g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

So then......who are the malcontents?

Devil may care

I'm not sure it's malcontents in the true meaning of the word, I think the greed of Pogba, Herrera and De Gea is probably causing ill feeling along with the ego of Lukaku, and of course it all started with giving Sanchez that ludicrous contract so we could "beat" City.

marktan

Pogba
De Gae
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic

They’re the rotten ones. All need to go now.

Then there’s the likes of Rashford, Martial, Lingard who just seem lazy/ not good enough.
Feck me, let's get rid of 4 of our best players over the last 2-3 seasons and keep the likes of Lingard, Young, Mata around

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I would sell Pogba for a feckload of cash and use that in part to fund a complete overhaul. Pogba, Lukaku, Alexis, Valencia, Young, Bailly, Rojo, Darmian et al can easily raise ridiculous funds to buy what we need.
I’m with you. Pogba is a luxury player, an incredibly talented one, but not versatile enough and not consistent enough to build a team around. He will fit in perfectly with a galacticos squad where he is not required to lead or be depended on to the same extent he is here. Sell him for loads of money and move on.

Reactions: Penna

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Why is Pogba toxic all of a sudden ? Never had this reputation in France and Italy.
And it's not like he played under Moyes and Van Gaal..
Maybe his 2 seasons under the most toxic person in the football world ( Mourinho ) changed him ? :lol:
I don’t think he is toxic at all, but imo he needs to be surrounded by big personalities and leaders to keep him focused on a consistent basis and that isn’t going to be United any time soon. He’s not the type of player you want for a struggle or re-build.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
The malcontents are the board and CEO. They are the enemy within the club. No player, no manager and no backroom team will compensate for that. It’s poison that seeps down from the top, and stains everything. It’s been here since the takeover, since the last days of Ferguson.

The stadium is looking shabby, while lots of other clubs are doing up or getting new ones. The heart is being drained from everyone- fans and team.

What I would give to see that prat Woody dragged out by his heels from Old Trafford, and a good boot in the arse heading down Matt Busby Way.

Champagne Football

Moments like today you realize the genius of Fergie who never paid a star double their worth knowing what it would do to the dressing room. Managers like Jose don't give a rats about the club and just want the short term success at any cost before fecking off with a truckload of cash.

The Sanchez signing has done more damage to the dressing room than any player before him. De Gea has become toxic by manipulating the club for his own gain. Putting in piss poor performances to try to force the board to pay him double his worth. Pogba also has only been good for 5 minutes for the past 3 years and somehow feels this entitles him to being paid the same as Messi. Herrera has jumped on the bandwagon and somehow thinks he's worth more than Busquets and Fernandinho despite stealing a living here for 5 years mostly on the bench.

Time for a cull and time to dump....
Pogba
De Gea
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic
Mata
Sanchez

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If he seems not bothered when the team is playing shite that means he is clearly not good enough. This is a fecking huge club, not a "please guys play well so I can be arsed" competition.

Other than 8-10 goals a season, the occasional dribble, why is he "clearly good enough?".
He played under 2 managers this season and has been 70% shite for both of them. Was tried as a winger, he sucked, was tried as an interchanging front guy, still sucked. Why do Martial fans insist he has the potential to be some football messiah?

Not trying to be a dick towards you personally, but you need to realize that Martial is just an average one trick pony. If his dribble fails then he;s dogshit. He can't defend, can't pressure, can't cross.

You can't forge a Man United career just by being a good finisher and having the occasional left-right dribble.
You're going from one extreme to another. You claim he 'sucked' at every position he's been played in, and that some of the people who want him think he's some messiah. Neither is true. He's just one of the few players who has shown he can be a player in the league. He hasn't shown it enough, and he's shown really crappy levels as well, but when you look at the team as a whole, the sad truth is he's one of the few who actually managed to string together performances that won this club points. He's nowhere near the main issue with this team. Some need to make their peace with the fact that this is a very average team, and no one is going to offload Martial for you with the wages he's been given by the board running this club (which I think many would agree are probably the biggest culprit in United's predicament over the last half-decade).

sugar_kane

I've not seen any comments on here about Pogba posting videos of him having dinner with Kurt Zouma days before the Everton game, bizarre behaviour.

He's either too dim to realise how bad this looks, or he doesn't give a shit how it looks. Doing it is one thing, showcasing it to the world is another entirely.

Re-signing him was a big mistake, he's been here three years and right now should be the best midfielder in the world and dragging our team to glory but I'd struggle to list ten significant positive memories of his time here.

Thiagoal

It's quite clear that some of our squad are egotistical idiots that think they are better than the standard we're playing currently! De Gea, Pogba and Martial are the obvious ones that look like selfish schoolboys on the pitch but I sense there are many more!

Get these bitches out of the squad and sign some players that have a team ethic and mentality to go with their talent! This is what Liverpool did with the likes of Salah, Mane and Firminho and look how they've progressed! I'm fed up of looking at them moping around like the world owes them a favour! Feck off out of our club!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I've not seen any comments on here about Pogba posting videos of him having dinner with Kurt Zouma days before the Everton game, bizarre behaviour.

He's either too dim to realise how bad this looks, or he doesn't give a shit how it looks. Doing it is one thing, showcasing it to the world is another entirely.

Re-signing him was a big mistake, he's been here three years and right now should be the best midfielder in the world and dragging our team to glory but I'd struggle to list ten significant positive memories of his time here.
Pogba is friends with everyone in football. It's not a surprise he is such a big marketing pull, he is a fantastic networker.

Schneckerl

Honestly, I think it's sometimes hard to tell from the outside who really cares. Some people just look naturally aloof. I expect Ole to know who doesn't put in the effort and get rid of them this summer.

Brazillian_tekkers

People are quick to blame Pogba but take his contribution out of the team and where does that leave us? He deserves fair criticism but it feels over the top considering what others get away with. The moment you depend on a single midfielder to win games and drag you throughout the season shows just where you are as a team. Ok, let's accept Pogba is the main problem here, why did the likes of Di Maria come here and struggle only to go to another team and find form again?

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Someone should make a mock up team of United's new 11 where our best players are sold, and where the best talents do not want to come to United (something always stated here).

Thiagoal

Someone should make a mock up team of United's new 11 where our best players are sold, and where the best talents do not want to come to United (something always stated here).
Our supposed 'best players' have been abysmal! We don't need to buy mercenaries; we need professionals that can develop their game and improve whilst giving their all for the club!

Treble

The malcontents are the board and CEO. They are the enemy within the club. No player, no manager and no backroom team will compensate for that. It’s poison that seeps down from the top, and stains everything. It’s been here since the takeover, since the last days of Ferguson.

The stadium is looking shabby, while lots of other clubs are doing up or getting new ones. The heart is being drained from everyone- fans and team.

What I would give to see that prat Woody dragged out by his heels from Old Trafford, and a good boot in the arse heading down Matt Busby Way.
Well said.

For most of those guys the club is just a huge business. It's this soulless, corporate mentality that poisens the atmosphere.

dogwithabone

Moments like today you realize the genius of Fergie who never paid a star double their worth knowing what it would do to the dressing room. Managers like Jose don't give a rats about the club and just want the short term success at any cost before fecking off with a truckload of cash.

The Sanchez signing has done more damage to the dressing room than any player before him. De Gea has become toxic by manipulating the club for his own gain. Putting in piss poor performances to try to force the board to pay him double his worth. Pogba also has only been good for 5 minutes for the past 3 years and somehow feels this entitles him to being paid the same as Messi. Herrera has jumped on the bandwagon and somehow thinks he's worth more than Busquets and Fernandinho despite stealing a living here for 5 years mostly on the bench.

Pogba
De Gea
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic
Mata
Sanchez
Why or how is Rashford not on this list ? A string of pathetic, listless performances and 10, yes 10, goals all season. Did f*ck all again today.

Dr. StrangeHate

It’s just a shame that some of the ones that do want to play for us are not at the level they should be.
May be there is a hint in that. If Pogba goes to Madrid and becomes the best midfielder for the next 5 years. Will any of us be surprised? May be Pogba and De Gea know nothing is gonna change at this club and want out. There is something seriously wrong at the club. I wouldn't want to be a talent like Salah, de bruyne, mbappe and be at United.

PeteManic

Pogba will be off to RM this summer with Hazard. And Neymar next summer. Goodbye.
Matic needs to go.
Lukaku regardless of lack of attitude is simply not good enough.
Herrera has obviously been frozen out. Goodbye.
De Gea has been awful this year. I think he'll be off this summer as well.
Sanchez is taking the piss.
Mata regardless of how handsome or nice he is is not good enough either.

I'd sell them all over the next whatever number of windows and target 1 or 2 new signings each window and fill the gaps by playing academy players. At least they would run about.

PeteManic

Why or how is Rashford not on this list ? A string of pathetic, listless performances and 10, yes 10, goals all season. Did f*ck all again today.
Rashford's issue is form. He is playing crap and trying too hard. The first chance he got today he tried to run it and hit it with the outside of his right foot. Bad decision making due to lack of form. Nothing more.

Seth.R

There’s a lot of players at this club who think they’re better than they really are.

I’m of the belief that only David De Gea can back himself as a world class star (been a rocky season but he’s proven his worth). If he’s on board and wants to stay, I’ll back him to the hilt.

As Ole said, a lot of players need a reality check. It’s no good living off form from when you first joined, and taking it easy now that fans rate you.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If they're all professional athletes, they should all be malcontents. Who wants to be in this position? Being malcontent should be part of the process of turning this around, but it's the next step that's more important and I'm not seeing a lot of players from this team making that step.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can understand players like Rashford, Martial, Pogba etc having an off day in terms of effort because they have the natural ability to play at 80% and still look good but I don't understand the likes of Smalling, Jones, Young, Fred, so on and so forth having low effort.

They are barely clinging onto life at United and if they don't perform at least to their ability the next stop in their careers is going to be mid table morose or relegation battles and they'd never ever step in a stadium like the Nou camp or Bernabau without paying a ticket.

DFreshKing

I think the malcontent has come from what we have given not what we have not given. How we can give extensions to Jones and Young this season is beyond me. Tells all the other players performances mean zip.

Imagine what good players are thinking if they are getting contracts - you would assume you could ask for the earth and it would be granted if you could actually play the fecking game. Mediocre players have been getting away with murder for years so why should higher quality players bother?

wolvored

malcontent
a person who is dissatisfied and rebellious.
"it was too late to stop the malcontents with a show of force"
synonyms: troublemaker, mischief-maker, agitator, dissentient, dissident, rebel; More
discontent, complainer, grumbler, moaner, fault-finder, carper;
informalstirrer, grouch, grouser, griper, nitpicker, bellyacher, beefer;
informalwhinger;
informalkvetch
"the trouble was caused by a group of malcontents"
adjective
adjective: malcontent
dissatisfied and complaining or rebellious.
"the malcontent generals saw their role as leaders of this counter-revolution"
synonyms: disaffected, discontented, dissatisfied, disgruntled; More

That could be anyone who wants to hold the club to ransom instead of agreeing a decent pay packet and proving they deserve it, so you can go from Rashford, De Gea, Herrera and Mata money wise at the moment, and every single player who doesnt try hard enough in training and then brings that malaise to the pitch on match day. In a nutshell its 90% of the players.

Swearing Budgie

I don't think we should ever, ever try to keep hold of a player who doesn't want to be here. Nothing good will ever come of it.

Devil81

Where do you start!

De Gea - Wouldn't say trouble causer, I'd just say he wants to leave and see this summer as the summer as his opportunity. I'd imagine the whole Ole situation has swayed his head a little but I'm actually suspecting the decline in performance could be an attempt to use the none qualification for Champions league as an excuse. I actually believe players have done this at other clubs in the past and it's something I suspect of a few United players this summer.

Lukaku - Just as bigger investment as Pogba was and yet he doesn't seem to have any attribute, other than his size that benefits the team. His agent has been hinting at a move as well. Well Romelu, you know where the door is.

Sanchez - Huge mistake, over the hill and overpaid. Him breaking our wage structure has destroyed all contract negotiations at the club.

Pogba - Mr Instagram!! everything is for the camera and attention, remember the day he was spotted practising his celebration during the warm-up. Believes he's bigger than the club due to his world profile and the desperation the club put into getting him back at all costs.

Martial - Mr poor attitude, Mourinho spotted it, Ole is just discovering it. He's a low life cheat in real life and I believe his overall attitude to his career is poor as well. Won't be at United long and I doubt his career will ever reach the level it actually should do. Used to be shocked when he didn't make the French squad, now I just don't believe he's good enough to play for them.

Last edited:

ti vu

As much as I love Pogba, it seems that he's a problem in the dressing room.
I think Matic wants out too, he's playing like he did when he wanted to leave Chelsea.
I doubt that Lukaku's posturing for a new contract whilst being benched and playing like crap has impressed behind the scenes.
Alexis........massive mistake in signing that lad, many of these issues go back to his signing and absurd contract. Players now think they deserve more money because he's earning so much and doing nothing.
De Gea, he wants insane wages or out.

Anyone else?
You failed to see the bigger picture if after all this time, it's just the players or managers. The issue lies at who enables such dressing room to exist. Very first sign was when Rooney being our best paid and captain despite one feet out of the door at the end of SAF final season. SAF's culture, leadership hierarchy was up side down in one move.

dogwithabone

Rashford's issue is form. He is playing crap and trying too hard. The first chance he got today he tried to run it and hit it with the outside of his right foot. Bad decision making due to lack of form. Nothing more.

You can stick that label on all of them though can’t you ? We know they’re all good footballers but why does Rashford’s form get him off the hook when it doesn’t allow the same excuse to others ?

wolvored

He has been 'out of form' for a lot of games in his career then

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You failed to see the bigger picture if after all this time, it's just the players or managers. The issue lies at who enables such dressing room to exist. Very first sign was when Rooney being our best paid and captain despite one feet out of the door at the end of SAF final season. SAF's culture, leadership hierarchy was up side down in one move.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Poor leadership that allows players to run amok.

ti vu

Pogba
De Gea
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic
Mata
Sanchez
:houllier:

As if Mourinho did the negotiation with players in regarding of wage.

How about you explaining this for everyone?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ns-new-deal-with-manchester-united-until-2024

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Somehow the rest are stringing us along giving us hope, but CL is gone.

Watch the next two games go to new depths, then bench the lot of them and use Huddersfield away and Cardiff home to see what we can get from the likes of Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, Chong and Greenwood.

I'd sort out the Herrera situation, no idea what he is asking for but he has always given 100% and is quality, one of the few in our squad with that mix.

georgieworst

Could we instead arrange for him to be whipped naked through the streets of Kings Landing whilst Septa Unella utters the word "shame" after every stroke of the lash?

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Did i stumble into the noobies section.......what the actual feck haha

De Gea is the best keeper in the world when playing well and i haven't seen anything about him being toxic. He's had a below (his, still better than most)average season and a couple clangers. How is his agent working for better wages being toxic. Do you honestly think Aguero's agent is talking to the City board and saying feck it mate, ill play for free, indentured servitude is the life for me!!!!! Is he feck, grow up. De Gea has been the best player in his position in world football for about 3-4 seasons, he has the right to ask for high wages, and people suggesting we cant meet them are delusional, we could pay him 1mill a week and not bat an eye lid.

Pogba and Rashford are still actually trying for the most part, they get about more than most and Pogba is one of the only players still wanting the ball, and how many times does e look for something to do with it and have to turn back and then shout at people for hiding behind the opposition. Granted Pogba gets frustrated and loses his head, but he's working with what might as well be a championship side at times. Get him the support he needs and deserves and he's world class, as Gnev pointed out, its not specifically him he's even worried most about.

Lukaku, who gets firmly placed in the pocket of Michael fecking Keane is a bigger worry. The guys half his size, not as quick and shorter....a wooden plank woudl have better control of the ball than Lukaku.

Martial, spent the game playing a gameboy on the bus didnt he? i certainly didnt see him on the pitch.

And for the second game in a row, our centre backs look like Moses just turned up with his parting of the seas trick.

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble. Drop players liek De gea and Pogba and your looking at buying a full 11, competing against people offering same high wages and a better team to play with....good fecking luck with that.

crossy1686

career ending
Realistically, if we dumped 6 players we could sign at least 6. Right now the only criteria for new players is that they run and want to play for Manchester United. Surely there's a couple out there?