So Brad has gone and the race is on to take his place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alastair

ignorant
The point about the moderators/admins not posting in the football forums is a good one though. I do find it frustrating when a mod/admin refers to someone as a terrible poster when they provide nothing in the football forums themselves. There are, however, some excellent football posters who are almost underrated because of them being mods - Hectic, Brophs etc.

VP

So a Leeds fan, who barely posts, helps ban a genuine Red on a Manchester United forum, fantastic.

It's a ridiculous decision whichever way you look at it. You can't ban people for being a drama queen in the, largely pointless, general forum.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
One thing I want to clear up – again. I never threatened FeedingSeagulls. I said his cards were marked. This was clearly in the context that one of my friends, quite unbeknown to me at the time, had laid into him for not paying me after I went out of my way to help him get a Euro away ticket. So as long as he posted on here, that might be something he just had to deal with. It was taken as a threat – and I was infracted, again – when it absolutely wasn’t the case. Having cleared this up since, I’m disappointed some of you are still claiming otherwise. I did call him a rat bastard that’s true, but then I doubt I’m getting sued for libel there.
I've never had much problem with Brad, but even I have to say that is weak and makes no sense.

iguanamanc

Dear me - I was half expecting him to finish with "its a far, far better thing that I do now........etc."

Is there a dry eye in the house?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
So a Leeds fan, who barely posts, helps ban a genuine Red on a Manchester United forum, fantastic.

It's a ridiculous decision whichever way you look at it. You can't ban people for being a drama queen in the, largely pointless, general forum.
This isn't even remotely what happened.

Spoony

The People's President
GB, I think we need to end this assumption that Brad is posting through my account. This has never happened. I frequently talk to people on the caf via PM for example, one of them being noodlehair, who can confirm no other than me uses this account.

So please stop, it's getting boring.
Yes. Personally I'd end this gayness by locking the damn thread.

Gayers.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
talk about making stuff up!

heres the facts, it was put to a vote in the mod and admin forum and a vote of 14 to 9 carried the motion that he should remain banned. Everyone had a fair say. Its not very often that it goes to a vote, so this notion that Marching banned him couldn't be further from the truth actually

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
GB, I think we need to end this assumption that Brad is posting through my account. This has never happened. I frequently talk to people on the caf via PM for example, one of them being noodlehair, who can confirm no other than me uses this account.

So please stop, it's getting boring.
Actually it has happened; however, it was purely by accident.

A fact that Brad informed me of himself and he was very concerned about the mishap.

iguanamanc

It'll end up with all the Brad groupies gone and you mods arguing amongst yourselves, calling each other c**nts.

The mod to poster ratio in this thread is awesome. What a feeding frenzy.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Brad has asked me to post this for him. He's banned but these are his final words. Hopefully, modmins won't infract for posting one last parting shot on his behalf. These are his last words.

Hi folks

I’ve obviously recently found I’m banned from the Caf permanently, which disappoints me because I’ve enjoyed talking to fellow fans across the globe about United, it’s a nice balance with the other more tight knit forum of mostly match going folk I’m also on. I’m glad I’ll still be able to converse with a few of you on there, because despite the immense gayness of the internet, I’ve actually made some good friends off here.

Reading this thread, you’d thing I was some kind of savage, untimed, vicious vindictive cyber bully who went out of my way to abused moderators, and make everyone’s life a misery. I think that’s utterly ridiculous and completely removed from the truth. Thank you to those who’ve provided a little more balance, much appreciated. Obviously those who know me personally are completed miffed by the accusation.

My language is certainly a little livelier than it should be at times, I’ve admitted as much myself. But let’s be fair. Yes I’ve called one or two mods a cnut occasionally. No different to the language I’ve received back, GB you’re fond of calling me a cnut too. It’s not clever, but hell sometimes I swear at someone who is being patronising and condescending, questioning my parents ability to bring me up, treating me as if I’m beneath them. Then again, unlike alledged, I don’t hold grudges. I tried to discuss this privately with Wibble to put an end to the frostiness, which was going ok until he told me not to bother sending PM’s anymore because he wouldn’t read them. A request I’ve respected. My latest infraction for calling him a cnut is barmy, I was clearly joking with him (much like the ‘period’ comment I was also infracted for, again blatantly a joke taking deadly seriously for some reason and ‘punished’). I’ve not always got on with Marching, especially since I was banned for a few days for ridiculing Hillsborough, something that was absolutely fecking ludicrous; I’d never do and have never done that. It still appears on my infraction history. Regardless, I recently wished him well on his trip to the Monaco GP. Let’s not pretend this has been one way traffic, the way some of the mods have treated me at times has been at best unclassy. Others have treated me very well despite no doubt being a pain to them, and I appreciate that.

I’m not out to cause the mods grief, the vast majority will never have had a bad word said about them, many will have had very good words said, because as often as I’ve sometimes criticised things like bannings when it’s been less than obvious why it’s occurred, or friends have been canned and we haven’t been told. Others I’ve justified when asked, and I’ve also praised other aspects of the work they’ve done. This seems to be very quickly glossed over and forgotten for some reason. I’ve thought for some time ‘characters’ who make the site interesting are being binned off for little reason, and some overzealous moderating taking some of the fun out of the place, and yes I’ve made my opinion known, as I do on many other matters. I know it’s not always appreciated, but does it deserve to put me up there with the people who’ve been banned from this site for posting nude pictures, nasty racist remarks, etc? I don’t think so, but the decisions been made so that’s that. I think it could have been taken in the spirit intended a bit more often.

One thing I want to clear up – again. I never threatened FeedingSeagulls. I said his cards were marked. This was clearly in the context that one of my friends, quite unbeknown to me at the time, had laid into him for not paying me after I went out of my way to help him get a Euro away ticket. So as long as he posted on here, that might be something he just had to deal with. It was taken as a threat – and I was infracted, again – when it absolutely wasn’t the case. Having cleared this up since, I’m disappointed some of you are still claiming otherwise. I did call him a rat bastard that’s true, but then I doubt I’m getting sued for libel there.

I have one recommendation for the mods, if they’re willing to listen. I think more of you would do well to lead by example, and post the kind of quality in the football forum which will improve the site. I remember Marcos used to be reticent to post in there, because he felt he was shouted down. I remember defending him when Weaste was being a cock giving it all the OOT nonsense. Recently he’s posted far more, and the quality has been excellent, particularly the way he educated many condescending posters in the Maradona thread. Pogue is obviously a good example too, give or take the times he disappears up his own arse! Someone who has something to say, with thought behind it, and goes to the bother of fleshing it out to become a real debating point, creating interest, even if you don’t agree with his opinion. More of that, and less treating posters like they’re irritations who need to be micro managed and ‘punished’ all the time, and I think the place would be better for it.

My greatest punishment is that I will spend some of next season sat next to Noodle at OT; surely a fate that none of us deserve, despite our greatest ills. It will end up costing me a fortune, because as I’ve learnt, he never pays for his own grub. Or indeed anything. And my prospect of suffering gross burns has increased tenfold. Bad times.

Bye all
Nowhere near as good as the last one, I'm disappointed :D

CantonasWife

Queen B
Actually it has happened; however, it was purely by accident.

A fact that Brad informed me of himself and he was very concerned about the mishap.
Maybe I should've added that it's not something that would happen deliberately. In any event, we don't use each others accounts, and it should stop being implied that we do - specially by people that run the site as people tend to believe it then.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Maybe I should've added that it's not something that would happen deliberately. In any event, we don't use each others accounts, and it should stop being implied that we do - specially by people that run the site as people tend to believe it then.
Just make sure you log out, CW. :)

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Sad state of events indeed.

I bet half the infractions were not serious at all AND aren't they supposed to expire after a couple of months ?? Calling someone a cnut isn't worthy of an infraction...almost everyone has been called a cnut here.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

I bet half the infractions were not serious at all AND aren't they supposed to expire after a couple of months ?? Calling someone a cnut isn't worthy of an infraction...almost everyone has been called a cnut here.
yes, admins and mods are mean persons that give away unwarranted infractions

how many infractions have you recieved? was it that hard to stay within the boundaries of what's acceptable?

Lance Uppercut

You sound well informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.