Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

In terms of status, stature, support and pay, everywhere else (that would probably offer him a 1st team place) will be a step below. The only reason he would move is for playing time.

Ask Brown, Butt, Neville, Fletcher, O'Shea etc.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He has been fantastic, when called upon. I do, however, feel that he might be on his way out after the WC, because Jose might want to give more game time to Joel Pereira so as to continue his development and fulfill his potential.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He has been fantastic, when called upon. I do, however, feel that he might be on his way out after the WC, because Jose might want to give more game time to Joel Pereira so as to continue his development and fulfill his potential.
If he were to leave it would be before the WC, which obviously isn't in the cards. I think he will stick around for the long run now that he is in his 30s and on a good wage at a big club. There's really nowhere for him to go from here, especially as he may have a chance of replacing De Gea if he decides to leave in a couple of years.

ricky-romeo

he just signed a 4 year contract last summer, which was a pleasant surprise.

hope he stays as long as possible. an incredible back up keeper, the best no.2 we've got ever imo.

Bristol 2:1 Man Utd

Roboc7

Been a great backup but When we signed him that’s the clown I was expecting to see, been all over the place tonight.

NinjaFletch

Could do nothing for the first, but just an all round bizarre performance from him. Dropped the ball 3 times from goal kicks and then jumped over the ball for their winner.

Nero

Last season I was facepalming every time people suggested they would be happy with him as De Gea's replacement.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This was a pre-United Romero today, laughably bad. Hopefully it's just an unlucky day though

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why did he fall to the ground after catching a cross when we were drawing? Did he think we were 4-0 up or something? Brainless.

engulfing

Looked rusty. To be fair he hasn't played in ages but should have been experienced enough to deal with the Bristol players trying to wind him up whenever he was handling the ball. Experienced keepers would have just shoved them hard and screamed into their ears to feck off.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jumped over the shot that ended up being the winner. De Gea saves that IMO. He'd do that thing where he goes down on one knee and it'd go right at him. The shot went straight under Romero's leap. Bizarre decision.

He's normally rather good at claiming aerial balls but he was always over the place in his own area.

Home fans were right. "You're shit. Ahhhhhhhh"

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
1st goal was unstoppable.

He shouldn’t be put in the position to deal with the second, but his reactions were hilariously bad.

His passing was poor tonight too.

Sylar

Why did he fall to the ground after catching a cross when we were drawing? Did he think we were 4-0 up or something? Brainless.
I couldnt stop laughing. There was still about 3 minutes left and we had players running for a counter. And he just falls on the ball like were hanging onto a 2-1 lead against Madrid or something.

kundalini

Worst game he has had since early in his first season. Coming for the throw in then missing it completely was just awful; very fortunate to get away with that one. First goal simply too good. Not sure about the 2nd.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I couldnt stop laughing. There was still about 3 minutes left and we had players running for a counter. And he just falls on the ball like were hanging onto a 2-1 lead against Madrid or something.
No clue what he was playing at.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Couldn't believe that. 1-1, injury time, they have a few bodies forward and he does that. Absolutely mental.

AngliaRed

Last season I was facepalming every time people suggested they would be happy with him as De Gea's replacement.
I know me too!

“He’s more than capable”
“He’s argentinas no.1”
“He could fill DDG boots”

Always will be a cup keeper, I actually like Romero, but he had abit of nightmare tonight. His distribution and general goalkeeping basics looked all over the place.

Devil may care

Really sloppy with his kicking tonight, poorest performance he's had in a United shirt.

cletus7

Just didn’t look that interested today. Perhaps fed up of being a bit-part keeper.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
At times, it seemed like he was trying too hard. Maybe he was trying to show off for potential suitors who might take a punt on him in January? Not that it went well for him tonight. Probably his worst game I've seen in a Utd shirt.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very easily beaten I thought for the second goal.

Acole9

Outstanding
Their players made him look a right mug tonight. He was doing himself no favours at all.

dogwithabone

Very easily beaten I thought for the second goal.[/QUOTE

......and the first.

It was a great strike but that ball comes right across him from an acute angle. I’m not convinced that shot beats the majority of top keepers.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His worst game for us, I can't remember him looking this shaky before. Maybe he's a bit rusty, hasn't played for a while.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Seemed like he couldn't care or want to try. Flapping at things or just losing the ball or being too casual.

Glad someone else picked up on that, That pissed me off him lying there when we should have been trying to start a counter attack and not hope to make it to extra time.

izec

Thats the player i expected from the start to be honest. His form til yesterday was a miracle.

Man Utd 2:0 Derby

el3mel

Didn't like his performance today. He was shocking in their crosses, made some very silly mistakes and his distribution was garbage.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone know why he wasn't on the flight to Dubai? Was he meeting them there? I know he wants to go on loan somewhere to get playing time ahead of the World Cup, is he back in England to finalize a deal?

Acole9

Outstanding
Sounds like he's off. It's a shame because he has been a good understudy for us, although he has been a bit ropey in the past couple of games. I do wonder though why he signed a three year contract in the summer only to decide he's not going to be our number one surely that was obvious.

Eire Red United

Ah no. Be sad to see him go, was always nice knowing we had a number 2 who’d start for most PL teams. He was always solid whenever he was called on here so the very best of luck to him if he does leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.