g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sheep draft - NoPace vs Edgar Allan Pillow

Who would win based on player peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I can't believe it either, tbh. Favourite? Nah, I still have to carry "Mr. Underwhelming" Ancelotti and confront @Chesterlestreet again. Think almost all others would ditch their sheep/mediocre players and leave few gaps as obvious King Carlo.
You can easily get away with sporting King Carlo as a side kick, though. Just bring in a heavy hitter to sit next to him.

You can, in theory, get away with playing Paintsil at RB too - depending on who you end up facing in the next round.

Another concern, however, is whether you can keep your front three intact: At some point I think people are going to question Müller Light. In that role, I mean. I'd say he's probably easier to sell all the way on the right - but you can't play him there.

It'll be interesting to see what you do.

NB Who knows what sort of devilry Skizzo has in mind for the upgrades? Might not be straightforward for all we know.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I really do think we should do a sheep draft of only modern footballers. Would make for better arguments and less generalizing.
I agree. It would make it more of a purely tactical game, with everyone on the same page - roughly, at least - as far as the characteristics and qualities of the players go.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As for the voters, I'm far less gracious. This is how United ended up as unbalanced as we are. Shiny objects, people.
I fully agree here.

It was a super close match, in the end. Both teams seemed strangely set up, but NoPace's team had some shape and structure in it. However, EAP's GOAT's did help out a ton in getting the votes in the end. I expected NoPace to pip this, but instead, it was the other way around.

Congratulations EAP for handling this very well. It'll be interesting to see what you'll do for the next round.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Congrats Ed, I genuinely thought your team looked the more dangerous even though you had a shit midfield. I just tthink No paces side wasn't the type of team who could hand yours a lesson but many caftards will differ on that point.

NoPace

I agree. It would make it more of a purely tactical game, with everyone on the same page - roughly, at least - as far as the characteristics and qualities of the players go.
Yup. Who's running the next one? I'd love to get involved in a current players only sheep draft starting right after this one ends.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
+
I can't believe it either, tbh. Favourite? Nah, I still have to carry "Mr. Underwhelming" Ancelotti and confront @Chesterlestreet again. Think almost all others would ditch their sheep/mediocre players and leave few gaps as obvious King Carlo.
Ancelotti mightn't set the pulse racing but he had an excellent career. I don't know if he'll necessarily be a glaring weakness depending on who you draw next round. Montero and Desailly's ability to play left back and defensive midfield respectively gives you a little more flexibility as regards picks and formations as well.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Ancelotti mightn't set the pulse racing but he had an excellent career. I don't know if he'll necessarily be a glaring weakness depending on who you draw next round. Montero and Desailly's ability to play left back and defensive midfield respectively gives you a little more flexibility as regards picks and formations as well.
I've got a specific weird line up in mind, but don't think I'll find players to fit in.

kps88

This has got to be the biggest upset in Caf draf history? Like Gio said, Anto's pulled off a few good ones in the past, but that was down to exhaustive arguments and salesmanship; almost battering voters into submission.

Here, Edgar starts with a suicidal formation (shows what i know) and spends most of his time trying to put down Liedholm and big up Panstil. Makes me question just how much importance managers should give to balance in place of big names. No clue how this happened but it's genius.