Simon Beck - Farcical Referee

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
If I made such a hideous error like that at work, I'd be sacked.

So should Mr Wilkes

Shimo

Hope he gets his eyes cut out - then at least he can't cock up games.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
feck sacking him. He should be locked inside a small room with Nemanja Vidic.

The disgusting thing is that he won't lose any sleep over it. The FA have ingrained it in their heads that they deserve respect and that mistakes aren't their fault.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
At the risk of sounding like I'm fresh off the bus from RAWKtown;

If a referee misses someone being fouled off the ball and the player in question can be disciplined at a later date then why shouldn't other things referees miss be overruled?

I don't actually think this should happen but it's a fair point.

askabob

At the risk of sounding like I'm fresh off the bus from RAWKtown;

If a referee misses someone being fouled off the ball and the player in question can be disciplined at a later date then why shouldn't other things referees miss be overruled?

I don't actually think this should happen but it's a fair point.
Because that would actually alter the outcome of games, something which FIFA has blatantly implied that it won't do (read: Ireland vs France).

Crustanoid

dev1l

IT s true that we do not play very well and probably did not deserve more from the game but that decision was scandalous ...

Throughout the game there were other dubious decisions like kiko's goal and us and Chelsea both had a claim to a penalty. But all these were highly dubious decisions, unlike the one that led to drogba's goal. the linesman was just metres away.... it was simply unbelievable...