Television Silicon Valley | Season 6 spoilers

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
The Google swear filter ruins everything.

Russ' generic billboards have been popping up in the real Silicon Valley apparently. And some nerds released their own compression algorithm at the recent TechCrunch called Piper Pied.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just watched the 3rd episode. Didn't think last season was special but it had enough promise and character depth to stick with. This Russ guy. He shouldn't be funny but somehow he is. Reminds me of Bryan Cranston.

Cina

The newest episode was great.

Bighead with the potato cannon, and the monkey jerking off with the prosthetic arm :lol:

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
The newest episode was great.

Bighead with the potato cannon, and the monkey jerking off with the prosthetic arm :lol:
It was hilarious.

I'm glad they are incorporating new characters and we get to have a look at their neighbors.

Cina

I thought the most recent episode was poor, not very funny and the idea that this massive company can have all their stuff deleted by a fecking delete button was just daft as feck.

In general it's been great though.

Silva

I thought the most recent episode was poor, not very funny and the idea that this massive company can have all their stuff deleted by a fecking delete button was just daft as feck.

That's what I thought. They'd have more backups than limbs.

Flying_Heckfish

That was a bit silly really - generally a lot of the tech-talk is pretty true to life, the idea that files delete without confirmation (and no backup) was a bit of a jump.

SqueakyWeasel

Playing catch-up. Just seen S2E5 hilarious … must find out what Jarred says in German in his sleep. At first I thought it was something about Auschwitz, but playing a back a few time it actually sounds like he's raving about slitting his mum's throat and at one point even seems to shout "… get back in your cage, slut" – great characters!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
feck, this was the last ep this season?

Class episode though :lol: From the fires, the piss drinking, smashing holes into walls and Erlichs "What about me?" at the end :lol:

Cina

Great season, great show.

Probably has the best mix of top comedy and drama going at the moment, and it's just so easy to watch too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Great season, great show.

Probably has the best mix of top comedy and drama going at the moment, and it's just so easy to watch too.
Yeah, I went into it thinking it was a comedy, but you soon get a lot of drama too. It is getting a bit drawn out sadly, as they're about to accomplish something, something always goes tits up. Predictable tbh.

Cina

Yeah, I went into it thinking it was a comedy, but you soon get a lot of drama too. It is getting a bit drawn out sadly, as they're about to accomplish something, something always goes tits up. Predictable tbh.
I think this season suffered a bit because it was 10 episodes instead of 8. They definitely need to break the mould of good thing happens episode followed by bad thing happens episode, repeat, repeat next season.

Although I do like that the end didn't turn out to be the same as the first where everything ended up hunky dory.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Great show, but I was getting a little tired of the constant f*ck ups... Maybe that's a good sign that I'm invested enough in the characters to care about them seemingly in a constant state of failure.

Brophs

The One and Only
This show has pretty much been nailing it throughout the two seasons. It's the show I look forward to most at the moment.

Cina

Richard trying to get back before they deleted everything, and then the moment where they deleted and it stopped deleting cause their coding and servers were too shit, was both hilarious and incredibly tense. Sign of a great comedy.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That bit when he kicked his keys down the drain was a serious "bad pussy" moment.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The injured guy just laying there and everyone watching it on their individual screens not giving a fck about his welfare (other than hoping he continued being injured and conscious for their own gains) was genius. Black Mirror with serious humour.

The Philipino guitar guy...:lol::lol: I've got to watch that again.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good season but a lot of episodes, about 8 out of 10, followed the same formula. The group tries hard to achieve something, some shenanigans happen but they look to be achieving what they set out to do before right at the end, they get the rug pulled under them. It is making the show too predictable in the opposite sense to when everything works out for our heroes.

In any case they have set up a different sort of conflict going forward in season 3 so hopefully dynamics and storytelling won't be as formulaic.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
But you're missing the point, what you get in those episodes are killer set-up gags and put downs. The gags never tire, they will eventually I suppose.

I would prefer fresh well-delivered gags in a series than a edge of the seat storyline, which by definition can't be edge of the seat over a prolonged period anyway.