Smalling signs new contract

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Best of a bad bunch but not a great player by any means.

peridigm

Shows where we are headed. If it wasn’t believable I’d say it’s unbelievable.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not good enough for England, somehow good enough for United.

Ban

Good news. He's the one we should keep. That can't be said about some other CBs we have.

dove

Legend. Now we must do the same with Jones, Young and Valencia. What a core of the team that is :drool:

haram

He deserves to stay, it’s the other wasters that need to leave.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good news. Hopefully we can find him a good partner, one or two cb signing is necessary when we hopefully get rid of Jones and Rojo.

Ban

This. Took Southgate a few weeks to figure out that the guy is a dud. Yet there will be lots of posters on here hailing this decision.
So you think defenders Southgate took to WC are all better than Mike?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah, good.

Now bin off Jones and Rojo, bring in one top class reinforcement and Smalling is a solid squad option (if Lindelof and/or Bailly can reach the potential they are supposed to have and Tuanzebe becomes the player we all want him to be).

I like him a lot, but he can, and should, be improved on. But of our current centre backs, he should be the last one to leave by virtue of being significantly better than all of them currently.

Darkhorsez

That’s good news as he has been our best performing defender over the years despite all the crap he gets on here. He has his limitations but he has plenty of heart.

Ban

Yeah, good.

Now bin off Jones and Rojo, bring in one top class reinforcement and Smalling is a solid squad option (if Lindelof and/or Bailly can reach the potential they are supposed to have and Tuanzebe becomes the player we all want him to be).

I like him a lot, but he can, and should, be improved on. But of our current centre backs, he should be the last one to leave by virtue of being significantly better than all of them currently.
Problem is Rojo signed a new contract recently.

Stadjer

Not got a big problem with this, but if they give Phil Jones a contract I will punch somebody.
Same. Smalling is our best defender eventhough he isnt world class. If we finally get good defenders he is still good enough to be a squad player.

Phil Jones is just always injured and when he isnt he is okay until he makes a mistake.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This. Took Southgate a few weeks to figure out that the guy is a dud. Yet there will be lots of posters on here hailing this decision.
So what would you do then, please tell us? Sign more Lindelofs, Rojos?

Who in this squad is more reliable CB than him? Do you want us to sell all 5 CBs?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Problem is Rojo signed a new contract recently.
We were open to selling him to Everton last summer as long as we were able to get a replacement in first. I imagine there is a chance they'll still want him next summer as they only signed Zouma on loan.

Yeah, good.

Agreed with this. We can't just get rid of them all, so we'll probably be looking towards getting rid of Jones and Rojo and bringing in another CB.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He looks so pretty in the first picture.

Oh, and I just want to add that sheep farmers suck (no offence)

Kag

Great news. Will be made out as some sort of mockery but we can leave that to the arseholes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is more than good enough for England. He's better than Gomez, Dunk and Keane who got call ups.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Smalling would be good as cover and has generally been more reliable than the rest of our defenders. I do hope we strengthen in that area and release Jones.

Kostov

No problem with this, Chris is a useful player. We should upgrade over the next 2 transfer windows, but Jones and Rojo should go first.