Short-term LB signing?

AndySmith1990

No point in bringing in some crap player on the cheap just to cover for a month or two. Fernandez can do the job

croadyman

Not ideal but I'd rather we bought in another CM and attacker, otherwise we'll have 3 LBs when they're all fit.
Would rather two midfielders than backup LB,maybe it's just me but feels like Utd priorities are all wrong at the moment

crossy1686

career ending
Dalot is cover for LB, but we've got that Fernandez lad who looks like he might be heading back to Spain this window.

Can't see there being anyone in the market who's worth us spending money on just to play 3rd backup fullback. Surely what we have in the reserves will cover for a few weeks.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sign a right back and let Dalot play LB. That highly rated Fresneda is close to joining sporting for less than 15m. Either something like this or don’t bother wasting money on any left back dud

PSV

If van Gaal can pick one academy defender after another and make them work and ten Hag can't that's highly concerning.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If van Gaal can pick one academy defender after another and make them work and ten Hag can't that's highly concerning.
I suspect the dilemma is Shaw/Malacia are going to return in 4 to 6 weeks - do you allow Fernandez a loan now where he will play every week for the season or keep him to cover the next month when after that he’s 3rd/4th choice LB until Jan. I’d keep him and think he can displace Malacia but the kid needs games.

PSV

I suspect the dilemma is Shaw/Malacia are going to return in 4 to 6 weeks - do you allow Fernandez a loan now where he will play every week for the season or keep him to cover the next month when after that he’s 3rd/4th choice LB until Jan. I’d keep him and think he can displace Malacia but the kid needs games.
We could keep him for the necessary period then loan him to a National League club until Jan 1. It may not be optimal, but at least he'll start and it's just a few months.

Or we could send him on loan and play that Pye guy, who I admit I know nothing of, but apparently he's a LB and he is a year older than CBJ was.

Levi1

This is hilarious. We used to have 4 left backs!

How about a loan move for WoutWeghorst? Hear me out: playing him at 10, would free up Bruno to play at left back. Whaddyathink?

Born2Lose

I hope this is just some trash journo putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with clickbait.

If the club is this reactionary and badly run then we may as well give up hope of ever winning the PL again.

Levi1

I'd be happier losing because we play a young left back (Fernandez) who let a couple of chances through, than losing because we play a bunch of fat cats who couldn't be bothered to track back, or who started slowly, or who got tired in the second half, or who haven't practiced shooting under the bar (or under row z).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Umm just in his previous press conference he said that the squad is complete since we have 2 players for every position. And that while we will strike in the market if there is an opportunity but he was happy with the squad strength.
Ok missed that. He’s changed his tune from last summer

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I hope this is just some trash journo putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with clickbait.

If the club is this reactionary and badly run then we may as well give up hope of ever winning the PL again.
We aren’t winning it this season anyway

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just ride it out with Dalot until Malacia is back. Fernandez as his backup. It's not a huge deal. Dalot is fine to invert.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think ETH will play Dalot and move Antony to left so that we have the width.

Gandalf

Ok none of this makes sense. I think Luckhurst is talking out of his ass as usual and there is no chance of a short term signing. We have plenty of cover in the squad and I refuse to believe the possibility of Shaw being injured has not been considered by the Manager when building his team. It will likely be Dalot and we may delay the departure of Fernandez on loan until the January window but that would be more than enough.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Jonny Evans played left back when Northern Ireland beat Spain in 2006
To put into perspective how long ago that was, Danny Welbeck would not make his debut for us for another two years and Arctic Monkeys debut album had just came out January of that year. I'd be surprised if Evans still fancies playing left back at his age.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

"It can be (that United sign a left-back). I think we always have to anticipate on situations. If there are opportunities then yes, but it has to be the right player otherwise we have to deal with the current squad.

"We went through the scenarios before the season and if it happened, we have the solution."