Sky: Richard Arnold to become new CEO of Manchester United

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Richard Arnold will be named as Manchester United CEO within days, becoming the first person to hold that title at Old Trafford since David Gill stepped down in 2013, Sky News can reveal.
Sky News has learnt that the Premier League club could announce to the New York Stock Exchange within days - and possibly as early as Monday afternoon - that Mr Arnold will take over its executive leadership in the New Year.

Mr Arnold, currently the group managing director, will effectively replace Ed Woodward, who has held the title of executive vice-chairman since 2012, but will instead become the company's chief executive, according to a person close to the situation.
https://news.sky.com/story/manchest...ent-of-arnold-as-new-chief-executive-12500607

youmeletsfly

Not a bad move in my opinion. If that means a qualified DOF will be in place in the future, then well done.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Mark Kleinman is unrivalled for 'city' scoops so this is as good as official. Arnold has been seen as important in our lucrative business side so if he sticks to that and has trusted football people with an influence in the decision making then this will be fine.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This is a very interesting move considering what he said about the Glazers last year.

acnumber9

Why would we want the business side of things to change?
The business side could be run by a chimp. The name sells. Not the CEO. The large bulk of our money comes from TV deals we don’t negotiate. Other revenues have stagnated.

Delano

By all accounts he wants to move away from the football side of things. So as long as that remains true, I don't think this will be a bad thing.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Too much to ask that he's learned 1 or 2 things of what not to do from Woodward, ie leave the footballing side up to footballing people?

Infra-red

Too much to ask that he's learned 1 or 2 things of what not to do from Woodward, ie leave the footballing side up to footballing people?
I'd expect more of the same - he's an old mate of Woodward's.

Arnold, Woodward and Matt Judge are part of the same Bristol Uni/PwC claque.

macheda14

I'd expect more of the same - he's an old mate of Woodward's.

Arnold, Woodward and Matt Judge are part of the same Bristol Uni/PwC claque.
We’ll most reports that have come out (mainly from the athletic) are that he has no interest in taking any control on the footballing side - I can’t remember the quote exactly, but he said something along the lines that if he did we would be relegated. So he’s fully going to delegate that aspect of the job.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he does indeed largely leave the football operations to the football structure we have in place then it will be a definite improvement on where we were a few years ago.

Beyond that, I doubt many here know enough to comment on how well suited he is to the role in terms of the commercial side of things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As long as he leaves the football side well alone that's all that matters.

Let him do the business. That was the main issue with Woodward, he treated the club like a personal game of football manager.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Merry Xmas and a Happy Glazer New Year.

MayfieldsFinest

He couldn't even convince his nephew to sign for us..... great.

Ignore, I've got this arseways :)

It's John Alexander that's his uncle.