Sir Alex statue to be unveiled on November 24th - Ruud to attend

kps88

Yeah he hardly ever stands like that. The way sculptor explained his thinking behind it at the ceremony you'd think it was SAF's signature pose. Something like "the pose he makes before making a sub that would change the game".

He looks very menacing. A bit too menacing, almost evil like. Think it might look better if it was black.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
I like it. It's a statue. Not a photography.
It's not like it's Han Solo in Star Wars

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree. Sort the eyes out and it'd be alright. Apart from looking like it's made of chocolate.
The eyes look like they're trying to extract your soul, or something.

And I think the pose makes it worse.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Well I don't think he should be wearing his grandad coat & fleece for a start. It might be what he wears a lot, but for a statue with a bit of grandeur, it's not exactly the classiest thing to put him in.

And yeah, the pose isn't really anything special. The Henry & Adams statues at Arsenal may look equally shit, but they're at least in iconic poses you equate with them. Even the Moore one at Wembley is decent tbf, even though it's done by the same guy. It helps that it's pose and colouring are far better for a start.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Statue looks like he is sulking. SAF doesn't sulk, he gets angry sure, but sulk? Really?

Chabon

Doesn't look too bad in person, largely because you can't really see his face.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Absolutely poorly made. Have never seen him stand like that and the hair and the eyes. Shit work.
Gotta agree with you, mate.

If you went on the face alone and didn't know it was meant to be SAF, you just wouldn't know it was meant to be SAF. The eyes are all wrong.

The jacket is right, but I've never seen him pose like that.

On the other hand, you can look at the statue as a kind of interpretation of SAF rather than a bronze replica of the man. On thing I can guarantee everyone is that the statue will grow on us and that when we're old men we'll walk up to it and recall the glorious days of the mid 1990s when began to pile up prem tophies, then the treble in 99, and pay tribute to the man who made it all possible.

The Neviller

Gotta agree with you, mate.

If you went on the face alone and didn't know it was meant to be SAF, you just wouldn't know it was meant to be SAF. The eyes are all wrong.

The jacket is right, but I've never seen him pose like that.

On the other hand, you can look at the statue as a kind of interpretation of SAF rather than a bronze replica of the man. On thing I can guarantee everyone is that the statue will grow on us and that when we're old men we'll walk up to it and recall the glorious days of the mid 1990s when began to pile up prem tophies, then the treble in 99, and pay tribute to the man who made it all possible.
If someone showed me that picture and didn't tell me who it was I'd know it was Ferguson. I'm not sure what some of you are looking at to be honest, or what you think Ferguson looks like.

I just showed my wife that picture and asked if she knew who it was. "Alex Ferguson" she said. I then showed her a picture of Alex Ferguson and asked her who it was. "Not a fecking clue".

Make of that what you will.The above may not be true.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
If someone showed me that picture and didn't tell me who it was I'd know it was Ferguson. I'm not sure what some of you are looking at to be honest, or what you think Ferguson looks like.

I just showed my wife that picture and asked if she knew who it was. "Alex Ferguson" she said. I then showed her a picture of Alex Ferguson and asked her who it was. "Not a fecking clue".

Make of that what you will.The above may not be true.
I've shown a few people this photo and not one could make SAF out of it.

But once you're told, it begins to look obvious.

kf

Saw it in the flesh (or should that be in the bronze?) before the game yesterday and it does look more like him than the photos would indicate. Obviously you're looking up at it and you can walk around and see it from different angles and it does look like him imo.

redevil2

Saw it in the flesh (or should that be in the bronze?) before the game yesterday and it does look more like him than the photos would indicate. Obviously you're looking up at it and you can walk around and see it from different angles and it does look like him imo.
I think some people on here are being a little harsh. It does look like him even it is not a true reflection of him like a photo. I also want to say occasion like this really truly says it all about United and its legenadary figures. If united fans do not feel proud just because of this regardless of whether we are going to win this season, I don't know why they even support United. Feel proud and be understanding it's just not easy to achieve victories year in year out! That makes SAF so special really.

It will be so hard to imagine the day when SAF is finally calling it.

So, top of table after citeh drew at Stanford bridge. What a wonderful weeekend!!!! I think both teams feel happy according to post match interviews. Just brilliant.