So Brad has gone and the race is on to take his place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I always feel like if threads were a room, Weaste would always kick the door down and burst in shouting at everyone, with spit flying everywhere.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Where's Brad gone?
Well he was banned and the powers that be were discussing whether it would be permanent or not and then I didnt hear anything after that

So whats the verdict Modmins?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well he was banned and the powers that be were discussing whether it would be permanent or not and then I didnt hear anything after that

So whats the verdict Modmins?
We had a long discussion and concluded that there's no reason to make any additional changes.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
We had a long discussion and concluded that there's no reason to make any additional changes.
Cheers for the speedy response but I am a bit confused

Additional changes to what? Do you mean it is a permanent ban?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You are making no sense! Brad has gone, I thought that we had got rid of that type of dickery, but I see that he has produced quite a few disciples.
Disciples? I think you are getting the master and pupil the wrong way round here :cool:

You are whinging and whining about people who are whinging and whining - whats not to get?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
This place gets better by the day.

Oh and Rood, you seriously didn't think they'd overturn the decision did you?

Not a chance in hell that was ever going to happen.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Dont like to see anyone get banned especially if they spend a lot of time on here.

But must admit I hadnt even noticed he was gone. I guess that would be the same with everyone really

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Dont like to see anyone get banned especially if they spend a lot of time on here.

But must admit I hadnt even noticed he was gone. I guess that would be the same with everyone really
One thing about the CAF is that it keeps going irrespective of who leaves. New posters always come in and take their place. I've seen this happen in wave after wave of posters who have come and gone over the past dozen years.

WeasteDevil

One thing about the CAF is that it keeps going irrespective of who leaves. New posters always come in and take their place. I've seen this happen in wave after wave of posters who have come and gone over the past dozen years.
And the most notorious were the ones that left to form their own, and then split themselves in two. Slabber has to be the most notorious missed poster that ever graced/disgraced this place, just for his total madness and purposely selective profanity.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes, additional changes meaning undoing his ban.
That's sad to hear.

The final minor infraction just didnt seem like something that should lead to a permaban for such a long time poster - I fully believe this place will lose out as a result of losing characters like Brad.

This place gets better by the day.

Oh and Rood, you seriously didn't think they'd overturn the decision did you?

Not a chance in hell that was ever going to happen.
I honestly thought they would because it is clear that some Modmins supported that or there wouldnt have been any discussion over it.

We all know Brad can be a bit OTT but it just doesnt make sense to ban one of the best football posters we have - at worst I thought he might just get banned from the General Forum.

This place has lost quite a few characters recently, long time posters who were Caf institutions from way before my time here :(

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
That's sad to hear.

The final minor infraction just didnt seem like something that should lead to a permaban for such a long time poster - I fully believe this place will lose out as a result of losing characters like Brad.

I honestly thought they would because it is clear that some Modmins supported that or there wouldnt have been any discussion over it.

We all know Brad can be a bit OTT but it just doesnt make sense to ban one of the best football posters we have - at worst I thought he might just get banned from the General Forum.

This place has lost quite a few characters recently, long time posters who were Caf institutions from way before my time here :(
It's a fecking pathetic decision Rood, and not one made with the good of the forum in mind.

Another nail in the coffin.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
That's sad to hear.

You are right, but this conversataion has been going on for over a year now. The final infraction was then one that prompted the discussion among the admins, not the one that got him permed. He was permed for constantly needing modding and not really being happy with the way it was run nd never ceasing to tell the mods. You may feel that he was slapped down for dissent, but the forum is more for the silent happy majority than one unhappy poster.

He had pages of infractions, enough for a few perm bans if he wasn't such a good contributor to the forum. Those contributions are well ackowledged by the mods and the forum does suffer as a result, but not enough for the moderation of the site to be held to ransom over is my interpretation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's sad to hear.

Being banned from a web forum is insignificant in the greater scheme of things. Everyone moves on in their own direction and life goes on, usually with yet more interesting characters emerging. Hell, we've lost Davo and are still chugging along.

WeasteDevil

It's a fecking pathetic decision Rood, and not one made with the good of the forum in mind.

Another nail in the coffin.
It's not just a simple infraction, he's been warned time and time again since I used to bounce him out, but he never took any notice. The admin and mods really don't need the hassle of someone like him, it's too much work, and they give their free time to this place.

Is it so much to ask for someone to behave in a reasonable manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.