Should UEFA introduce a salary cap?

Inter Yer Nan

100% yes, but 0% likely, unfortunately. I think a lot of European football is catered to fans from outside of Europe and for that reason the European organizers need the same clubs to keep doing well. Unfortunately it opens it up for clubs like City and PSG which are killing the true spirit of the sport.

Ace Krampus

1 But you have to convince enough clubs to decide that it is a good idea for it to ever happen and I think if domestic leagues introduced a salary cap the big teams would just leave for a european super league and that would just make the situation even worse.

2 Super teams still exist in the NBA despite that, and also this relies on a team like Getafe having enough money. Especially in currently uneven leagues enough teams will not have enough money to compete as their is no way a salary cap happens that requires teams to sell players and so it could be that big teams can pay up to the cap and smaller teams are still in the same boat trying to compete and paying no where near as much as the big teams and losing there better players to them.

3 Exactly and big teams tend to be in destination cities which makes them more likely to stay big no matter what.

Also and this is a big one I'd be 99% sure that a salary cap would be illegal under EU law
You'd ultimately have to demonstrate to the big clubs that the revenue would increase due to increased interest in the league/some revenue sharing scheme.

The NBA super teams are the result of ownership and front office staff basically turning control over the to the players. I would argue the NBA has never been more unwatchable than it was the last 5 or 6 years.

Spain, obviously there's no chance I would imagine since those fans seem to have universally agreed to never win La Liga, they'll support their actual club and then half support one or the other of the big two and call it a day. The NBA was headed in that direction before Lebron went to LA. It was Warriors/Cavs exclusively and boring as all hell for 4 years in a row. I can't imagine NBA fans sticking around if that were the case for decades at a time, but inertia is a powerful force, I guess.

Gasolin

You'd ultimately have to demonstrate to the big clubs that the revenue would increase due to increased interest in the league/some revenue sharing scheme.

The NBA super teams are the result of ownership and front office staff basically turning control over the to the players. I would argue the NBA has never been more unwatchable than it was the last 5 or 6 years.

Spain, obviously there's no chance I would imagine since those fans seem to have universally agreed to never win La Liga, they'll support their actual club and then half support one or the other of the big two and call it a day. The NBA was headed in that direction before Lebron went to LA. It was Warriors/Cavs exclusively and boring as all hell for 4 years in a row. I can't imagine NBA fans sticking around if that were the case for decades at a time, but inertia is a powerful force, I guess.
The NBA sucks because there is no relegation / promotion. The top fight is a bit different. And play offs are a different beast. The current format of football in Europe is one of the best for me, and it forces teams to try their best, so no complaint. If there is one complaint, it is that because revenue sources were less controlled, some teams just pumped a lot of cash in to get it done and have distorted the market, but United should compete against those no matter what. It is our fault if we are currently going down, and it will be our merit if we can make it back to the top.

Gasolin

:lol: try again. They realise the best way to put as much money as possible into their own pockets is to cap the amount their employees earn.
This, and that is not one of my concerns. In Europe, no salary cap should be enforced. Football functions differently and requires continuous investment, that's something all owners should understand and agree on.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Why would anyone want a situation where the owners get the money rather than the players,