Signing players who are out of contract

Nickelodeon

Pogba got offered over £400k a week to stay here, with Raiola as his agent there's no way his next club doesn't at least match that.
I don't expect anyone to be shelling our 400k for him. He couldn't even perform in the one year which could've absolutely secured him a massive contract. He still might get a big contract from a desperate club (PSG, Juve both seem that way) but I expected more from Pogba given this year was all about self interest.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
PSG offered him 100M a year and he still turned them down. That's with him being French and PSG pretty much getting automatic CL qualification every year.

The guy is completely obsessed with Madrid. We could offer him 200M/y 5 year contract and the mad lad will still insist on going to Madrid.
100M per year is prime Messi/Ronaldo salary, I don't think any player at this moment deserves that much.

kthanksbye

Not every transfer has to be a grand 5 year signing, but our board likes that circus, signing stop gap players on short contracts is something we should be looking to do, wouldn't mind Laca on a 2-3yr contract to replace Cavani till the time we figure out what we're going to do with Ronaldo.
We should've turned Brozovic and Kessie's head 6 months ago, we should be making space for Dembele and Dybala by getting rid of as many deadwoods as we could, players like Martial, Mata, Lingard maybe even move on underperforming players to bring in better talents.

jeepers

I would take the Ajax right back, Kamara from Marseille and maybe Belotti (on decent wage/bonuses/sign-on. But the Ajax RB had said he doesn’t want to move to England. Kamara would cover the ball-winning/holding midfield positions and CB, possibly even RB if we have a crisis (I’m basing this signing on Bailly, Jones and Tuanzebe leaving). Belotti, if Ronaldo decides to leave, we can focus spending on a younger striker.

Reactions: oates

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Mbappe, Kessie, Brozovic, Modric, Romagnoli, Dembele, Rudiger, Belotti, Perisic, Onana, Christensen, Dybala, Tolisso.....

All those players will be out of contract this summer. Why we never try to get some of those players? We signed only Zlatan for free and that was because Mourinho insisted on him and used his relationship with Zlatan.
I know that they are not completely "free" and you need to give some cash to player and agent but some of those players are in best football age and are worth a lot on transfer market. On top of that, this year some of those free agents are exactly what we need (Rudiger, Kessie or Brozovic).

Last few years, other top clubs signed some very useful players in this way. Real signed Alaba, Barca just signed Kessie, PSG signed Donnarumma and Ramos, Chelsea signed Thiago, Juve signed Rabiot....
Well the rumor mill had said we did contact Rudiger, and we've tried to sign Dembele before so whose to say we wont go back now he's free. Out of the others, Mbappe, Modric we have no chance, Onana has been off the market a while now, only real miss would have been Kessie.

lsd

The Oracle
Most players who are out of contact have already long decided where they are going next

davidmichael

I agree with Mazraoui and Kamara, but I don't think we should sign someone just because they're free.

Lacazette has been shit for Arsenal for 5 years. Why would we want him?
Dembele has an attitude problem and an injury problem.
Kessie seems like another Fred.

Rudiger, sounds like a good idea, although - i've read he performs at his best in a back 3 and not a back 2. I don't know how true that is.
We could realistically lose all of Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Lingard and Mata this summer with Ronaldo being 37 so as a squad player is Lacazette on a free a bad option ? Dembele is in good form and been injury free for a while, I’d 100% take him over Rashford right now.

Rudiger, Kamara and Mazraoui are all no brainers as they’re all in positions we need to upgrade in and they’re all upgrades on what we have. I just hope Ten Hag (if it is him as it’s looking) is allowed to bring in whoever he wants without interference from the board although from what’s been said so far Arnold is the opposite to Woodward in that regard.