So then......who are the malcontents?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I second this. All Solskjær has to do is tell the team before they leave for the summer break that there will be no pay rises and no new contracts for anyone until they've reached their targets for next season and anyone who wants to leave for another club needs to have their agent inform him before July.

Sell the ones that aren't good enough any more and promote the kids as well as buy literally anyone who can fit the system Solskjær wants to play.
Genius. Probably works in league two but all itll do at united is see pogba n de gea instantly say theyll go then thanks very much

Classical Mechanic

Is malcontent a word we’ve derived from french (sounds it, I’m sure mal is bad in french). Was that deliberate? ;)
No, I thought it the most appropriate word in the light of Ole's comments that he's not sure if some players even want to play for the club and that was the reason for the anaemic performance yesterday.

noun
plural noun: malcontents
  1. a person who is dissatisfied and rebellious.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
No, I thought it the most appropriate word in the light of Ole's comments that he's not sure if some players even want to play for the club and that was the reason for the anaemic performance yesterday.

noun
plural noun: malcontents
  1. a person who is dissatisfied and rebellious.
I understand the meaning and yes it’s very apt. Just though you’d used an English word derived from french as a reference to our french players.

crossy1686

career ending
Genius. Probably works in league two but all itll do at united is see pogba n de gea instantly say theyll go then thanks very much
And? We've lost far, far better players and been absolutely fine. If they're interested in a pay day and not up for the challenge ahead then there's the door, see you later.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I don't know if it's specifically one or more players or what. However, before the match I read something which I dismissed as the usual nonsense, but now I wonder if there's a grain of truth somewhere.

It basically stated that our 'cliquey' Spanish trio are not happy as they believe the club favours the English players in the team hence why they got contract renewals. The difference being the English contingent were obviously not proving as difficult to negotiate with I would think.
Also said that Herrera is close to Sanchez who has had some tantrums that has surprised staff. Pogba is apparently in the middle of things because he seems to get on with everyone basically, and he's uncomfortable with the situation.

Clearly we don't know if the above is all true, but I have wondered about the clear English/British tone being set in place. I believe Ole needs to be careful about this and not let Phelan influence him too much in this respect. It also sucks that the media always blames the foreign players and leave others out of the equation. Neville does it a lot. I can bet some players think they're unfairly targeted even if they haven't been the worse on the pitch. I don't know, I can see stuff like that creating resentment amongst a group. Clearly that\s not the greatest issue, but something has gone wrong with the dynamics in that dressing room imho.
They should come on here to see the stick that Jones, Smalling and Young get, might make them feel a bit better about the English players!

Classical Mechanic

I understand the meaning and yes it’s very apt. Just though you’d used an English word derived from french as a reference to our french players.
I wouldn’t be that cryptic! I’m not sure Martial is included either. He’s just put his feet up after getting his big contract. I don’t think he’s looking for a move or more money.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Personally I think the first thing to do is get rid of the players who've been there under all the post SAF managers. Apart from Carrick and Dave, none of them has the required talent, leadership skills nor mentality needed. They are senior players so have a big influence in the dressing room. Is it any wonder we're so shit. None of Young, Smalling, Jones were ever key influencers under SAF, so no wonder we're foundering. However, they are English with a former teammate on the coaching staff so I guess it's wishful thinking they'd be moved aside. Ole needs to think carefully and not fall into that trap.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I wouldn’t be that cryptic! I’m not sure Martial is included either. He’s just put his feet up after getting his big contract. I don’t think he’s looking for a move or more money.
Yeah, gave you way too much there credit mate :lol:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Did i stumble into the noobies section.......what the actual feck haha

De Gea is the best keeper in the world when playing well and i haven't seen anything about him being toxic. He's had a below (his, still better than most)average season and a couple clangers. How is his agent working for better wages being toxic. Do you honestly think Aguero's agent is talking to the City board and saying feck it mate, ill play for free, indentured servitude is the life for me!!!!! Is he feck, grow up. De Gea has been the best player in his position in world football for about 3-4 seasons, he has the right to ask for high wages, and people suggesting we cant meet them are delusional, we could pay him 1mill a week and not bat an eye lid.

Pogba and Rashford are still actually trying for the most part, they get about more than most and Pogba is one of the only players still wanting the ball, and how many times does e look for something to do with it and have to turn back and then shout at people for hiding behind the opposition. Granted Pogba gets frustrated and loses his head, but he's working with what might as well be a championship side at times. Get him the support he needs and deserves and he's world class, as Gnev pointed out, its not specifically him he's even worried most about.

Lukaku, who gets firmly placed in the pocket of Michael fecking Keane is a bigger worry. The guys half his size, not as quick and shorter....a wooden plank woudl have better control of the ball than Lukaku.

Martial, spent the game playing a gameboy on the bus didnt he? i certainly didnt see him on the pitch.

And for the second game in a row, our centre backs look like Moses just turned up with his parting of the seas trick.

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble. Drop players liek De gea and Pogba and your looking at buying a full 11, competing against people offering same high wages and a better team to play with....good fecking luck with that.
I can get on board with this, but if we are going to keep Pogba, we need to bring high character leader(s) who aren't scared of the pressure of this club or who aren't afraid to take control of the room. I don't care how talented Pogba is, he simply isn't the guy you want leading the locker room, not because he is a bad guy or toxic etc., because I really don't think that is the case, but he's simply a front runner and doesn't have the grit needed to will this team out of struggles. When things are going well, he's at the front of the line performing at his best, but when things get bumpy he shrinks each and every time.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I’m surprised so many people are turning on De Gea. He’s stuck with us through years of mediocrity, not surprisingly he seems to have finally had enough.
Agreed, he's just going through a prolonged stint of bad form, but in no way would I believe that he is a malcontent; that being said, if someone came to United with the huge offer for him, I wouldn't mind letting him go, as we have bigger needs than goalie at this point in which to use that $.

Denis79

I got the feeling the squad has several "camps" in the squad. Piss one of them off the whole posse goes goes on strike.

United Hobbit

It probably doesn't help we are giving players like Jones and Young new contracts when they aren't good enough. Of course they will sign they probably cant believe their luck. It would be interested to know when they started negotiations with Herrera etc as they are of United quality. If it was after the above what does that say to them? Players who arent as good as you but it's more important to sort their contract before yours.

I agree a lot of the players are spineless but we arent helping ourselves

That being said Sir Alex was very much of the view no one player is bigger than the club look at Beckham for example

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I got the feeling the squad has several "camps" in the squad. Piss one of them off the whole posse goes goes on strike.
Yes. People catching feelings over petty shit can be unbelievably disruptive when you are supposed to work together. Imagine you are right, and two players who are supposed to take responsibility and bond professionally to learn each others moves on the pitch to play fluently, and they aren't doing it. Because Pog said that Martial was lazy when Rash thinks that Pogba should have passed to him and Matic made a joke that Lingard didn't like and... Shut the feck up. I do imagine bullshit like that is going on every day. They have not been guided well and it has become a culture of distractions. We might not need to sell all of them but we need to break up the groups and keep those willing to take responsibility and be not only professional but also grown ups.