Should we stop all our transfer activity until Winter?

11reds

We are a mess. Ralf Ragnick was right we need to know what we want first in terms of style of play and player profile etc. No money was spent in January gone as we were meant to do the above for this summer of open heart surgery. We have a miss match of players from different managers. What type of a player is going to join us now after the poor start to the season.

bleedred

I genuinely have no trust in anyone associated with this club to get any decisions right at this point. I agree with the sentiment of the OP, that we desperately need a better DOF than new players now.

But knowing the club, we will panic buy 2-3 players before the window and bench them and keep playing the same dross. It will eventually get Ten hag sacked before next season and then murtough will ask the new manager to give the players a fresh start.

MyBloodIsRed

We can’t even get more than 2 deals over the line before a season starts. Shambles. (Eriksen was on free so I don’t count)

what it it about our club that we can’t identify, agree a deal with club and player in May and have the new players train all summer???

it seems every other big club can get all of their people in early except us. That it will take half a year or more for anybody new to settle in when we panic the last few weeks and buy people we shouldn’t.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We're literally going nowhere with incomings or outgoings anyway, Pretending we intended to put things on pause wouldn't pass a red face test.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Unless we get the players ETH wants then in my opinion we should do just that. What's the point of splashing cash on panic buys just for the sake of it?

RedOrange

Unless we get the players ETH wants then in my opinion we should do just that. What's the point of splashing cash on panic buys just for the sake of it?
Because McFred is a relegation-tier midfield? Last season the managers had Matic and Pogba to put on the field for half the games. This season Ten Hag has attacking midfielders and teenagers.

Great plan though, bring in a new manager to implement a possession style of play, refuse to buy him proper midfielders then tell him to do his best impression of Big Sam because the execs can't be bothered to do their jobs.

The net spend is £60 million on 3 players after losing 4 players with significant playing time the season before when everyone agreed that at least 5 or 6 new players were needed. The squad depth is razor thin in 6 on field positions, 7 if you include goalkeeper.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Because McFred is a relegation-tier midfield? Last season the managers had Matic and Pogba to put on the field for half the games. This season Ten Hag has attacking midfielders and teenagers.

Great plan though, bring in a new manager to implement a possession style of play, refuse to buy him proper midfielders then tell him to do his best impression of Big Sam because the execs can't be bothered to do their jobs.

The net spend is £60 million on 3 players after losing 4 players with significant playing time the season before when everyone agreed that at least 5 or 6 new players were needed. The squad depth is razor thin in 6 on field positions, 7 if you include goalkeeper.
Oh I hear you but what's the point adding more tripe to the mix just for the sake of it? That means more deadwood to get rid in the future

We should give ETH a free pass for this season and add a DOF who actually knows what he is doing instead. Then we can start our rebuild

Last edited: