63,217​
28​
Carlos CasemiroReal Madrid
63,112​
Marcus RashfordMan Utd
30​
Jack GrealishAston Villa
62,432​
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-ahead-of-bruno-fernandes-in-europes-hot-list

Bruno 4th. Maguire the top rated central defender of the year. Rashford also in the top 30.

Dante

Average bang
No Harry Kane but Lukaku is 5th :lol:
Harry Kane is 32nd, if you check the link.

The list is entirely based on statistics for the 12 months:
The rankings award points for 35 matchday stats and we've factored cumulative totals collected in the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Champions League and Europa League since the turn of the year.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Harry Kane is 32nd, if you check the link.

The list is entirely based on statistics for the 12 months:
The point being he should absolutely be in the top 30 for this season alone. 9 goals and 10 assists in 15 games. Plus 7 goals after the restart. Son has very similar numbers despite playing more due to Kanes injury at the start of the year and he's ranked number 15.

Rashford missed a chunk of games, Like Kane and he made the list with inferior numbers.

Dante

Average bang
The point being he should absolutely be in the top 30 for this season alone. 9 goals and 10 assists in 15 games. Plus 7 goals after the restart. Son has very similar numbers despite playing more due to Kanes injury at the start of the year and he's ranked number 15.

Rashford missed a chunk of games, Like Kane and he made the list with inferior numbers.
It includes games in European competitions.

Berbaclass

1 goal.

The points totals also include things like tackles, clearances and interceptions.
Qualifying not count?

That’s just stupid though. Applying that criteria to strikers. Kane has arguably been the best player in the league this season and finished off last season very strongly. It’s a very questionable list.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Yeah about right. Bruno was the 4th best player of 2020. I think he’s the only one bar the big three and the French league lads to have more goal contributions than games. Brilliant.

On a side note though, was Lukaku right? :houllier:

Dante

Average bang
Qualifying not count?
Obviously not. It's qualifying for an official competition, not the competition itself.

In calendar year 2020, Rashford has 18 goals and 12 assists across the PL and Europe, whilst Kane has 17 goals and 12 assists.

But of those, Rashford has 6 in the CL, 1 in the EL. Whereas Kane only has 1 in the EL.

If you want to start including EL qualifiers, why not domestic cup competitions (not included in the rankings calculations)? Rashford has 5 goals and 2 assists. Kane has 1 and 0.

Dante

Average bang
Yeah about right. Bruno was the 4th best player of 2020. I think he’s the only one bar the big three and the French league lads to have more goal contributions than games. Brilliant.

On a side note though, was Lukaku right? :houllier:
He has 26 goals and 4 assists this calendar year. It was a decent return considering the long lockdown break.

Berbaclass

Obviously not. It's qualifying for an official competition, not the competition itself.

In calendar year 2020, Rashford has 18 goals and 12 assists across the PL and Europe, whilst Kane has 17 goals and 12 assists.

But of those, Rashford has 6 in the CL, 1 in the EL. Whereas Kane only has 1 in the EL.

If you want to start including EL qualifiers, why not domestic cup competitions? Rashford has 5 goals and 2 assist. Kane has 1 and 0.
However way you want to look at it Kane deserves to be much higher. His goals and assists are great and so is his overall team play. The fact Havertz is number 23 on that list makes it irrelevant.

Dante

Average bang
However way you want to look at it Kane deserves to be much higher. His goals and assists are great and so is his overall team play. The fact Havertz is number 23 on that list makes it irrelevant.
This isn't a table decided by hype. It's the result of plugging numbers into a spreadsheet. Nothing more than an unbiased statistical retrospective of the year.

Your alternative appears to be deciding places according to a player's reputation. That's every bit as irrelevant.

RashyForPM

He has 26 goals and 4 assists this calendar year. It was a decent return considering the long lockdown break.
I’m actually a fan of Lukaku (well, not his billy big bollocks attitude in the media) and those stats are very good, but was he really the 5th best player in the world last year. Muller, Kimmich, Salah, KdB etc were all better than him imo. I know this is stats based but even so, he can’t be the 5th best player in the world.

Berbaclass

This isn't a table decided by hype. It's the result of plugging numbers into a spreadsheet. Nothing more than an unbiased statistical retrospective of the year.

Your alternative appears to be deciding places according to a player's reputation. That's every bit as irrelevant.
What a load of garbage :lol:

The spreadsheet is flawed.

Berbaclass

Your assertion that I'm "basing my opinion on hype rather than statistics" you've just made that up because I don't agree with you.

It's truly laughable. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive about this, It's like you made the spreadsheet yourself.

Things like this are never totally accurate because of the amount of variables involved in a game like football. Kanes omission from the top 30 is a glaring omission.

Dante

Average bang
Your assertion that I'm "basing my opinion on hype rather than statistics" you've just made that up because I don't agree with you.

It's truly laughable. I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive about this, It's like you made the spreadsheet yourself.

Things like this are never totally accurate because of the amount of variables involved in a game like football. Kanes omission from the top 30 is a glaring omission.
It's a quantitive table not a qualitative one. There's room for both in the world. But on the purely statistical level, Rashford outperformed Kane. So did 30 other people. Deal with it.

Berbaclass

It's a quantitive table not a qualitative one. There's room for both in the world. But on the purely statistical level, Rashford outperformed Kane. So did 30 other people. Deal with it.
Rashford is also too low. You deal with it, stop being pathetic :lol:

Berbaclass

Some lists are based on feelings and intuitions. Some are based on pure statistics. This is the latter.

You're arguing against numbers.
PL+CL/EL since January 1st 2020

Rashford - 32 games 18 goals 10 assists.
Kane - 28 games 17 goals 12 assists.

Tell me again how Rashford outperformed Kane?

Andy_Cole

Mkhitaryan 24. Honestly haven’t heard him mentioned since leaving Arsenal. Glad he’s doing well. United actually have 2 ex players there interestingly.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not surprising to see no defenders at the top in the list given that it's bad purely on stats, which will favor attackers, Neuer being low at 20 as well.

Korwas

Lukaku is 5th? ahead of Salah? wat.
No Harry Kane but Lukaku is 5th :lol:
Most goals all competitions 2020
Lewandowski 47
Ronaldo 44
Lukaku 40
Haaland 39
Immobile 34
Mbappe 29
Messi 27
Salah 26
Fernandes 26
Weghorst 24
Andre Silva 24
Kane 23
Benzema 23
Zlatan 22
Heung-min Son 22

Only Lewandowski and Ronaldo outscored Lukaku in 2020 so if this list is stats based it makes sense to have Lukaku higher.

Berbaclass

Lewandowski 47
Ronaldo 44
Lukaku 40
Haaland 39
Immobile 34
Mbappe 29
Messi 27
Salah 26
Fernandes 26
Weghorst 24
Andre Silva 24
Kane 23
Benzema 23
Zlatan 22
Heung-min Son 22

Only Lewandowski and Ronaldo outscored Lukaku in 2020 so if this list is stats based it makes sense to have Lukaku higher.
I don’t mind that Lukaku is on the list or is that high. I just think Kane should be higher based on his exploits.

Dante

Average bang
I don’t mind that Lukaku is on the list or is that high. I just think Kane should be higher based on his exploits.
Based on your feelings rather than reality.

Here's the methodology. The ranking are based on unbiased numbers.

Berbaclass

Ahh you've piped up again. I saw you deleted your post after you realised the stats you we're talking about you must have made up :lol:

Falcow

Not "no" Kane, he is number 32.
I guess they forgot to apply the PL supreme superiority factor.
Well to be fair, I think there is merit in the PL superiority factor. It is more difficult to amass these power ranking points in the PL than it is in Seria A playing against the likes of Spezia and Crotone, Lukaku being the perfect example, Mkhitaryan being another.

Same also applies to Spain and Germany where the bottom 10 teams are basically Championship level or worse.

Falcow

What is interesting is how far Bruno is ahead of every other PL player apart from Salah.

Lewandowski 47
Ronaldo 44
Lukaku 40
Haaland 39
Immobile 34
Mbappe 29
Messi 27
Salah 26
Fernandes 26
Weghorst 24
Andre Silva 24
Kane 23
Benzema 23
Zlatan 22
Heung-min Son 22

the two strikers I wouldn’t want to see at United are Lukaku and immobile. Goals don’t tell the whole story.

Infra-red

What is interesting is how far Bruno is ahead of every other PL player apart from Salah.
Probably fair to say that he's been comfortably the best player in the Premier League in the calendar year 2020 (although I'd probably say De Bruyne was the best player in the league over the 2019/20 season as a whole).

Oranges038

Lewandowski 47
Ronaldo 44
Lukaku 40
Haaland 39
Immobile 34
Mbappe 29
Messi 27
Salah 26
Fernandes 26
Weghorst 24
Andre Silva 24
Kane 23
Benzema 23
Zlatan 22
Heung-min Son 22

Your forgetting to subtract Ronaldo's penalties, they dont count, or did you not know? I wonder if SKY excluded the penalties like others try to do when using Ronaldo's goals.

Unbiased seems a bit of stretch.

I'd like to know how they came up with the points scoring system. This seems too heavily weighted towards attackers and goals scorers to be a fair reflection on player performance.

A Gk save should have a higher points ranking 370 compared to 1600 for a goal scored and -600 for a goal conceded. But an error leading to a goal is -2000. 1200 for a gk clean sheet and only 400 for the defence. A Gk gets +500 for a game won but -100 for a game lost.

They vary most points but everyone gets -1000 for conceding a penalty. Everyone gets the same points for possession won, a defender winning the ball should count for more than an attacking player doing so, like they have done with interceptions.

Load of nonsense if you ask me, arbitrarily assigning numbers to different facets of a game with so many variables to come up with a list based off those numbers has no more merit than me or any one else making a list of who we think are the best players.