Shawcross to Liverpool

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Decent player and could reach Carragher's level as he is a player of similar mould.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
You could say that about hundreds of young centre backs including another one of our alumni, Paul McShane.
Unfair comparison. While both were reasonably promising at reserve level, Shawcross has always had more of the attributes to make it than McShane . I always liked the look of him and he has gone from strength to strength. I can see him playing for a bigger club at some stage. McShane is going in the opposite direction.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Unfair comparison. While both were reasonably promising at reserve level, Shawcross has always had more of the attributes to make it than McShane . I always liked the look of him and he has gone from strength to strength. I can see him playing for a bigger club at some stage. McShane is going in the opposite direction.
Shawcross is definitely a better player than McShane.

My issue was with implying that because Shawcross has some similarities in style with Carragher that could go on to become as good as him. I would say that's extremely fecking unlikely to be honest, unless our coaching staff have cocked up massively.

There are hundreds of young centre backs that are "in a similar mould" to Carragher but only a tiny minority (if any) will end up as good as him. I seriously doubt any of them will have been found surplus to requirements at a club like United.

sincher

I don't even think it's true. He's more like a poor man's Stam.

But the poster who opined he could end up as good as Carragher probably doesn't think McShane could, so it seems like a crap way of bringing the argument down. Shawcross is very promising, I think.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't even think it's true. He's more like a poor man's Stam.

But the poster who opined he could end up as good as Carragher probably doesn't think McShane could, so it seems like a crap way of bringing the argument down. Shawcross is very promising, I think.
I'm sure he didn't. I was using that as an extreme example to point out it was silly to claim Shawcross could be as good as Carragher because he's "the same mold"

Of the two of them, I think McShane is probably more similar to Carragher in the way he plays, just infinitely worse.

sincher

Yes it would be a big step up.

He was usually one of our best few players in the ressies when I watched him though, and more promising than some who are still at the club. I don't think our coaching staff have fecked up as I don't think he'll end up being as good as Evans, say. Cathcart is at the same kind of level as Shawcross was in his last year with us I'd say, but has a bit more composure.

Shawcross is as tough as feck though and a real threat in the air. He'll have a good career.

Liverpool have a dangerous lack of cover at RB and CB. Good.

sincher

Yeah the wooden dildo wielding antics of Benayoun and Aurelio are definitely a turn off in terms of joining Liverpool.

Apparently Glen Johnson was well up for it, though, and Aquilani liked it so much he injured himself in his initiation ceremony.

sincher

No they all died from internal injuries. All hushed up. Very dodgy. Fact.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
How could they have been? He never has any money to spend.