Shola Shoretire image 47

Shola Shoretire England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

BristolMick

Unable to post media.
Unreal goal. First time I've seen that.

Could shoretire not still potentially be an option next year? Hitting decent numbers in the reserves and I swear when he first broke through he had broken all sorts of goal scoring records in the youth teams.

Reading some of the comments I think people are writing him off far too soon. He's only just turned 20 and still relatively young for a striker. Kane wasn't setting the world alight at this age.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unreal goal. First time I've seen that.

Could shoretire not still potentially be an option next year? Hitting decent numbers in the reserves and I swear when he first broke through he had broken all sorts of goal scoring records in the youth teams.

Reading some of the comments I think people are writing him off far too soon. He's only just turned 20 and still relatively young for a striker. Kane wasn't setting the world alight at this age.
Probably needs a good loan spell before first team consideration, he's had less than 1000 minutes of exposure to first team football at any level so far. I think our handling of him has been a bit odd, this is his fourth season of U21/U23 football, barring one spell at Bolton. Should've loaned him in summer for the full season, to not even loan him in January is strange.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Probably needs a good loan spell before first team consideration, he's had less than 1000 minutes of exposure to first team football at any level so far. I think our handling of him has been a bit odd, this is his fourth season of U21/U23 football, barring one spell at Bolton. Should've loaned him in summer for the full season, to not even loan him in January is strange.
Do you think he's potentially a victim of playing up age groups, so we think he should be further on than he is? I'm surprised no one wanted him on loan, I thought the Bolton loan went ok, but it's worrying no one was even linked.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do you think he's potentially a victim of playing up age groups, so we think he should be further on than he is? I'm surprised no one wanted him on loan, I thought the Bolton loan went ok, but it's worrying no one was even linked.
Possibly, we moved him up before he'd even begun excelling at U18 level, we did the same with Hannibal who did find his stride in the U23s, like Shoretire, but then we did actually loan Hannibal out for a full season to Birmingham where he got 40 appearances under his belt, then tried to integrate him into the first team and then eventually loaned him again. Shoretire just seems to be stuck in limbo at the minute, don't know if there's some behind the scenes reason we're not privy to but we definitely need to decide what to do with him in summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Possibly, we moved him up before he'd even begun excelling at U18 level, we did the same with Hannibal who did find his stride in the U23s, like Shoretire, but then we did actually loan Hannibal out for a full season to Birmingham where he got 40 appearances under his belt, then tried to integrate him into the first team and then eventually loaned him again. Shoretire just seems to be stuck in limbo at the minute, don't know if there's some behind the scenes reason we're not privy to but we definitely need to decide what to do with him in summer.
I still don't really know where his best position is either, so maybe that's a factor. With Hannibal, he has the aggression that people can think he can play deeper and the skill to play higher and that gives him more options. Maybe people just can't see where he'd fit in their teams? Bit of a mystery.