SKYNET: Killer Drones

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Well, that's a bit alarming. It says it's probably the first time it's happened, I somehow don't believe that. It's probably just the first time it's been reported.

Dante

Average bang
We'll see more and more of this as nations around the world rush to win an arms race in drone warfare without proper checks & balances.

If any of these machines can learn to reproduce more of themselves (which is certainly possible as AI improves), we're fecked.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yup unarmed drones are the present and future of warfare. As Dante says AI is the crazy variable. Very scary stuff especially with the criminal morons in charge of most countries. This particular drone was developed with the help of MIT.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Feck me we're just so close to absolute mayhem

Simbo

I for one will feel safer once the robots are in charge.

This isn't exactly new, it's just the first time one has gone after a human face instead of a piece of equipment.

The Americans have had this swarm and target detection capability for a couple of decades but they also have checks in place before allowing their drones to kill.

bleedred

I would rather robots take us over soon than to be persecuted by these moron politicians all over the world.