Should pitches have circular corners to prevent time wasting?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
At the end of matches, often a team will get the ball and shield it in the corner. I think we can all agree this is terrible football. To prevent this on a much ignored part of the pitch, there could be a curved corner like in ice hockey to prevent the player from doing this. It can also have form part of the new corner circle to take corners from.

Skills

Snitch
How does that help? Surely it just makes the pitch a bit smaller and easier for the guy shielding the ball?

SuperiorXI

We could have trapdoors that randomly open/close in the corners into something like a snake pit, that would surely stop time wasting

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

As you can see, corner number 2 has a lot more room either side of the player for a tackle
Why is the ball in the right image larger? Are you also suggesting we need bigger balls?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
We could have trapdoors that randomly open/close in the corners into something like a snake pit, that would surely stop time wasting
That would be really silly tbh, where will the snakes come from?
Why is the ball in the right image larger? Are you also suggesting we need bigger balls?
I am not, I actually was thinking that bigger balls could be implemented since the growth of humans in the last 100 years. But I think this is a more important thing to talk about, I absolutely hate it at the end of games especially in lower leagues.

Skills

Snitch

As you can see, corner number 2 has a lot more room either side of the player for a tackle
The intent is noble but the execution is not quite there. The way to do it would be like this :

Now imagine someone trying to shield the ball with that massive old trafford slope? We'd have an instant advantage in Fergie time.

FreddieTheReddie

I suggest a sarlacc pit or maybe rancor cave. Better idea. If someone including the ball doesn’t move for 5 seconds, a trapdoor will open. Would prevent time wasting and injuries as well.

SuperiorXI

I suggest a sarlacc pit or maybe rancor cave. Better idea. If someone including the ball doesn’t move for 5 seconds, a trapdoor will open. Would prevent time wasting and injuries as well.
Great idea. Another one... Have you seen Gladiator? The part where the lion comes out of the floor made the fight intense, this could be introduced to football and should be easy to implement.

Amarsdd

In addition, we should make the pitch a circle as well. Removes all corners in one go. The ball is a circle (well sphere) and pitch, where its played probably, should also be a circle. It all makes sense if you don't think about it.

el3mel

In addition, we should make the pitch a circle as well. Removes all corners in one go. The ball is a circle (well sphere) and pitch, where its played probably, should also be a circle. It all makes sense if you don't think about it.
The goal should also be a circle. Might help De Gea save pens by have smaller corners I guess ?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why not place a seat just in front of the corner flag and fill it with a sailor or a roofer. Players are far less likely to time waste in the corner if they've got to navigate around rif raf.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t care/quite like the whole running the clock down thing. It’s frustrating as feck if you’re the one trying to equalise, especially when it’s usually combined with soft as shite fouls, but the onus is on the other team to get the ball back. You can do what you like with it if you don’t need a goal.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Diving for penalties is a bigger problem to be honest, I think each box should be littered with shards of broken glass to ensure players only go down if there's absolutely no other option.

Matriac

Football should be about the journey, not the end. What if instead of the team that scores the most goals win, we celebrate the team that had the most fun?

Oranges038

Play in a cage with angled corners.

Never have to see a foul throw again.
No more terribly hit corners
No more goal kicks passed inside the box
Players can't hold the ball in the corner to waste time
Ball never goes out of play so you get 90 mins of action
No more time wasting trotting for corners or throw ins.
Subs can come on and off throw a sliding panel.

Brophs

The One and Only
Much easier to install Ben Hur-esque rotating spikes in the corner flag.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Football should be about the journey, not the end. What if instead of the team that scores the most goals win, we celebrate the team that had the most fun?
Perhaps the real victory was the friends we made along the way.

Matriac

Perhaps the real victory was the friends we made along the way.
And this year we made the most friends since we got to play in both the Champions League and Europa League, then we went all the way to the final and met so many teams on the way, and then even let Villarreal get their first ever European trophy to be nice.
We won SO hard.