Should we start booing to show our discontent?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We have nothing to lose, years and years of being the "support the team at all cost" seems to resulted in primadonnas, players like Maguire/Rashford/Shaw/Lingard and many others who simply doesn't understand what it meant to be a United player. I know some old timers would say that's not the united way, and it only depress them more, and how they need encouragement more than ever. I'd say they're a valid reason in "normal" times, and if this is SAF squad under no way we should take over that job from SAF, telling them to wisen up that is.

At this rate, this primadonnas have costed several casualties manager wise, and Ralf doesn't seems to be getting the respect he deservers, not as a great manager, but to the very least as a manager of Manchester United who's employed to save our (and their) season, salvaging whatever left of our season.

IMHO we should get off our pedestal, and give them boys some showing that they're not above United, and if they don't like it they can feck off. Let them know that we're behind the manager (whether we really are or not that's another issue). It works with Madrid, and many other great teams, they kept their standards up, and in no way does players mocking the club as frequent as they did United post Fergie.

No last minute clapping etc. Boo from the start, let them know we're not happy, and I've read a lot of people saying they'd be happy to gut the squad, clear sale etc. Well maybe this will help the board settles it, I shudder to think that if their sabotage project works and Rangnick got the boot or moved up the cycle of 2-3 years "give them a new leaf" under the new regime will continue.

On the very least, we tried everything, might as well... I'm a proponent of appreciation should be earnt for it to be a strong motivator. Putting up the suit and playing abysmal should not be the bar minimum for the fans admiration.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That and it would be more effective if people start canceling MUTV subs and stop attending games. When the revenue of the club plunge by 10-20% they will start asking why without even the fans shouting it. Commercial club and all that.

croadyman

Hardcore fans don't ever believe in doing it because we hold ourselves up as a fanbase of doing things different, horseshit

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
That and it would be more effective if people start canceling MUTV subs and stop attending games. When the revenue of the club plunge by 10-20% they will start asking why without even the fans shouting it. Commercial club and all that.
We have been crying for this since the green and gold days... to no avail

I think the 1st minute boo will send a real shock therapy.

Might even help the club bargaining power when negotiating contract. The next time Rashyboy thinks he's made it and the agent made a 300k/week demand, tell them to feck off.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
No, because it’s not a pantomime and we arent 5 year olds trying to tell Pogba where his career is…

it’s behind you!

Tyrion

Hardcore fans don't ever believe in doing it because we hold ourselves up as a fanbase of doing things different, horseshit
I know. It's idiotic. Some believe SAF was great because he got so much backing as opposed to him getting so much backing because he was so great.

No, because it’s not a pantomime and we arent 5 year olds trying to tell Pogba where his career is…

it’s behind you!
Sometimes fans boo. It's not neccessarily childish.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
For what it's worth, I don't think it's petulance, or entitlement.

We have been supporting the club when they're 7th under Moyes, 5th under LVG etc. This is not about result, but about attitude, commitment, and being United players. I've had enough seeing them not giving effort. I can stomach bad form, bad patches, bad days at the office, but when they stopped caring the safety nets are off. Let alone those "leaks" lately.

Let them know that whoever leaked the laundry, it's not welcomed.

Running your guts and come short : applaud
Not running your bollocks off : boo
Giving attitude on the field : Like cupping your ears while playing badly, throwing away the armband, mouthing off a substitution

I'd take a painful 1-2 years until we can set our standard back, and then we can clap like we used to. At his rate all we foster is not support, but complacency

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think it's part of your club culture to do it, but if you do, who will you direct the whistles to? To the owners? to the coach? to the whole team as a collective?, to both? to a certain player? but why are you going to boo him? for being very bad or because you think he is good but he is performing below his possibilities?.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't think it's part of your club culture to do it, but if you do, who will you direct the whistles to? To the owners? to the coach? to the whole team as a collective?, to both? to a certain player? but why are you going to boo him? for being very bad or because you think he is good but he is performing below his possibilities?.
Collective. Non of them are worthy of praise either way. And it's a team game.

One or two players that performs will know its not on them but will keep their toes up.

And to be fair all of them deserves a boot in the arse

MattJ166

I mean what's the worst that can come out of it? The players feelings get hurt and they down tools? It's essentially what's happened anyway any time a player is asked to do something that might be considered additional work so feck em'

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Boo these players when they come out to the pitch at the start of the game. fecking cnuts keep spoiling our weekends while fans continue to cheer them. It's time they got what they deserve.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This won’t ever happen… we’ve got the best support in the world and we always support the boys even when we was down by 5 against Liverpool halve the stadium was still supporting. Even though they don’t deserve our support they’ll always get it. I think it would be better if certain players were booed though every time they touched a ball… Maguire, rashford etc.

NewYorkRed

While I understand the sentiment, I just don’t see what positive outcome that would achieve. Would just make the place more toxic than it already is.

They need to get the next appointment right and let football people make the decisions. The minute the owners start putting trophies above commercial success, we’ll start to win again.

FoxRed

Maybe we should just stop buying tshirts. Then they will see that we are not happy at all how things are going at our club.

hobbers

If I'd paid to watch that derby played out at OT and the team down toolsed like that I'd boo them, sure. They deserve nothing less.

If the highest paid starting eleven in the league cant be bothered to chase a ball down after 60 minutes, and you dont want to boo them, then there's something wrong with you. Either apathy or delusion.

Gatecrasher27

The problem hasn't been lack of investment over the last few years but who that money was invested in. Poor acquisitions - Fred, AWB, Maguire, Dalot, Telles, VDB, Ronaldo, Pogba - I'll add Pellestri and Amad as I bet top dollar neither of them reach 50 apps for this club. Add that to the huge salaries given to serial underachievers like Rashford, Martial and Lingard and players made of glass like Bailly and Caviani. Booing won't undo any of the above sadly. A clean sweep of this boys club attitude at the club - see Liverpools decline during them going through the entire boot room post Paisley and Shanklin - to know it doesn't work.

The walk out V Liverpool didn't work, the players litterally could not care less, play awesome pick up your 100k plus, play crap pick up your 100k plus. Fire sale is needed, even if it means sacrificing next season already. Better to cut out the cancer and get well again than keep leaving bits of it in the affect anything new

It’s difficult as the Glazers don’t attend games so we can’t boo them directly and they are the ones who should be booed.

U.N.C.L.E

This is not a football club any longer.

It’s a merchandising organisation with a sporting team attached to it.

And like all merchandise companies the ONLY time they hurt is when the revenue is down.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I definitely think you should boo and a good place to start would be with Maguire etc. I‘ve never understood why you hold off on it and now that your players are such tossers it seems to me you should get on it.

AndySmith1990

Booing is a passive way of showing dissatisfaction. It's absolutely okay to boo the bunch of overpaid and underperforming tossers that make up our squad.

Monkey bus

Not entirely sure what booing at every opportunity would achieve? I’d feel bit of a knob doing it in the ground too. Can’t really see me and my mates all stood around cupping our hands to our mouths leaning forwards and booing the players. It’s all a bit pantomime for me.

Can the OP point to any examples of when doing this has worked in terms of collectively motivating a team on to better things?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not sure it will help much. My next door neighbours will wonder but they won't even know what it's about.

wolvored

This is not a football club any longer.

It’s a merchandising organisation with a sporting team attached to it.

And like all merchandise companies the ONLY time they hurt is when the revenue is down.
Hitting them on social media disliking everything they post. Giving one star reviews to their sponsors hating the strip online etc. Petty maybe, but this would hurt them more than booing ever will.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Exactly. Wont be surprised to see some top reds on here downplaying this thread.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not entirely sure what booing at every opportunity would achieve? I’d feel bit of a knob doing it in the ground too. Can’t really see me and my mates all stood around cupping our hands to our mouths leaning forwards and booing the players. It’s all a bit pantomime for me.

Can the OP point to any examples of when doing this has worked in terms of collectively motivating a team on to better things?
Maybe put some reality check back on them that they don't have the fans on their side, and the board will know that these players aren't "made men" and such can be got rid without causing a fuzz.

Madrid has been booing their player, look at their standard, even at their worst I don't think they ever reach our level of not giving a feck.

I would never, ever boo a missed penalty, or a fault that leads to goal, or a missed sitter, that's just part and parcel of football. But I'd boo happily for attitude, and our players attitude stunk, and has been for a while. I'd not even boo Cantona for his kick, begrudgingly proud he kicked that clown, and would take the collective punishment as a club, but I do not condone leaking dressroom info, turning on the manager publicly, and all these shenagigans... it's personal, and as such it's time for us to get personal

If I'd paid to watch that derby played out at OT and the team down toolsed like that I'd boo them, sure. They deserve nothing less.

If the highest paid starting eleven in the league cant be bothered to chase a ball down after 60 minutes, and you dont want to boo them, then there's something wrong with you. Either apathy or delusion.
It happened literally 5 months ago at OT. The crowd didn’t boo.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Cheering on this garbage you see every week will only strenghten the notion some of them still deserve to wear the shirt and in the end, some of squad passengers will not be moved this summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's part of Madrid's culture to boo and you win everything, maybe it's time we changed our culture.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
We have nothing to lose, years and years of being the "support the team at all cost" seems to resulted in primadonnas, players like Maguire/Rashford/Shaw/Lingard and many others who simply doesn't understand what it meant to be a United player. I know some old timers would say that's not the united way, and it only depress them more, and how they need encouragement more than ever. I'd say they're a valid reason in "normal" times, and if this is SAF squad under no way we should take over that job from SAF, telling them to wisen up that is.

At this rate, this primadonnas have costed several casualties manager wise, and Ralf doesn't seems to be getting the respect he deservers, not as a great manager, but to the very least as a manager of Manchester United who's employed to save our (and their) season, salvaging whatever left of our season.

IMHO we should get off our pedestal, and give them boys some showing that they're not above United, and if they don't like it they can feck off. Let them know that we're behind the manager (whether we really are or not that's another issue). It works with Madrid, and many other great teams, they kept their standards up, and in no way does players mocking the club as frequent as they did United post Fergie.

No last minute clapping etc. Boo from the start, let them know we're not happy, and I've read a lot of people saying they'd be happy to gut the squad, clear sale etc. Well maybe this will help the board settles it, I shudder to think that if their sabotage project works and Rangnick got the boot or moved up the cycle of 2-3 years "give them a new leaf" under the new regime will continue.

On the very least, we tried everything, might as well... I'm a proponent of appreciation should be earnt for it to be a strong motivator. Putting up the suit and playing abysmal should not be the bar minimum for the fans admiration.
I think a complete walk out with a mantra of if you can't play for us why should we support you would be better than booing. Support the Club but not these rejects who cba giving any effort and done so through this shit season.

SATA

We need to bring out the white handkerchiefs, wave it at the players and chant the manager’s name at the same time. It’s time to stop giving the players a free pass and blame it everything on the manager

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How about those of us who go to OT crack on with supporting the club as we have done for 100+ years and roll with the punches in times where we are (in very much relative terms) a bit shit.

Poor us - Atletico at home in the last 16 next week, those lads in League two don't know how hard we have it!