Sheep draft QF - NM vs Cutch

Who would win based on player peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No can do. Still on phone and on way to beach.

@Theon, you could have Gattuso doing all you wanted Scirea to do in midfield, Scirea as an improvement on Rio and still coming forth to start moves, and Zé - Carlos making it double trouble for Pupi. All it requires is CA not attacking but tucking in. Good deal IMO.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
DDG gonna be working over time again today it seems :nono:
Wrong thread? But yes, United is pretty awful so far, but shouldn't you be used to it by now? Everytime I've seen United this season, it was unbearable to watch.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Wrong thread? But yes, United is pretty awful so far, but shouldn't you be used to it by now? Everytime I've seen United this season, it was unbearable to watch.
Why does Van Gaal keeps starting with 2 strikers? Make it staahp please :/

Anyway wrong thread and all.

Waiting for the pens from @Cutch and @NM , will publish the results after the match

NM

@Cutch good game. I was leading when I went to bed. Penalties it is then.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I checked about 2 minutes before the end and it was 17-16.
Weird, but it's not possible to take votes back. You can try it in the game between Joga and Boris, if you want to. If you click on change your vote, you can select again, but if you don't do it, it goes back to your original vote. So I'm not sure what happened there. I never saw a 17th vote for anyone though.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
17-16 to 16-16? Another manufactured draw :rolleyes:
Actually, I was always going to vote NM here but I was wary about this whole "vote discounting" Annah was on about. It would have effectively given him a lead he didn't actually have. Once it was clarified it would stand I voted, although by then you had taken a lead.

It's been a draw or +1 for either throughout, nothing manufactured about the outcome.

crappycraperson

Scout
Because there was a time when several people quoted a post and just did "PLUS ONE" as a way of agreeing with it.

NM

@antohan if you read the thread I clearly posted that I was going to sleep. Plus your tagging of my did not work (for whatever reason) so I didn't ignore you.

Why Gattuso?

1. He's a personal favorite.
2. Cutch had immense start power in midfield. The sacn voters would have penalized me for Ze Roberto.

I really think we explained our tactics and position a lot more than Cutch and it actually hurt us. Nobody bothered asking him to defend his weakness, yet we were asked more questions because we were active in the thread.

Not a complaint - just an observation.

NM

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm, think ive lost in the last 3 of these on penalties.
I'm the unluckiest man you'll meet buddy. I'm sure today is your day.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Nobody bothered asking him to defend his weakness, yet we were asked more questions because we were active in the thread.
Cutch's team was pretty straight forward though. And questions about his midfield were asked a lot. He didn't really have tactical decisions to make with his team, while you could have lined up in a million different ways.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I really think we explained our tactics and position a lot more than Cutch and it actually hurt us. Nobody bothered asking him to defend his weakness, yet we were asked more questions because we were active in the thread.

Not a complaint - just an observation.
That was because I didn't argue that Platini would likely be a big influence on the game. Balu, Viva and a few others I'm sure voted for you for this reason. I think they thought this meant I was leaving him unattended but this wasn't the case either.

NM

Cutch's team was pretty straight forward though. And questions about his midfield were asked a lot. He didn't really have tactical decisions to make with his team, while you could have lined up in a million different ways.
Correct, but that shouldn't hurt me should it? Votes should be about what's on the field, rather than what could be.

This isn't directed at you obviously.

That was because I didn't argue that Platini would likely be a big influence on the game. Balu, Viva and a few others I'm sure voted for you for this reason. I think they thought this meant I was leaving him unattended but this wasn't the case either.
Fair enough. Still reckon he would run riot though. You sending the penalties in?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Correct, but that shouldn't hurt me should it? Votes should be about what's on the field, rather than what could be.
Why do you think it did hurt you? I'd argue one of the main reasons why Cutch lost is because he didn't find enough time to argue his case, his advantage on the wings went totally under the radar in my opinion. It's not necessarily bad if your team is more discussed than the opponent.

NM

Why do you think it did hurt you? I'd argue one of the main reasons why Cutch lost is because he didn't find enough time to argue his case, his advantage on the wings went totally under the radar in my opinion. It's not necessarily bad if your team is more discussed than the opponent.
He didn't lose!

Anyway, what are the penalty options? Never done one of these.

crappycraperson

Scout
He didn't lose!

You can choose between R , L and C for shoot and save

If a shooter is shooting R, it's a save if Keeper goes L
And if he shoots C, it's save if Keeper goes C

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He didn't lose!
Oops, yes of course, my bad.

You name 5 of your players to take penalties and tell @crappycraperson if you want them to shoot to the left, middle or right. Then you tell your goalkeeper if you want him to go to the left, middle or right for the 5 penalties. @Cutch does the same. If for example Cutch's player shoots left and your goalkeeper jumps right, the penalty is saved. player shoots right, goalkeeper left is a save and both in the middle obviously as well.

Basically you just send a list:

Players
1. playername - L,R or C
2. playername - L,R or C
3. playername - L,R or C
4. playername - L,R or C
5. playername - L,R or C

Goalkeeper:
1. L,R or C
2. L,R or C
3. L,R or C
4. L,R or C
5. L,R or C

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, the draw was what it should have been, and I'm glad the winner will be decided by luck rather than which team was better. This should be a good pep-up for me after the miserable draw in real life...

NM

My penalties are in. Were in during the match

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Wouldn't mind a bit of penalties after that match... :(
Sorry I forgot to reply to this.

Bozsik and Charlton can add something off the ball but that isn't their focus as players and they wouldn't do much to stop Platini getting into the game - Puskas as well when he drops deep. That wouldn't really be Charlton's remit and you wouldn't want him focusing on that anyway when he's probably the best source of a goal.

I think Tardelli, Gattuso and Scirea would all offer more defensively in the midfield than anyone in Cutch's team, bar possibly Simeone. Cutch's team is great so it's hard to find a weak point, but IMO there isn't a real answer to Platini and Puskas - And they are the two best players on the pitch.

On the flipside NM has tried to give an answer to how he would stop Cutch's best player in Charlton. Whether you think it'll work or not, freeing up Scirea to keep an eye on Charlton is going to make things difficult. Scirea is the best defensive player on the pitch, he won't stop Charlton (sometimes he won't even be in his zone) but I think Platini and Puskas will get an easier ride here.
Fair enough. That is reasonable, I guess his midfield had the edge offensively whilst yours was stronger defensively. However, I do agree that Platini was better set up to shine than Charlton here.

crappycraperson

Scout
First up Sir Bobby steps up for @Cutch

Chilavert stands tall with his hands up in the middle of the goal..

Charlton slots it to his right while Chilavert stays rooted to the center with his stands still up..

Charlton Scores!

Cutch - O
NM -

crappycraperson

Scout
@NM sends in Puskas first.. who repeat Bobby's trick of going to the right... Van Der Sar slips before he can move and stays in the middle...

Cutch - O
NM
- O

crappycraperson

Scout
Next up Inter legend Zanetti... confident shot to his right... keepers goes to his left .. and Chilavert saves...

Zanetti is inconsolable...

Cutch - O X
NM
- O