Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
I'd normally rubbish the rumours straight away, the thing that makes me wary though is the fact the club haven't denied it yet (Does the club usually deny things like this?)

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's a bit odd that some people are more worried about Moyes/Jose than about losing the great man.

I mean noone can ever replace him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Moyes will turn Valencia into Lionel Messi

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I doubt the club would put more focus on a major announcement like Sir Alex's future well before the presser. It doesn't inspire investor confidence when you are listed.
Any update on Nike deal? Moyes as AM also seems unlikely with PL in progress.

But this retirement news does make me nervous.

stubie

He will go for another Champions League.

Mark my words

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd normally rubbish the rumours straight away, the thing that makes me wary though is the fact the club haven't denied it yet (Does the club usually deny things like this?)
It's been 21 minutes. The printer probably hasn't even warmed up.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Please not now. :(

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Daily Mail also running the rumour on the back page tomorrow - not just Telegraph doing the story, as someone said in the Moyes thread. Not that it adds more credibility to the story of course.

Edit: Kid Cunto was quicker than me. I guess it's not front page stuff because it's just a rumour.

hp88

It will be first time I see United without Fergie. I am just hoping we give the next manager a chance and don't turn into Chelsea.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It's gonna be absolutely shocking when this happens. I don't if there's anything to this but that day will be really, really weird.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That article: "The opportunity to leave on a high". Nothing oppertune about it. The deserved success of 25 years hard work. Had we had 3 extra points in 2011 and 1 extra point last year, we'd have just won bloody 6 in a row. Unprecedented dominance. Unprecedented success. As the competition got harder, Sir Alex won more.

I know what he means though, but I'm not sure I like the tone of the last paragraph.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
This is all Hysteria. Wait until we get a credible source with quotes.

Castia

Should find out soon enough, if it's bullshit they will dismiss the rumours early tomorrow.

Dan

Someone text me to say there's an announcement at 11pm, not sure if this is true.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
United hijacking Mourinho before he signs for Chelsea? ...
That would be some sense, I suppose. If United have actually planned on getting Mourinho to replace Fergie they have to move now.

I'm guessing the story will be that Anderson has gained another pound though. Or that Valencia injured someone with a hooked golf shot (does that even make sense? I don't follow much golf).

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
No way I'm waiting 8 hours.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Surely it's not him retiring. Maybe announcing when he will retire? But then again not sure if he'd want to go that route again.

The big news is Ronnie's coming back.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Countless rumours, fear mongering, end of the world... Welcome to Manchester United.

The club that is collapsing every month, every year, according to self-proclaimed "experts".

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
I'll check in with my moles shortly to see what's really going on, but it's pretty late in the evening in the UK right so I can't guarantee anything.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It's the right summer to do it. He'd step down having won the league again but this season is not exactly the hardest of acts to follow for a manager arriving at Old Trafford.

Maybe the performances have been frequently uninspiring on purpose to get us ready for Mourinho!

Status
Not open for further replies.