Film Sex scenes: what's your stance?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Thread title should be: Sex - What's your stance?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Godfather one.
Dinner with Andre.
Laurence of Arabia.
The list goes on.

The greatest movies, 12 Angry Men (Paths of Glory), another example, do not have any sex scenes.
There is a sex scene involving Sonny during the wedding party at the beginning of the film. No nudity but it's still a sex scene.

Lawrence of Arabia has an implied rape scene in the Turkish prison as well, so it's not all puritanical cinema as you infer.

neverdie

There is a sex scene involving Sonny during the wedding party at the beginning of the film. No nudity but it's still a sex scene.

Lawrence of Arabia has an implied rape scene in the Turkish prison as well, so it's not all puritanical cinema as you infer.
Yeah I'll accept the revision. It's just something I've noticed. Maybe the Hayes code, and its legacy, in American (and British, to an American audience) cinema influenced a large portion of cinematic output even after the death of its de jure enforcement. To be wholesome was, and still is, "good business" sense in demography.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah I'll accept the revision. It's just something I've noticed. Maybe the Hayes code, and its legacy, in American (and British, to an American audience) cinema influenced a large portion of cinematic output even after the death of its de jure enforcement. To be wholesome was, and still is, "good business" sense in demography.
There may be something to that.
I seem to remember that even the blood splatter when Michael shoots Sollozzo and McCluskey was a big deal at the time.