Serie A 90's Draft Round 1 - Sjor Bepo/MJJ vs Enigma_87/The Red Viper

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their Serie A 90's peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idmanager

Great stuff @sincher :lol:
Hope you stick around .

For me, Enigma and TRV lack an oomph about their team in the final third except for Vialli who is top tier. Its a problem considering they won't have too much possession and will have to take the chances they get on the ball.
They quite obviously have the much stronger defense but in Veron and AdP, Bepo and MJJ have what you would call match winners.

Unless Enigma/TRV keep a clean sheet, I would bet Sjor/MJJ coming out with a win or a draw.
Lothar should have been the difference maker but I don't see him at his absolute best against a diamond, along with Dunga.

Although this would likely be a draw for me, went with AdP/Veron to sneak it. They are 1 CB short of winning this handsomely.

idmanager

Dont get me wrong, Bergomi is comfortably the best defender on the pitch, by a mile but at his peak he is a fullback or a RCB in a back 3, no doubt he can play in a back 4 and he probably played there a bit but that wont be peak Bergomi
That is not agreeable. He was strong and intelligent enough to adapt.
You use him the most effectively as a RCB where he can impact the system the most but he doesn't dip too much from his peak when moved to a 4 man defense.
Had all the attributes of a top class CB.

idmanager

The game is over but i was curious about Del Piero - Bergomi situation so decided to watch that game tonight, i mean what more can you ask from a football game. Bergomi, Zanetti, Fenomeno vs Davids, Zidane, Del Pierro + you get to watch proper football not this crap we have to watch this days.

Was the standout player alongside Davids but had little or no support from other offensive players, Zidane had a shocker and Inzaghi was, well....Inzaghi. Funnily enough, Fenomeno also had a shocker although he had a very good assist for the only goal in the game but was surprised how poor he was, he was invisible for majority of the game and when he had the ball, he lost possession.
You forgot to mention Taribo West was present in there too with his fecking ridiculous hair style :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Funnily enough, Fenomeno also had a shocker although he had a very good assist for the only goal in the game but was surprised how poor he was, he was invisible for majority of the game and when he had the ball, he lost possession.
Yeah, the only way to stop him was to field a Ferrara - Montero defence :rolleyes:

Enigma_87

You know who
Well this is better after the Elephants vs Arseholes shitfest.

Bepo's Bastards take an early lead after Lombardo, Veron and Vialli all go up for a header and forget whose head is which, resulting in a free kick that could have gone either way to be honest. Branco steps up to take it but has such a long run up that Del Piero nips in and hits it the other way and somehow scores, perhaps partly because Rossi is confused about actually having to do anything for a change and was leaning against his goalpost having a sneaky fag. Different time I guess.

After a brief and somewhat suspicious chat with Antonio Conte, the ref awards the goal. 1-0.

The rest of the first half carries on with the bastards in control of the game, mostly because Enigma's Eejits can't seem to get their heads round 'switching to 4-3-3 when they have the ball' with all the midfielders except Dunga (obviously) trying to be the extra man and generally vacating the midfield area. Somehow, though, they keep it at 1-0, maybe because Dunga is used to this exact pattern when playing for Brazil.

After the first half a tactical switch (amounting to 'stop fannying about') and the eejits start playing with Matthaus as a sweeper and he is suddenly all over the park.
They also start realising that they are playing against the sp.... diamond and that the bastards are relying on Helveg and Heinrich for their width. Pinned back by Lombardo and Paolo Sergio and allowed less time in midfield, Veron tries a hollywood pass and fecks it like the occasional fannyfart he later liked to exhibit more regularly, Matthaus grabs it, runs upfield, gives it wide to Lombardo who slings a first time cross in for Balbo. 1-1. Conte looks aghast. He's going to have to dig deep for this one. Might lose his car.

The rest of the game sees some quality stuff from both sides in midfield but Bergomi and Ferri showing themselves to be one of the most chilled out partnerships in history with Matthaus buzzing around them and the eejits face no further serious trouble.

Finally with just a couple of minutes to go, after three penalty appeals are mysteriously turned down, Vialli fires in a shot from the edge of the area which flicks off Conte and lands in the bottom corner. Ha ha Antonio!

2-1 to the eejits and good luck with anyone trying to beat them who doesn't pay off the officials first.
Awesome stuff mate, love your summaries. :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Cheers, mate, but not over yet as we've seen some turnarounds lately.

Not much to say in terms of your team from our side either I think tactically you guys were spot on with the personnel at disposal. Always nice to see Del Piero and Katanec in the same side and of course some personal favorites as Veron and Conte.

Enigma_87

You know who
Good game @MJJ @Šjor Bepo . Really liked your effort here along with some favorite Serie A players of the time. Nice diamond as well, very apt for the theme and timeline.