Ivory shirt
Grey tie - Windsor knot
Cream chinos
Brown shoes
White socks

It disgusts me that so many men don't know how to dress these days

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
People don't even wear suits to weddings and business meetings or interviews. Everything is casual dress now.
Well you do have redneck weddings in camowear, but I have not in my life ever been to a wedding where everyone werent wearing suits. People, and groups of people are all different. You will find people that show up for a interview in a nice pants and whatever, and you have people that wouldnt be caught dead without a double windsor and a sharp suit for their business meeting.

I get the idea that clothing doesnt maketh man, but man sure as shit look nicer in a suit.

A suit just makes the occasion feel more formal and "special", so im all for dressing up.

JB7

Of course the managers should wear suits for cup finals, it's poor form really and I'd be disappointed if we had a manager not in formal attire at Wembley.

I never understood why Ole dropped the suits for away trips frankly, I always liked United turning up to all of our away games in suits and was pleased when he re-introduced it. Then it just stopped.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Of course the managers should wear suits for cup finals, it's poor form really and I'd be disappointed if we had a manager not in formal attire at Wembley.

I never understood why Ole dropped the suits for away trips frankly, I always liked United turning up to all of our away games in suits and was pleased when he re-introduced it. Then it just stopped.
Good point, does anyone know when it stopped? I really liked the reintroduction of it as well. The players looked sharp when they arrived at the stadium.

Perhaps there was (a lot) of negative internal feedback? I could "get" the point about it being a bit of a hassle in the morning and more uncomfortable to relax in before a game, but thats so miniscule.

reddevilz007

Its a sporting profession, not an office job.
I dont see any inconvenient.

It’s like asking your personal trainer to wear a suit to train you.
Do Anthony Joshua’s and Tyson Fury’s coach show up at the event in a suit?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Well you do have redneck weddings in camowear, but I have not in my life ever been to a wedding where everyone werent wearing suits. People, and groups of people are all different. You will find people that show up for a interview in a nice pants and whatever, and you have people that wouldnt be caught dead without a double windsor and a sharp suit for their business meeting.

I get the idea that clothing doesnt maketh man, but man sure as shit look nicer in a suit.

A suit just makes the occasion feel more formal and "special", so im all for dressing up.
I tend to agree, I still remember going to a programmer job interview in pretty formal clothes and the 3 dudes interviewing me were all in shorts and random band t-shirts. One of the rare occasions I felt like the best dressed person in the room. I think it adds a touch of class but is dying out.

Withnail

I tend to agree, I still remember going to a programmer job interview in pretty formal clothes and the 3 dudes interviewing me were all in shorts and random band t-shirts. One of the rare occasions I felt like the best dressed person in the room. I think it adds a touch of class but is dying out.
I couldn't possibly attend an interview in casual clothes. It used to be if you weren't at least wearing slacks, shoes and a shirt you failed the interview right off the bat. My Da raised me to wear a suit for Weddings/Funerals/interviews etc so it's ingrained into me.

I do enjoy wearing a suit though and sadly there are even less opportunities for black tie wear.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Suits should never be worn. Don't dress as people want you to dress, dress as makes sense to you. (OK, and isn't too indecent, I guess.)

Dress codes - urgh.
Zero drip

padr81

Supports
Man City
I couldn't possibly attend an interview in casual clothes. It used to be if you weren't at least wearing slacks, shoes and a shirt you failed the interview right off the bat. My Da raised me to wear a suit for Weddings/Funerals/interviews etc so it's ingrained into me.

I do enjoy wearing a suit though and sadly there are even less opportunities for black tie wear.
Yeah me too, I was kinda taken aback like "This is not how you sell a company". That said they're all probably wealthier than me so... even if it wasn't a full suit as you said slack, shoes, shirt and tie would be nice but like shorts and punk band t-shirts, wasn't even a hot day.
In football terms I see Pep in that awful madchester stuff even outside the finals and I'm like wtf... I know its sponsored or some shit but c'mon. Wearing a top with a melted club crest symbolizing acid is not the pro-look.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Seeing Klopp and Tuchel look like a pair of tramps made me wonder what happened to everyone scrubbing up for a cup final and making the effort for the occasion?

Just watching the League One play off final and it’s a similar story. Gareth Ainsworth hasn’t even bothered washing his hair and looks a right greasy character. It’s a fecking disgrace really.
The whole FA cup final has lost a bit of glamour from what it used to be, on TV all day from 9am, each side recording a cup final song etc

So I am not surprised to see the lack of suits

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I have to admit that I'm personally happy that wearing a tie is basically dying out, but I do like to wear a suit jacket and trousers, a shirt with no tie and the top button undone, and smarter shoes.

My company has a more casual dress code in which polo shirts and jeans are allowed in the office, which some very senior people take advantage of. But when I go in during his hybrid-working age, and when it's not dress down Friday, I always wear a standard shirt and more formal trousers, both because I think it looks more professional, and also because I paid for that clothing so I might as well make use of it.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Why moan about tradition when they can’t even ko at the right time anymore? Should be 3pm ko.

Mainoldo

I really want to know what Nanglesmann would wear in a final.

Also no to suits. Outdated.. Next we’ll be bringing back limos