Should we go for Kalvin Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyared

Can’t really call him a city player so don’t see it as controversial if we signed him.

Considering the state of our recruitments so far we really cannot afford to get it wrong, yet we need to invest further.

Tbf feels like a risk whoever we bring in.

I’m undecided?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
looks like beggars can be choosers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a lazy prick. We obviously need more of them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Don't think some in the fan base would take kindly to him being a Leeds player

He'd do a better job in midfield than any of our midfielders bar Casemiro. But his baggage of being an ex City, ex Leeds player, sitting on the bench for 18 months doing nothing, rumors of him being lazy... No go

simplyared

Obviously his almost complete lack of game time is a problem. That said he's competng with Rodri for his place. Crazy even so having him on the bench for so long. Must have got on the wrong side of Pep. Same thing happened with Zlatan at Bacelona who then went on to AC Milan and PSG. Spent 4 seasons at the latter scoring a total of 154 goals.

simplyared

Don't think some in the fan base would take kindly to him being a Leeds player

He'd do a better job in midfield than any of our midfielders bar Casemiro. But his baggage of being an ex City, ex Leeds player, sitting on the bench for 18 months doing nothing, rumors of him being lazy... No go
Couldn't see anybody moaning when we got Cantona from Leeds.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Our fans all complain about lazy overpaid players who have no desire or application … your solution is to sign Kalvin Phillips?

tob

Based on his performance at Leeds, I'd take him. Whenever I saw him playing for Leeds, he was running up and down the pitch, almost like a man possessed. That was under the Bielsa-era as well, and that man has some high criteria.

Bit surprised that it hasn't worked out for Phillips at City. Thought he would develop into a complete midfielder under Pep, but for some reason he hasn't. He doesn't strike me as a lazy person, but I don't know. Even Stones plays more in midfield than him, so maybe that says something.

Couldn't see anybody moaning when we got Cantona from Leeds.
Alan Smith as well.
Can't remember if any United fans were moaning about him, but I don't think so.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
As if this is even a conversation. He’s rubbish.

didz

The diehard Leeds fan who has publicly said that there was no chance of him playing for us due to club loyalties? No, I don't think we should waste our time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Obviously his almost complete lack of game time is a problem. That said he's competng with Rodri for his place. Crazy even so having him on the bench for so long. Must have got on the wrong side of Pep. Same thing happened with Zlatan at Bacelona who then went on to AC Milan and PSG. Spent 4 seasons at the latter scoring a total of 154 goals.
The talent and character of Zlatan Vs that of Kalvin Phillips...hard to say what difference there might be.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
United signing the best player of any club shouldn't be a problem. Signing squad players from the likes of Man City and the scousers to go into our first team is a total no-no though. It's bad enough picking up Chelsea bench warmers.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's shit, it was obvious this would happen at City. He was woeful in one game in particular that I remember against us for Leeds and he got benched the next time we played them. He was just all over the place but in the bad type of way. Positionally awful for the type of role he wants to play.

didz

He's shit, it was obvious this would happen at City. He was woeful in one game in particular that I remember against us for Leeds and he got benched the next time we played them. He was just all over the place but in the bad type of way. Positionally awful for the type of role he wants to play.
That wasn't a fair reflection of his ability. He just hates us so much that his teammates at Leeds had to calm him down when they faced us. Also, he's not that good. And he plays for City.

hobbers

Diehard Leeds fan, ex City, below-mediocre English plod of a midfielder with no standout traits... a poundland Scott Parker.

Yeah sounds great.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Didn't he publicly say he'd never join us as he and his family are die hard Leeds supporters?

Feck him, let him rot in the corrupt part of Manchester.

cj_sparky

I'd rather take Kevin Phillips, I'm sure he could still bang in a few goals at 50.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The diehard Leeds fan who has publicly said that there was no chance of him playing for us due to club loyalties? No, I don't think we should waste our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.