Smalling / SIGNED for Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

We missed a trick not even attempting to see how he meshed with Maguire, but the time for that was probably last year.

AFC NimbleThumb

There is/was never a €70+ mil gap between Smalling & Maguire - we’ve just further weakened our side, I love this club :lol:

RUCK4444

There is/was never a €70+ mil gap between Smalling & Maguire - we’ve just further weakened our side, I love this club :lol:
Absolutely. And it’s not Maguire we should compare him to, look at the others! Feckin shambles that we’ve kept them and sold Smalling.

Every pundit on tonight has said the same.

Ranchero

Harry Redknapp: "Harry Maguire is a top player. I would have thought Smalling and Maguire might have been a better partnership than what they've had the moment.

"But obviously he is not wanted there [at Old Trafford]."

AFC NimbleThumb

Absolutely. And it’s not Maguire we should compare him to, look at the others! Feckin shambles that we’ve kept them and sold Smalling.

Every pundit on tonight has said the same.
The Ole In crowd won’t want to hear it but you have to question what OgS is/was thinking tactically at CB.

He wants to play a high line so goes after a cumbersome CB & then even after last season backs a number of average CBs over Smalling [who also has his flaws but can actually defend].

You know it’s a long way back when you’re mourning the loss of Mike Smalling.

manunited1919

Harry Redknapp: "Harry Maguire is a top player. I would have thought Smalling and Maguire might have been a better partnership than what they've had the moment.

"But obviously he is not wanted there [at Old Trafford]."
He wanted first team football and Ole assured him he wasn’t guaranteed that, so he left. That’s all there is to it.

Even if I don’t agree with the decision, I support Ole and the fact that as manager he is entitled to make these sort of decisions.

DevilRed

Served us well and we got a decent fee out of it.

No chance he should have been kept. We’ve had 10 years to evaluate him and ultimately he was never good enough for us if we want to win the biggest trophies.

Getting on in age as well.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Played 200+ games, and no proper send off. What a great club United is.

Lee565

Sorry but it says something about ole as a manager when smalling didn't want to rejoin united for this season.

Ranchero

He wanted first team football and Ole assured him he wasn’t guaranteed that, so he left. That’s all there is to it.

Even if I don’t agree with the decision, I support Ole and the fact that as manager he is entitled to make these sort of decisions.
Oooh if only life was as simple as that. I wonder, when you see BoJo messing up the coronavirus crisis leading to thousands of deaths, do you say, ahhh, he is entitled to make those decisions. When you see Tony Blair take us into an illegal war that costs thousands of lives in Iraq, do you say, ahh but he is the PM, so I support what he does and his right to do it?

I guess so.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Played 200+ games, and no proper send off. What a great club United is.
Yes, it's really a shame. He was arguably our best player in LvG's second season, and as a pure defender he was still our best.

I would have liked to see him fight his way into Ole's plans, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes.

I wish him all the best at his new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.