Show me goals I haven't seen/forgot about

• Thread starter Deleted member 101472
  • Start date

Deleted member 101472

Watching some Ronaldinho clips earlier and came across this video. The goal happens about 18 seconds in. That's dunga he nutmegs and then the one two is just gorgeous. Had never seen that goal until today.

Please post some lesser known worldies in this thread for my own/others viewing pleasure.

djdhrubs

What a coincidence. I was a bit bored and was watching some youtube clips of strikers of about 20+ years ago. I was just remembering Marcelo Salas and Jean Pierre Papin. They have some great pure strikers' finishes, and Papin seems to be reminiscent of Mark Hughes in his volleying ability.

The Salas goal at Wembley in a friendly was incredible at the time but I can only find grainy footage. The 1st touch to control the ball then the finish into the corner...

Then some goals of Papin:-

Deleted member 101472

What a coincidence. I was a bit bored and was watching some youtube clips of strikers of about 20+ years ago. I was just remembering Marcelo Salas and Jean Pierre Papin. They have some great pure strikers' finishes, and Papin seems to be reminiscent of Mark Hughes in his volleying ability.

The Salas goal at Wembley in a friendly was incredible at the time but I can only find grainy footage. The 1st touch to control the ball then the finish into the corner...

Then some goals of Papin:-

The salas one is amazing, makes it look absolutely effortless

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not exactly lesser known but a work of art nonetheless, especially given the circumstances (WC and against the Argies)

Deleted member 101472

Not exactly lesser known but a work of art nonetheless, especially given the circumstances (WC and against the Argies)

Always good to see but too well known, probably one of the defining moments of that whole World Cup.

Red Stone

This never really comes up when Becks' greatest goals get mentioned, but it's one of my absolute favourites from him. The flight of the ball is beautiful and it just nestles effortlessly into the top corner.

Natener

Not one particular goal but some of Bam Bam's best (quite Falcao-ish).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Saw Eiður's dad score this beauty live when he beat my team 4-1.

To continue the Icelandic theme, goal of the season in the Danish league 9 years ago. Stefán Gíslason, and otherwise unremarkable player and not a renowned goalscorer.

Deleted member 101472

Saw Eiður's dad score this beauty live when he beat my team 4-1.

To continue the Icelandic theme, goal of the season in the Danish league 9 years ago. Stefán Gíslason, and otherwise unremarkable player and not a renowned goalscorer.
Brilliant!!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Mind seeing that on Eurogoals on the Monday night after it was scored. Didn't see it again for about a decade.
This never really comes up when Becks' greatest goals get mentioned, but it's one of my absolute favourites from him. The flight of the ball is beautiful and it just nestles effortlessly into the top corner.
That was a lovely strike - pretty much won me over to his quality at the time.
:lol: That's some of the worst defending I've ever seen but fair play to mostovoi
Yeah it's a car crash - probably Russian league before he went to Spain.

Deleted member 101472

if i recall correctly, these goals were a few weekends apart by martinez

Unmutual

This is one of my all time favourite goals from a wonderful side, the Parma side that won the UEFA Cup in 1999. This is the third goal from the final. The team itself was bonkers stuffed with talent - including Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Dino Baggio, Veron, Asprilla, Chiesa & Crespo. They overwhelmed Marseille and were cruising when the third goal went in. But still, what a goal - a long lazy period of controlled possession in the middle of the park. Thuram picks it up, waltzes past two challenges, then lays it off to Veron. He crosses into the middle, Crespo dummies it and Chiesa absolutely batters it into the top corner.

From 2:25.

Deleted member 101472

This is one of my all time favourite goals from a wonderful side, the Parma side that won the UEFA Cup in 1999. This is the third goal from the final. The team itself was bonkers stuffed with talent - including Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Dino Baggio, Veron, Asprilla, Chiesa & Crespo. They overwhelmed Marseille and were cruising when the third goal went in. But still, what a goal - a long lazy period of controlled possession in the middle of the park. Thuram picks it up, waltzes past two challenges, then lays it off to Veron. He crosses into the middle, Crespo dummies it and Chiesa absolutely batters it into the top corner.

memories of that parma team and that kit!:drool:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
people remember Kinky against Soton and West Ham but this is a great chip against Wales which persuaded us to fork out £2m on him

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Not necessarily a sublime goal but certainly rare in that the build-up involved every single player of the team, with only two of them touching the ball more than once.

Lyricist

Still one of my favorite goals I saw on tv.
During a WC knockout game, in extra time, on his weaker foot. Crazy goal!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Love an excuse to post Andy Cole acrobatic goals:

Master of the bicycle kick.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Such an emphatic finish. :drool:

Goal 4 at 4.00: