RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott in?
KM/(Cal?)

Reserve/possible AM: Isotope

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Actually.. I was correct in assuming Skizzo/Pat_Mustard joined forces, eh? Opens up a spot for @Isotope .

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Skizzo/Pat_Mustard - Romario, Redondo and Xavi
Aldo/The Stain - Frank Rijkaard, Ronaldinho & Diego Maradona
Edgar Allan Pillow - Messi, Luis Ronaldo & Cristiano Ronaldo
Enigma_87/Snow - Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski
Crappycraperson - Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini
Tuppet - Matthaus, Nesta, Kohler
Sjor/anant -
Downcast/KirkDuyt - Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Manuel Neuer
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott -
KM/Cal? -
Isotope -

Yet to confirm participation.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome! I'm very delighted to be part of this draft as a Full Member with my Dutch teammate @KirkDuyt: we are participating in our third tournament.

Some are very creative here about us. Things are simple: our recent promotions have taken longer than expected so that we had to send our choices to a collector whose name is @Invictus. Moreover, a newbie can read the posts of the Elders.

Regarding our blocked players, I am surprised by your reactions for diverse reasons:

- The rules of the game have been followed
- I am of those who think that a goalkeeper plays a key role in a football game. For instance, I consider DDG as one of our top 6 players.
- I have chosen some of the greatest goalkeepers of All-Time who are famous for their significant impact on the fate of a game
- I understand the philosophy behind the concept of "blocked players" is to bring lesser known players
- Some of us did want 32 blocked players and others 48 ones: we are happy to contribute to drafting a compromise

Please feel free to PM me if needed.

Good luck to everyone !

CastDown

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I object to Downcast's notion on goalkeepers. As Cruijff said: you don't need a goalkeeper if your opponent doesnt have the ball.

Also, hello everyone we actually exist and arent Invictus' imaginairy henchmen to help him take over the world :)

The Stain

You're both Invictus' alter egos, aint ye? Welcome.

Last edited:

The Stain

Crap, I need to read through so much once I get home from work. Give me some time, or let @Boycott be my representative if decisions have to be made soon.
New rules in threadmark, new thread tomorrow, start tomorrow.

Edit: block 3 players

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also, hello everyone we actually exist and arent Invictus' imaginairy henchmen to help him take over the world :)
That's what they always say.

But in the unlikely event you're actually human beings, I'd like to welcome you - and your lover. *

* Harry Enfield, you know. Dutch people. Tulips, windmills, free love. Just be glad you ain't German.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Sjor/anant - Van Nistelrooy, Suarez, Zidane
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott -
KM/Cal? -
Isotope -

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's what they always say.

But in the unlikely event you're actually human beings, I'd like to welcome you - and your lover. *

* Harry Enfield, you know. Dutch people. Tulips, windmills, free love. Just be glad you ain't German.
Of course we say that, we are Invictus, we are one..err

The Harry Enfield sketch is absolutely brilliant btw, just rewatched it, thx for that.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Of course we say that, we are Invictus, we are one..err

The Harry Enfield sketch is absolutely brilliant btw, just rewatched it, thx for that.
Please don't tell them the truth about the Project MKUltra.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Interesting, as I consider DDG as our only top player
Yeah - and barely that.

For me, we don't have any top players, other than Phil Jones. But he's always injured. Post Fergie United: The greatest player in history (but always injured) plus a pretty good keeper (who's still not as good as Neuer). *

* Actually, I detest Neuer. I don't know what it is, he just gets on my tits. He's too clean somehow. Our Dave is my man. But he's off to Real come summer, ain't he - so we can't get too attached.

VivaJanuzaj

Yeah - and barely that.

For me, we don't have any top players, other than Phil Jones. But he's always injured. Post Fergie United: The greatest player in history (but always injured) plus a pretty good keeper (who's still not as good as Neuer). *

* Actually, I detest Neuer. I don't know what it is, he just gets on my tits. He's too clean somehow. Our Dave is my man. But he's off to Real come summer, ain't he - so we can't get too attached.
Nah, Dave is the real shit man, best shot stopper by far, not as good as Neuer in the air but not as bad as people paint him. Really saves our ass constantly

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah, Dave is the real shit man, best shot stopper by far, not as good as Neuer in the air but not as bad as people paint him. Really saves our ass constantly
Yeah, he actually is - now that you mention it. He actually is. Which makes it all the more sad. You know - if we can somehow manage to keep that fecker on the books, I'll...well, I'll buy that Woodward plonker a pint.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome! I'm very delighted to be part of this draft as a Full Member with my Dutch teammate @KirkDuyt: we are participating in our third tournament.

Some are very creative here about us. Things are simple: our recent promotions have taken longer than expected so that we had to send our choices to a collector whose name is @Invictus. Moreover, a newbie can read the posts of the Elders.

Regarding our blocked players, I am surprised by your reactions for diverse reasons:

- I am of those who think that a goalkeeper plays a key role in a football game. For instance, I consider DDG as one of our top 6 players.
- I have chosen some of the greatest goalkeepers of All-Time who are famous for their significant impact on the fate of a game
- I understand the philosophy behind the concept of "blocked players" is to bring lesser known players
- Some of us did want 32 blocked players and others 48 ones: we are happy to contribute to drafting a compromise

Good luck to everyone !

CastDown
I object to Downcast's notion on goalkeepers. As Cruijff said: you don't need a goalkeeper if your opponent doesnt have the ball.

:lol: Welcome lads.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'd suggest you ask your doppelganger Invictus about how drafts run in the mains! GK are usually picked 10th or in many cases the last pick of the draft.

Not that we don't like GKs but simply because it's difficult to assess their impact outside of the defensive line.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'd suggest you ask your doppelganger Invictus about how drafts run in the mains! GK are usually picked 10th or in many cases the last pick of the draft.

Not that we don't like GKs but simply because it's difficult to assess their impact outside of the defensive line.
Not only that but the difference will surely be smaller between the best goalkeeper available. There are definitely 16 very good goalkeepers that were born in the the last 55 years that have played in 3 of the 4 best leagues in Europe. Blocking some of them feels smart to me and it would be funny to see more people block keepers.

RedTiger

Half mast
Ladies and gentlemen,

Good luck to everyone !

CastDown
Welcome! Good to have some new players:)

RedTiger

Half mast
@Marty1968 just want to throw an idea around, it seem like this draft would be a nice candidate for chain rules, which basically mean you start with a player and can only pick up players who have played with your previously picked player. But you still have to have 4 players from each league. This mean you have to walk between league to league with "bridge" players who have played in both leagues. You can walk from one league to another and back but have to fulfill the draft league and nations requirements. This would be very research intensive though and I am not sure if 16 teams could form this way.
This is OK by me.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Blocked Players

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott (or another AM?) - Andreas Brehme, Pietro Vierchowod, Andres Iniesta
KM/Cal? -
Isotope -

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Actually.. I was correct in assuming Skizzo/Pat_Mustard joined forces, eh? Opens up a spot for @Isotope .

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Sjor/anant -
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott -
KM/Cal? -
Isotope -

Yet to confirm participation.
Is my slot confirmed @Marty1968 ?

if yes, block: Zidane, Desailly, Thuram

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Blocked Players

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
mazhar13/Boycott (or another AM?) - Andreas Brehme, Pietro Vierchowod, Andres Iniesta
KM/Cal? -
Isotope - Zidane (pick another block), Desailly, Thuram

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I block Batistuta, Baggio and Pirlo

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Blocked Players

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
KM/Cal? - Batistuta, Baggio, Pirlo
@Isotope - Zidane (pick another block), Desailly, Thuram

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Think we both competed in two drafts. I won my first draft and got knocked out at the first round in my second. So the former might be a slight fluke ;)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Blocked Players

VivaJanuzaj/MJJ -
Joga/Balu -
RedTiger -
Marty1968 -
Gio -
KM/Cal? - Batistuta, Baggio, Pirlo
Isotope - Stoichkov, Desailly, Thuram