB backup.
I assume this would be the exact thought process behind bringing either one in.

We've yet to see a relatively injury-free season from him and the XI drops off quite a lot whenever he has a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Figure Ole wants to do all he can to avoid that during an especially congested schedule this season

Kearnkoff69

Both sides aren’t right because that isn’t what happened. Saying he largely came through as a RB is just categorically wrong, as he didn’t.
Happy to admit if my perception is wrong, but I recall him getting a run of games at RB for the U23s a couple years ago. What made that stick in my mind was the commentary through that stretch of games being something along the lines of "he played RB through 16 and was shifted to the left because of how good Laird was" in the context of him covering the right flank being an easy positional shift for him. As I said, that perception comes from a couple years ago and obviously you're one of the foremost youth team experts on here so I fully believe if you say that is not correct, for whatever reason it's what I remember.

Rolaholic

Please feck off Jose, thanks

Shades of the reports of them putting a last minute bid in for VDB a few weeks ago

Zoo

I want a LB but am not too bothered Reguilon. I have questioned his defensive ability, sure he looks amazing going forward but so does [Irrelevant point].

SATA

Perhaps Madrid strictly insisted on a buy back clause while we are having none of it, that’s likely why he is going to Spurs

Kearnkoff69

Reputation on the line here now.
Nah, you know how it will go. If he signs for Spurs, Romano's line will be "everything was set for United, but Tottenham came in at the last minute with a better bid and sealed the deal" and we'll never know for sure what the truth is.

Ahahahahaha that is just typical for this transfer window. Would be interested to see if he'll have a buyback clause when he signs for Spurs.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
How so ? Things can change in a few hours. Fabrizio is a legitimate journalist who is absolutely capable of getting it wrong at times.
Romano is just a tap-in merchant.

Baxter

United may have said absolute no way they’ll take a buy back and Spurs may have agreed, for example.

This weird fashion of shitting on journalists every time they get something ‘wrong’ is weird. Things change, especially in multi million pound transfers. Look at Dan James at Leeds, or Fekir at Liverpool.

The shitey reddit ‘tier’ system has a lot to answer for.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Spurs are the kind of club who wouldn’t be arsed about a buy-back clause. Nice profit in a couple of years.

Rolaholic

Would be genuinely funny and tragic at the same time if they end up getting him without a buyback :lol:

Have to wish condolences to his potential though if he plays for 2020 Jose

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Nah, you know how it will go. If he signs for Spurs, Romano's line will be "everything was set for United, but Tottenham came in at the last minute with a better bid and sealed the deal" and we'll never know for sure what the truth is.
Good point. Sports journalism is a piece of piss.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Very interesting. Ornstein vs Romano. I know they could both have been right at different times in the transfer process but as recently as the last hour or so Romano has said he's close to United. They're generally seen as the two most reliable journalists in the business. I think he's a quality player and would love to see him at United competing with Shaw.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'd have expected him to mention Spurs by now if that was the case? If not, does that suggest his source was at United and not from Reguilon's side? No doubt he will later now after it has been broken
He mentioned Spurs yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.