g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Short-term LB signing?

Zoo

Who is the third option, Tierney?

Can the scouts not source one from outside of the PL?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Cucurella on loan would be pretty good actually.

I mean he's been beyond atrocious any time I've seen him play for Chelsea, but he was Brighton's POTY the season before that which earned him that £55m move.

Hope he discovers something like that previous form and if not, feck it. He's still an extra body to cover for a few months while players are injured and you haven't tied yourself to anyone permanently.

FromTheBench

I dont see why we dont play Fernandez there.

got experience last season too. Dalot can cover too and Martinez as well.

as a stop gap will be tough to find someone good now.

Rojofiam

Why is everyone crying about Cucurella and Reguilon? Both on here and Twitter.

Do people expect the club to sign Davies or Hernández? Or unearth the new Roberto Carlos because we need cover for a few months?

parmenio

Tierney is already gone
He isn’t. Would make sense on loan too as he’s decent and wouldn’t cost silly money. Though Dalot can play LB fine. Of the Loans we all laugh at the Chelsea player so surely he won’t be inflicted up on.

croadyman

Why is everyone crying about Cucurella and Reguilon? Both on here and Twitter.

Do people expect the club to sign Davies or Hernández? Or unearth the new Roberto Carlos because we need cover for a few months?
Yeah exactly, my concern is more that we look to be prioritising it over a midfielder or backup ST/CB which are much bigger issues

LInkash

As we need a CB too, why don't we just get that CB? It would kill to birds with one stone, shift Licha to LB or have the new CB play LB. Going overkill with the acronyms here!

In the new system, The LB inverts into midfield anyway so we don't need an out and out LB short-term replacement.

With Varane so injury prone, we really do need another CB as a priority.

Rojofiam

Yeah exactly, my concern is more that we look to be prioritising it over a midfielder or backup ST/CB which are much bigger issues
Selling Henderson will enable us to buy at least 1 more quality player. I think we'll go for Amrabat/other midfielder and loan a LB.

Idxomer

Do they have to be Spanish and played for a London-based club?

led_scholes

Both Cucurella and Reguilon seem sensible options. We can't go a buy a LB for 3 months.

Andersons Dietician

Dalot
Fernandez

if needs must Martinez can cover LB and if we find ourselves short on RB then Lindelof can cover.

Devil You Know

We shouldn't be targetting a LB imo.

Instead, we should be targetting a left-footed CB who can cover at LB until Shaw/Malacia are fit.

United are already lacking quality cover for Martinez. By buying a LCB, we could kill two birds with one stone and bring in a player who has a more long term future in the squad.

It's only going to be a few weeks he's needed at LB. If the new guy is uncomfortable there, he can simply drop into a back 3 whenever Dalot/AWB invert on the other side.

I've got no idea if Todibo is capable of that. But if he is, he should the number 1 priority way ahead of Reguilon or Cucurella.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I mean he's been beyond atrocious any time I've seen him play for Chelsea, but he was Brighton's POTY the season before that which earned him that £55m move.

Hope he discovers something like that previous form and if not, feck it. He's still an extra body to cover for a few months while players are injured and you haven't tied yourself to anyone permanently.
Agreed. If there’s anywhere someone can find form it’s here

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
[Irrelevant point] you’ve got to be joking? Would rather give Fred The Red a go than sign a drink driving murderer.

Thiagoal

I don’t see why Chelsea or Tottenham would want to sell their back up options! What if their first choices get injured? Dalot and Fernandez will be fine for the next few weeks- sign a bloody midfielder that is able to run and tackle people

glasgow 21

Why Martinez at LB.?

He will struggle with paced winger.
So you NO1, 2 left back are injured and you NO,2 right back fills in what is the point in any adult LB i.e like Fernandez being even at the club if now he doesn't get to cover. I feel the same about Pellistri hardly ever been given a chance. If they hang around on the chance, if they don't get what's the point.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dalot was vile on Sat, so getting a new LB in seems like one the best upgrades we could make to our XI whilst Shaw and Malacia are out.

It would also in theory allow Shaw to play LCB at times if that is what the manager fancied.

Would be another play massively wanted by Pep who ends up at United.

Also found this quite funny:

dinostar77

So our three loan options are (according to transfer tweets).

1. Cucurella
2. Marco Alonso
3. Regullion

Not sure which id want out of those, probably Alonso.

Yorke to Cole

We shouldn't be targetting a LB imo.

Instead, we should be targetting a left-footed CB who can cover at LB until Shaw/Malacia are fit.

United are already lacking quality cover for Martinez. By buying a LCB, we could kill two birds with one stone and bring in a player who has a more long term future in the squad.

It's only going to be a few weeks he's needed at LB. If the new guy is uncomfortable there, he can simply drop into a back 3 whenever Dalot/AWB invert on the other side.

I've got no idea if Todibo is capable of that. But if he is, he should the number 1 priority way ahead of Reguilon or Cucurella.
I think that a LB still potentially pushes Maguire down. For example, say Cucurrela comes in and does relatively well, then Shaw could become a centre back option depending on a) Varane and Martinez fitness, b) general rotation options, c) who the opposition are, I,e Man City at home last season.

King Eric 7

So our three loan options are (according to transfer tweets).

1. Cucurella
2. Marco Alonso
3. Regullion

Not sure which id want out of those, probably Alonso.
That's the most underwhelming shortlist of targets I've ever seen. Alonso is probably the best of a bad bunch although I wouldn't want him at the club.