Gaming Silent Hill 2 (Remake) - PS5/PC

Irwin99

:drool: I only played the original for the first time a few years back and everything but the combat was a really unique experience (in a good way)

evil_geko

Add PC to that title, coming for both on launch.

I know a lot of people don't have faith in Bloober team, but they are working with some original people, I am cautiously optimistic.

Chairman Steve

Of course they’d remake the best one first. I personally never found Pyramid Head to be scary (despite being cool looking), so here’s hoping they can do what Capcom did with Mr.X in the RE2 Remake and actually make him terrifying.

Sweet Square

Surely it can't be worse than remaster from the HD collection?
Going off the trailer it seems they’ve at least listen to the criticism about the lack of fog in the
original remaster.

Still we are talking about a company that released the awful HD remaster, stopped the production of PT, destroyed the best video game football series, removed the MGS 2 & MGS3 from online stores and fired the greatest game director of all time.

I’m hopeful due to some original staff working on the project and it really can’t be that difficult but like konami are insanely awful.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The original SH games were landmark titles. So I'm definitely interested in this.

But I kinda wish they were doing a reboot of the series to give us a fresh story / start. Maybe if it works out well they will. That'll be awesome.

Ainu

Shame they skipped the original Silent Hill, now there's a game that could really use a remake. It was always going to be Silent Hill 2, though, by far the most popular game in the series. It's still one of my favourite horror games of all time as well.

It's Konami, so obviously everyone should be very cautious about this one. I also don't really trust Bloober Team to put out a quality title. Despite ticking all the boxes for me on paper, I found The Medium to be a distinctly average game. I'm not expecting much, to be honest.

Lemoor

Going off the trailer it seems they’ve at least listen to the criticism about the lack of fog in the
original remaster.

Still we are talking about a company that released the awful HD remaster, stopped the production of PT, destroyed the best video game football series, removed the MGS 2 & MGS3 from online stores and fired the greatest game director of all time.

I’m hopeful due to some original staff working on the project and it really can’t be that difficult but like konami are insanely awful.
Yea, unfortunately it's hard to expect of Konami anything else than a lazy cash grab at this point.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Shame they skipped the original Silent Hill, now there's a game that could really use a remake. It was always going to be Silent Hill 2, though, by far the most popular game in the series. It's still one of my favourite horror games of all time as well.

It's Konami, so obviously everyone should be very cautious about this one. I also don't really trust Bloober Team to put out a quality title. Despite ticking all the boxes for me on paper, I found The Medium to be a distinctly average game. I'm not expecting much, to be honest.
Recently played first Silent Hill on psx and was extremely grateful of grim, pixelated art style. It holds atmosphere, new games can only dream of.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Never actually played it but feel like I know everything about it through internet osmosis.

I played the demo but I dropped it because of the controls. That was just young me lying to myself though. I dropped it because I was a scaredy cat.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Never actually played it but feel like I know everything about it through internet osmosis.

I played the demo but I dropped it because of the controls. That was just young me lying to myself though. I dropped it because I was a scaredy cat.
It was one of those games that stretched the boundaries of gaming at the time. Nothing felt as originally spooky as silent hill. Re was more action / cool oriented. SH had a special vibe going for it.

Irwin99

I'm right at the end of 'The Medium' on my PS5 now which is a Silent Hill influenced horror made by the guys who are developing this and I'm just hoping they step it up a gear for such a beloved game as Silent Hill 2. That's not to say The Medium is a horrible game by any means but it has issues.

Ainu

Not sure why Best Buy would know more than others, so I'm going to assume it's a mistake. On the other hand, it would be an incredibly bad idea so, coming from Konami, that might actually make it more likely.