g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sir Jim Ratcliffe - in charge of football operations.

Stig

If such a thread already exists, please delete this. As we have a thread on the manager I thought a thread on the new man in charge of football operations would be appropriate.

So far we have seen him:-

Get Omar Berrada from City for CEO and Jean Claude Blanc as the interiim. - That has to be a huge coup

He's getting Dean Ashworth for transfers or whatever it's called.

Jason Wilcox has been appointed Technical Director.

Now he's going for the no broken window policy telling them to tidy their bedrooms, the IT room and the U21 and U 18 dressing rooms.

I'm not sure that we could have asked for anymore at this stage.

As a few on here have said, sort out the structure and then bring in your new manager.

binary bot
Don't rate them.

I'd have an investment banker in there somewhere. At least 5 years in canary wharf.

Then someone promoted from within. Why look all over the world when you've probably got a 5 star candidate coaching the u14s?

To top it off, an ex-player with no previous experience in their role would've been ideal. I'd have loved Phil Neville back at the club but he'd be overqualified.

mu4c_20le

To top it off, an ex-player with no previous experience in their role would've been ideal. I'd have loved Phil Neville back at the club but he'd be overqualified.
Was just looking at Leverkusen's structure and it seems that their sporting director is exactly what you just described. I was literally thinking hmm they have their own Fletcher

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He’s not though is he? He’s simply ensuring best in class people are hired for the roles deemed necessary to help the club perform on the pitch.

So thanks for the high-laaarious thread but sarcasm and naysaying don’t really fit here. You should really be optimistic that we finally have an owner who cares about the club and importantly about the football. :rolleyes:

Stig

He’s not though is he? He’s simply ensuring best in class people are hired for the roles deemed necessary to help the club perform on the pitch.

So thanks for the high-laaarious thread but sarcasm and naysaying don’t really fit here. You should really be optimistic that we finally have an owner who cares about the club and importantly about the football. :rolleyes:
Who's not what ?

I'm confused by your post.

Stig

Mods.

I think that this could be merged with the

How confident are you of success in the INEOS era thread

Zed is not dead

Was just looking at Leverkusen's structure and it seems that their sporting director is exactly what you just described. I was literally thinking hmm they have their own Fletcher
Every club has an ex player in their technical staff.
Criticizing Fletcher is just lazyness at this point, especially when his job has been explained and by all accounts appreciated within the club

Chumpsbechumps

Because he is the owner, not the CEO, DOF or TD. Other than hiring the correct executives, he is exerting zero influence on football decisions.
I was having a chat with a mate about this last night. SJR has not bought United to make money.

I was saying to him “actually having an owner who at the very least is actually focused on the team winning on field is such a relief and you’d hope by extension he’d at least change things if they aren’t working out”.

He made the point that it doesn’t mean SJR will make the right calls or not interfere and things can always get worse. That’s true but for now it feels like SJR is cuter then that and above the clownish antics of Boehly and Avram “I like martial” bollox.

Plant0x84

I was having a chat with a mate about this last night. SJR has not bought United to make money.

I was saying to him “actually having an owner who at the very least is actually focused on the team winning on field is such a relief and you’d hope by extension he’d at least change things if they aren’t working out”.

He made the point that it doesn’t mean SJR will make the right calls or not interfere and things can always get worse. That’s true but for now it feels like SJR is cuter then that and above the clownish antics of Boehly and Avram “I like martial” bollox.
Yeah, obviously he ultimately has the final call but he’s definitely experienced and smart enough to get out of people’s way and let them do the job he pays them handsomely to do.

Still, won’t stop numpties pinning absolutely every minuscule problem on him personally though!

Brophs

The One and Only
Do any of you have a single, compelling piece of evidence that Sir Big Jim isn’t the Zodiac killer?

Take your time. I’ll wait.

Chumpsbechumps

Yeah, obviously he ultimately has the final call but he’s definitely experienced and smart enough to get out of people’s way and let them do the job he pays them handsomely to do.

Still, won’t stop numpties pinning absolutely every minuscule problem on him personally though!
Agreed, he’s certainly doing a lot of the kinds of things I’d hoped a United owner would do. Get best in class in all positions and let them do their thing.

I wonder how much grace he gets before some turn on him ? He’s said 2028 is his targeted return of United to the top , next year could be a tough one depending on how he’s gonna turn things aroujd

Plant0x84

Agreed, he’s certainly doing a lot of the kinds of things I’d hoped a United owner would do. Get best in class in all positions and let them do their thing.

I wonder how much grace he gets before some turn on him ? He’s said 2028 is his targeted return of United to the top , next year could be a tough one depending on how he’s gonna turn things aroujd
It’s a squad building process now, no more signing galacticos in search of instant success. We are finally building for sustained success in the future and giving people and processes the time they need to bear fruit.

Fans are just gonna have to like it or lump it. It’s the correct way to go, regardless of what the entitled numpties want. There are already dissenting voices here, but they are the usual few so many posters already know what they are like and don’t give their moans any attention.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not buying galacticos is not a guaranteed better approach. Just like buying galacticos guaranteed to fail.

It's about buying shrewdly. If the next Ronaldo arises you break the bank for it. If the next Haaland arise, you break the bank to get him early.

It's about choosing what's right at any moment in time, on case per case.

Zen86

Don't rate them.

I'd have an investment banker in there somewhere. At least 5 years in canary wharf.

Then someone promoted from within. Why look all over the world when you've probably got a 5 star candidate coaching the u14s?

There’s nothing wrong with promoting from within or having ex-players on staff. There just needs to be a mix and somebody keeping people accountable.