Should we go for Kalvin Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to the media, Casemiro is set to leave. Considering our FFP restrictions then I can see us go for someone cheap or on loan.

JG3001

Why not? Overweight, lacking game time, injury prone, cast off from a much better team. Fits our profile perfectly. Get him on 250k a week and jobs a good’un

DavelinaJolie

Short-termism is part of the problem, bringing in players to fill a gap even if they may not be up to it, this seems like it would be another case of that.

Moriarty

Don't think some in the fan base would take kindly to him being a Leeds player

He'd do a better job in midfield than any of our midfielders bar Casemiro. But his baggage of being an ex City, ex Leeds player, sitting on the bench for 18 months doing nothing, rumors of him being lazy... No go
We bought McQueen, Jordan, and Cantona from Leeds. I don't remember them catching abuse for being former Leeds players. It was a long time ago and maybe things have changed.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We bought McQueen, Jordan, and Cantona from Leeds. I don't remember them catching abuse for being former Leeds players. It was a long time ago and maybe things have changed.
Don't forget Rio

JediSith

Can’t really call him a city player so don’t see it as controversial if we signed him.

Considering the state of our recruitments so far we really cannot afford to get it wrong, yet we need to invest further.

Tbf feels like a risk whoever we bring in.

I’m undecided?
Can see “he’s a shrewd signing” becoming a common theme if Ratcliffe decides to sign him. But no, we shouldn’t sign him now and I’d criticise whatever ownership or minority ownership decided to sign him in the future.

Abraxas

Always looks like the odd man out for England. Not at the level.

Certainly the odd man out at City. Pep makes all these heartfelt excuses but the reality is he doesn't view him as capable of making an impact upon that squad. They're a lot better than us of course so that doesn't automatically mean a player can't improve us, but no, he's not good enough to do so and we should avoid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I assumed this was a thread someone had randomly bumped from years ago, when it still would have been a bad idea tbf, but wow.

MonkeysMagic

It's precisely where we have been going wrong...buying cast offs from other clubs at ridiculous fees that then stink the place out! Absolutely no fecking way.

Status
Not open for further replies.