So then......who are the malcontents?

dogwithabone

Pogba is clearly the target of Neville’s ire. I’d guess Lukaku, Martial, Matic, Lingard, Sanchez, Rashford and Fred are others who he is referring to.

Defenders will always get off a bit more lightly because their natural commitment will cover deficiencies as a footballer. The attackers are the big earners, the game changers and nothing will p*ss off a fan more than a £300,000 a week player with a half arsed attitude.

Fluctuation0161

Pogba and de Gea definitely. Herrera has been treated shockingly by the club, but the situation is retrievable with him until the ink is dry on the PSG contract.

Many of the rest are just lazy or not good enough - it's Pogba and de Gea who are toxic in the dressing room.
De gea is a harsh one to add to that list.

tanikozo

De Gea looks legitimately depressed everytime the camera pans to him. I don't know if it's because of his horrible performances as of late or because he wants out but you can see that existential dread in his eyes. As for Alexis I can't agree he doesn't show passion. Whenever he plays he tries his best even though it seems he has suddenly turned into a horrible player since he moved here. Come to think of it most good players regress when they come here the last couple of years.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is how jones young smailing manages to stay beyond 10 years. Play well near contract extension, play shit to get the manager sacked, new manager another 3 years clean slate and another contract.

Bojan11

This is how jones young smailing manages to stay beyond 10 years. Play well near contract extension, play shit to get the manager sacked, new manager another 3 years clean slate and another contract.
Don’t worry Rashford is working on this method too. Expect a hatttick against City and Woodward the buffoon to react with a 250k a week contract.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
... de Gea who are toxic in the dressing room.
What is this based on, though? De Gea was linked with a move to Madrid in the past, too — yet there were never any credible reports painting him as a locker-room nuisance (always put his head down and returned to his normal level once the waves of unrest had passed). As far as I can tell as an outsider, there are two major issues concerning David at this moment in time, and while they need to resolved, neither point to him being a malcontent:
  • As the club POTY of 4 of the last 5 seasons, he justifiably feels that he should be compensated as well as our highest earners (specifically Sánchez: whose contributions to the club are dwarfed by De Gea). Most of us would feel the same in his position as a professional, especially considering he isn't actually winning a lot for all his heroics and impeccable form in recent seasons (relative to what he could have won with Madrid if he had left under Louis).
  • First run of poor form since the early debacles under Fergie — however, form is temporary and class is permanent, at least in a proverbial sense, and he will recover. Yet the knives are out and tonnes of supporters have already turned on him, and there are snide and unsubstantiated allusions of him slacking because “his heart's not in it”...which is amusing in an ironic way because they expect unwavering loyalty from players who often treat football as a normal job, and accordingly form calculated decisions regarding their careers.
P.S. He has publicly apologized for the Everton defeat as well (yes, words don't mean much as De Gea himself points out, but he always comes across as the type of character who takes a lot of pride in what he does and tends to give his all as a professional)...

Will Singh

Get rid of Pogba ASAP followed by Alexis as those 2 fecked up a lot of shit for us. Then De Gea as he wants to leave and we have good cover who can do a good job for us.

Then get rid Smalling, Jones and Young as what they are anywhere near a United shirt is madness. Lukaku, Lingaurd and Matic are lazy cnuts and can feck off also.

Rojo - Sell
Darmian - Sell
Bailly - Sell
Valencia - Sell
There are others who I could add but these lot will generate a decent amount of revenue for us to play with. The question is is Ole the right guy to rebuild literally an entire squad?

Kammy26

Get rid of Pogba ASAP followed by Alexis as those 2 fecked up a lot of shit for us. Then De Gea as he wants to leave and we have good cover who can do a good job for us.

Then get rid Smalling, Jones and Young as what they are anywhere near a United shirt is madness. Lukaku, Lingaurd and Matic are lazy cnuts and can feck off also.

Rojo - Sell
Darmian - Sell
Bailly - Sell
Valencia - Sell
There are others who I could add but these lot will generate a decent amount of revenue for us to play with. The question is is Ole the right guy to rebuild literally an entire squad?
Pogba and De Gea may leave. However young, Jones, smalling will be going no where they have just signed new contracts as for Sanchez I doubt anyone will pay him what we are paying him so he won’t be going anywhere either.

I have seen fans on here expecting whole sale changes over the summer, it’s just not going to happen. I will be genuinely surprised if we sign more then 3 players this summer, even then who’s to say they will be successful, they may need time to adapt.

I think we are stuck with most of these players unfortunately

captain666

I second this. All Solskjær has to do is tell the team before they leave for the summer break that there will be no pay rises and no new contracts for anyone until they've reached their targets for next season and anyone who wants to leave for another club needs to have their agent inform him before July.

Sell the ones that aren't good enough any more and promote the kids as well as buy literally anyone who can fit the system Solskjær wants to play.
This would be an excellent start to the purge,there are precious few first team players who should not be put up for sale this summer.

Tony Babangida

I’m surprised so many people are turning on De Gea. He’s stuck with us through years of mediocrity, not surprisingly he seems to have finally had enough.

Red_toad

Pogba
De Gae
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic

They’re the rotten ones. All need to go now.

Then there’s the likes of Rashford, Martial, Lingard who just seem lazy/ not good enough.
Never ever would have thought anyone would tag Jesse as lazy, nor Rashford. But day after a defeat so the Caf wants to burn the club in its entirety.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Lukaku. Ever since we stopped singing about his large you-know-what, he’s really been stinking up the place.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't know if it's specifically one or more players or what. However, before the match I read something which I dismissed as the usual nonsense, but now I wonder if there's a grain of truth somewhere.

It basically stated that our 'cliquey' Spanish trio are not happy as they believe the club favours the English players in the team hence why they got contract renewals. The difference being the English contingent were obviously not proving as difficult to negotiate with I would think.
Also said that Herrera is close to Sanchez who has had some tantrums that has surprised staff. Pogba is apparently in the middle of things because he seems to get on with everyone basically, and he's uncomfortable with the situation.

Clearly we don't know if the above is all true, but I have wondered about the clear English/British tone being set in place. I believe Ole needs to be careful about this and not let Phelan influence him too much in this respect. It also sucks that the media always blames the foreign players and leave others out of the equation. Neville does it a lot. I can bet some players think they're unfairly targeted even if they haven't been the worse on the pitch. I don't know, I can see stuff like that creating resentment amongst a group. Clearly that\s not the greatest issue, but something has gone wrong with the dynamics in that dressing room imho.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I too worry that the English/British emphasis means a continuation of the 'jobs for the boys' approach which has stifled us for some years now (IMO, at least).

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I too worry that the English/British emphasis means a continuation of the 'jobs for the boys' approach which has stifled us for some years now (IMO, at least).
Yeah agreed. It's not good. Another reason I wish those on the board would get some outside advice imho. Don't want Phelan suggesting British only players even if they're dross and rejecting 'foreigners'. Ole needs to be more canny about this. There's also a clear bias for e.g. towards Rash imho. I love him, but whether he does well or not, it seems he's still favoured. It's not really good...... Ole needs to be clever about things and not fall into the all British trap.

ship50

Don't think De Gea is a malcontent. He wants increased pay, perhaps more than the club is willing to offer and so, he wants to leave. He also wants to win some big titles and thinks he won't be able to do that here. Fair enough. But if we can't pay, we need to let him go. No good keeping a dissatisfied player even if he is one of the best.

Pogba is an enigma to me. Lots of skill and talent. Did well for Juve and does well for France. When it comes to us, he is very inconsistent. Wants improved wages but I don't feel he has done as much as De Gea to deserve the money. Since RM and Zidane want him (supposedly), I think we should cash on. Some here say that he needs to be surrounded by top players to deliver his best. Clearly, we can't give him that setup here, at least for now. Better to have someone who can perform with the players we have. It is good when a player is an enigma for the opposition. Not good when he becomes one for his own team and manager.

Lukaku perhaps doesn't want to leave but he is not showing the value. Martial may have loads of talent but I'm still waiting to see them on pitch. Rashford is not reliable when we need goals but he is a local so what can I say except hope that he will improve.

Sanchez... I was so thrilled when he signed. Now I wonder where the real player has gone. He will leave but we will remember him for a long time for the wage mess. Matic, Mata, Young, Valencia.... all past their prime.

No malcontents here. Just a group of apathetic players who have lost the apetite for success because they are being fed too much money with little responsibility or care towards the club, the shirt and the fans. We can get rid of some of them but many shall still remain and 'inspire' the newcomers/younger ones to follow them.

I am not very good at football strategy or tactical setup things but if things are not going well on the pitch, some senior 'world class' players can at least try to make things right by improvising, taking initiative. I don't see a leader in this group. Perhaps everything is manager's fault. That is the easiest solution. Let us change the manager once more.

Extremely sorry for this somewhat 'rantsome' post. I'm usually not like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveJ

POF

I second this. All Solskjær has to do is tell the team before they leave for the summer break that there will be no pay rises and no new contracts for anyone until they've reached their targets for next season and anyone who wants to leave for another club needs to have their agent inform him before July.

Sell the ones that aren't good enough any more and promote the kids as well as buy literally anyone who can fit the system Solskjær wants to play.
That would be great if half the squad wasn't moving into the last few years of their contracts so the club has zero power. If they don't perform, they'll just go somewhere else for peanuts and it will cost another £150m a season just to get players in of a similar level.

But not to worry, the club can just blood the kids from the u23s. The step up to the EPL and Champions League from midtable in the 2nd tier of the u23 league under the expert tutelage of Ricky Sbragia is only a minor step. If the players can't make it with that pathway they only have themselves to blame.

Interval

Level
All this nonsense on players being the problem is so shallow and ill thought of. Has anyone one of you worked at an organization where you feel that the top hierarchy is clueless? Where your bosses just dont understand what it needs to be successful? That you're wasting important years of your career not giving your best because it seems like the system isn't working properly? I've been in one and it's almost robotic instinct to rebel or float around not giving your best because the place doesnt ask for anything better and your colleagues are doing the same.

Understandably, some will have a lower threshold down their tools and some have higher. Some have lower thresholds to get angry and whine and some dont. Point being that its easy to point fingers at non performers, replace them. But you will get the same results. And if anything the last 5 years have shown is exactly that. Players, managers, coaches, etc everything has changed except a clueless top hierarchy. And it shows.

You can tell players to shut it and perform when you have given all the tools for success but they're acting like babies. We did that under Fergie. Dont get me wrong, I ain't defending some of the idiots in our squad, but we cant keep banging our heads doing the same shit season after failed season and expect better results. Blame train starts with lack of signings, moves to managers and then players. No - lack of money isn't the issue, neither are managers or players now.

Like LVG said it, we are a commercial entity than a football club. Until we change that or find a great great manager who can shield the players from that, nothing will change. Can we find such a manager? Possibly. But I wont hold my breath.

Naming a Technical director wont change shit until the powers be relinquish some of their powers. Again, I'm not holding my breath.

Nakhon Phanom

This is the same group of players who won 10 out of Ole,s first 11 games in charge and now have lost 6 out of the last 8....absolutely shocking.
Too many prima donnas in the squad who just turn up when they like it.
The two main offenders for me are Pogba and Martial whose facial expression looks like he deserves a good slap.
Matic...he,s just awful.The only effort he puts in is when he goes to the bank to draw out his wages....Mike Phelan would be a better bet than him in midfield.
Lukaku...only scores against the poorer teams and knows he,s on the way out...cant be arsed now.
Sanchez,s wages (not necessarily the player) have been a big cause of discontent imo.
Ed Woodward for his lack of footballing knowledge and being a smug prat wont go down well with the players.
I wouldnt blame de Gea or Herrera for a moment if they wanted out.They have both been loyal servants to the club and I dont think either are the sort to stir up things in the dressing room.
Jones,Young and Fred dont look to be shit stirrers either....just not good enough.

clarkydaz

You failed to see the bigger picture if after all this time, it's just the players or managers. The issue lies at who enables such dressing room to exist. Very first sign was when Rooney being our best paid and captain despite one feet out of the door at the end of SAF final season. SAF's culture, leadership hierarchy was up side down in one move.
People go on about sanchez but woodward really started it all with that rooney 5 year contract. Rewarding mediocracy due to value to the club, Instead of the footaball team

UpWithRivers

I really don't understand it. If they want out or a new contract then why down tools. What are Real/Barca/PSG whoever thinking now? Surely they will not want these players now. I think we will be lucky to get 60 for Pogba at this rate.

Pav1878

Why is De Gea toxic all of a sudden? He’s had a few bad performances but he is the least of our problems.

Pogba on the other hand...
Reports suggest he and Pogba are the ones who want an increase in wages to counter the 25% drop the squad will receive if they don't get top four

Smores

I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba had made it clear he wants to leave. I've thought since his first public tantrums that he'd carry on til he eventually left. It'll kick off very shortly again.

Martial is probably the target of Ole's ire though. He's just not united mentality and think he'll end up wishing Jose had stayed at least blame was diverted then. Suddenly are fans are turning on him

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Imo you should get rid asap: Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Lingard, Smalling, Young, Pereira. Would like to see how Sanchez would fare with more professional team mates but his wages are too high.

Forgot to add Rojo, Valência, Darmian etc

Damn, you have so many leeches in your club :houllier:

hungrywing

What is this based on, though? De Gea was linked with a move to Madrid in the past, too — yet there were never any credible reports painting him as a locker-room nuisance (always put his head down and returned to his normal level once the waves of unrest had passed). As far as I can tell as an outsider, there are two major issues concerning David at this moment in time, and while they need to resolved, neither point to him being a malcontent:
  • As the club POTY of 4 of the last 5 seasons, he justifiably feels that he should be compensated as well as our highest earners (specifically Sánchez: whose contributions to the club are dwarfed by De Gea). Most of us would feel the same in his position as a professional, especially considering he isn't actually winning a lot for all his heroics and impeccable form in recent seasons (relative to what he could have won with Madrid if he had left under Louis).
  • First run of poor form since the early debacles under Fergie — however, form is temporary and class is permanent, at least in a proverbial sense, and he will recover. Yet the knives are out and tonnes of supporters have already turned on him, and there are snide and unsubstantiated allusions of him slacking because “his heart's not in it”...which is amusing in an ironic way because they expect unwavering loyalty from players who often treat football as a normal job, and accordingly form calculated decisions regarding their careers.
P.S. He has publicly apologized for the Everton defeat as well (yes, words don't mean much as De Gea himself points out, but he always comes across as the type of character who takes a lot of pride in what he does and tends to give his all as a professional)...
Bolded part is very important.

Tl;dr, as you suspect, DDG is not one of the 'trouble makers'. He has an extremely particular/peculiar reason behind the current contract talk.

Right now there is very likely a schism between players who have the right attitude and several higher-profile players who do not, compounded by the latter group basing themselves on the 'came through the youth' claim with a bunch of players stuck in between in a complex venn diagram of personalities.

Rule of thumb roughly being: if SAF signed them they have unquestionable character, end of story. This includes the likes of Young and Jones. If SAF didn't and or he let them go, then it's case-by-case or in Pogba's case, on the extreme opposite of the spectrum. Regarding the case-by-case exceptions who are still at the club, we have Mata, Sanchez and Dalot to name a few. (Mentality-wise, Sanchez is fine. One would hope that it's obvious that he's giving his all whenever he's on the pitch.)

Pogba's mentality was exposed as soon as he signed and his wages revealed. I posted a couple of times regarding a unique foible of elite-level character with absolutely zero expectation that anyone on the caf would recognize or understand it, but what happens when an elite-level player with the 'right' attitude is that they take LESS money. We kind of saw it with Berbatov and his 'I had a bigger offer from City but lol' So as soon as it was revealed that Pogba signed at 290k p/w, everyone who knows about these things had it re-affirmed that he had the wrong mentality. As soon as you didn't see Pogba actively engaging the media about his 140k p/w wages and talking about 'you don't come here for the money' 'I would never disrespect the club's roots by coming for money' 'I was offered 290k p/w but with respect to Mr. Woodward I asked for less money because I'm here to help rebuild the club and anything else is not my business' etc - and those are the types of things you hear actual real top-level performers say when they take pay-cuts to join organizations that they believe in.

It's actually also related to what drove SAF's 'no value in the market' rhetoric (which is also a whole other kettle of fish as SAF was waging a one-man war against agent-power and inflating transfer fees on behalf of the entire footballing world.)

In the upper echelons of any profession, it's an extremely useful and effective barometer in judging a person's overall character: 'Being paid what I'm worth' vs that top-top-top-tier 'I don't give a shit about that'. To 99% of the world, the former looks fine and results in the 'he's our best player he should be paid that much/agents negotiate based on social-media and calculated image rights etc.' You get doctors, lawyers etc 'being paid what they're worth' and to the 98% of the population it looks fine. But to that elite 1%, the former is utterly, utterly riseable. And the true mechanics behind that sort of behavior is literally impossible for the 99% and below to grasp, even though they can praise and recognize the end-result: 'Oh he took a pay-cut to join his boyhood club', etc. And that's where a club like this can run into problems if that tight margin is mismanaged.

Right now among the playing staff there are people who signed up to the club because it represented certain values (and of course because they'd be competitively paid) and newly signed members who are not singing from the same hymn sheet and who are making things worse when they re-up their contracts. DDG here (and Herrera TBF) is an exception because he's been put between a rock and a hard place due to Woodward: take lesser wages vs the diva/problem players the way his attitude/professionalism dictates vs the knowledge that he's in a position to combat the problem players by taking commensurate wages and establishing a top-position in the pecking order.

Same thing you'd see in any job. Put oneself in DDG's shoes. What do I do? I've been here since before these idiots prancing around like they own the place, signed by a man who I still deeply respect to do a particular job according to a certain standard and set of values. My choices are: a) try and send a message by taking less money, but everything I know says that will do nothing to combat the problematic players unless I make some sort of public statement, which I shouldn't have to do; that's upper management's job, and b) take similar or higher pay to try and leverage that towards a certain position of influence in the dressing room, but which goes against everything I signed up for in the first place.

It's a crazy choice.

It's right for anyone to worry about this sort of 'favoritism'; but there's a chance Solskjaer is trying to re-create the 'British Core' to establish a 'why play anywhere else' mental element at the club. It's part common sense and part a holdover from when the club could hoover up UK talent to go toe-to-toe with their continental giants (before Chelsea/City changed things). The latter can definitely problematic with regards to a meritocracy if pursued blindly. But if it's done with a specific purpose, then it's harder to discuss, particularly in our current situation.

That being said, his hands are tied - as Mourinho's were - because of Woodward's wanton handling of contracts. That creates situations that would take novella-length posts to fully describe but which boil down to the fact that Woodward has created a culture of desperation at the club. That word 'desperation' might seem out of place to the average fan, and unfortunately, Einstein's famous quote notwithstanding there's no good way to explain it to anyone who doesn't understand it well innately.

His 'throwing money at the problem' creates a myriad of psychological issues within the organization - in this case, a footballing club - the outbranching tendrils of which we see expressed on the forums in the form of 'attitude problems', 'wage imbalance', etc.

It's a mess caused by Woodward. Everything - from 'are our scouts blind' to any managerial consideration to 're-establish a 'British/UK core' - comes from his desperate flailing and consequent allowing of a mercenarial element to creep into the club culture.

Regarding a relatively simple matter of 'establishing a British Core', this turns that simple matter of 'establishing a British core' into who's-being-paid-what-and-are-we-creating-another-narrative-based-on-passports. It puts extreme pressure on managers to try and juggle way more than they should have to.

The_Bloods

He's no longer even the best 'keeper at the club, he's nowhere near 'world class', yet he's after a contract which would make him by far the highest paid 'keeper in the game.

He was always a one-dimensioned 'keeper and his reactions have gone. Is this distraction, is it a permanent decline? Whatever it is, he thinks he's bigger than he is and needs dropping.

As for the tweets - nicely managed by his PR people, I'd suggest. All very well saying 'as captain' - what did he actually do to inspire the team whilst wearing the armband?

He's holding the club to ransom over his contract, which will certainly be a bad influence in the dressing room, especially as the rest of the team know he's costing them points with his mistakes.

Classical Mechanic

I don’t think that’s true at all.

We still play Jones and Smalling because the foreign signings we’ve made to replace them aren’t that good. Young still plays because foreign signings Valencia, Rojo, Darmian and Dalot are not very good players and/or defenders. The non-British signings in Lukaku and Martial have statistically proven to be two of the laziest players in the league. We’ve now have three players unhappy with their contracts because of paying a foreign signing obscene wages who now seems more interested in promoting his brand of dog food than he does playing for United. The three players unhappy with their contracts are all foreign: De Gea, Lukaku and Pogba, the latter two flirting with other clubs ahead of the biggest games of our season. The player that Mourinho identified as a ‘virus’ to the squad is foreign.

I’m guessing this is why they went a stronger British core. There are also some very talented British players about at the moment. I don’t think it’s anything to do with ‘jobs for the boys’, more about getting players that more likely to settle and be proud to play for United.

foolsgold

Sánchez has been a dreadful signing with the under performance and the injuries, but I can't blame Alexis for it, I can't recall a game where he's never given 100% and ran till the last. He's never gone missing, alway tried even when it hasn't worked.

I can't say the same for Pogba or Martial; at the time I said it was the right decision to fire Jose, but that Pogba should go too. His performance at Everton was another in a string of can't be bothered games. Both are great players when they want to be, but that's not enough at United.

Pogba acts like he's the best player in the world, but wouldn't get near the City team. The world cup win has gone to his head.

A massive clear out is required.

In Rainbows

The very talented British players are all very young. I don't have a problem with buying those players. I want someone like Sancho and Hudson Odoi (feels impossible). In fact I would love it if our british core came from Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Tuanzebe, and Rashford. Although not British, we can add O'Connor to that list. Those are some of our most talented youth players in a while.

I would rather Young and Jones left though. Let their spots be taken by these talented young players. Smalling should be our veteran presence.

Foxbatt

I have feeling and have said before too that Pogba plays for himself.
Paul Ince is correct. We need a player there who can force players to play. Well another Keano or a Robbo.
I would sell Pogba and let DeGea go if he wants to. Romero is a top class player too.
But it's the deadwood off Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Young, Matic, Mata, Sanchez, Lingaard and Rashford needs to be sold. That's most of the first eleven.
That's how bad we are. I don't know about Lukaku. He is a good squad player but he will not accept it.

Vadim

If he seems not bothered when the team is playing shite that means he is clearly not good enough. This is a fecking huge club, not a "please guys play well so I can be arsed" competition.

Other than 8-10 goals a season, the occasional dribble, why is he "clearly good enough?".
He played under 2 managers this season and has been 70% shite for both of them. Was tried as a winger, he sucked, was tried as an interchanging front guy, still sucked. Why do Martial fans insist he has the potential to be some football messiah?

Not trying to be a dick towards you personally, but you need to realize that Martial is just an average one trick pony. If his dribble fails then he;s dogshit. He can't defend, can't pressure, can't cross.

You can't forge a Man United career just by being a good finisher and having the occasional left-right dribble.
Agree. I’d feck Martial off quickly. He’s an overrated, sulky fecker.

Bestietom

As much as I love Pogba, it seems that he's a problem in the dressing room.
I think Matic wants out too, he's playing like he did when he wanted to leave Chelsea.
I doubt that Lukaku's posturing for a new contract whilst being benched and playing like crap has impressed behind the scenes.
Alexis........massive mistake in signing that lad, many of these issues go back to his signing and absurd contract. Players now think they deserve more money because he's earning so much and doing nothing.
De Gea, he wants insane wages or out.

Anyone else?
Agree 100%. It takes just one bad potato to rot the rest. They are certainly not playing for the badge.

Eleven-Eighteen

Pogba
De Gae
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic

Then there’s the likes of Rashford, Martial, Lingard who just seem lazy/ not good enough.
That doesn't leave many players, does it. And that's not counting the real deadweight aka Young, Alexis, Rojo, Darmian.

It's a dire situation but we don't want to and nor will be able to offload our entire first team. So some prudence is required here.

Lingard will be a great squad option. Rashford is fantastic - he's just a kid and needs some time to get back in touch. Martial is definitely looking off, and has done so for almost the whole season barring maybe 2 months. De Gea will feel differently, once the front lines are improved.

Andy_Cole

That doesn't leave many players, does it. And that's not counting the real deadweight aka Young, Alexis, Rojo, Darmian.

It's a dire situation but we don't want to and nor will be able to offload our entire first team. So some prudence is required here.

Lingard will be a great squad option. Rashford is fantastic - he's just a kid and needs some time to get back in touch. Martial is definitely looking off, and has done so for almost the whole season barring maybe 2 months. De Gea will feel differently, once the front lines are improved.
A very sensible reply. I was fuming yesterday and named too many. I still think we need to ship out Pogba, and maybe De Gae. I want players at the club who want to be here.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
As much as I love Pogba, it seems that he's a problem in the dressing room.
I think Matic wants out too, he's playing like he did when he wanted to leave Chelsea.
I doubt that Lukaku's posturing for a new contract whilst being benched and playing like crap has impressed behind the scenes.
Alexis........massive mistake in signing that lad, many of these issues go back to his signing and absurd contract. Players now think they deserve more money because he's earning so much and doing nothing.
De Gea, he wants insane wages or out.

Anyone else?
Is malcontent a word we’ve derived from french (sounds it, I’m sure mal is bad in french). Was that deliberate? ;)

Classical Mechanic

The very talented British players are all very young. I don't have a problem with buying those players. I want someone like Sancho and Hudson Odoi (feels impossible). In fact I would love it if our british core came from Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Tuanzebe, and Rashford. Although not British, we can add O'Connor to that list. Those are some of our most talented youth players in a while.

I would rather Young and Jones left though. Let their spots be taken by these talented young players. Smalling should be our veteran presence.
I think if we signed Sancho, AWB, Rice (can play CB too), Fernandes and that other Portuguese lad (?) it would be a good start. All are young but all have plenty of first team experience at a good level. Maybe even Lozano to add depth to the right hand side.

Sell Pogba (pains me but he's not good for the club atmosphere is he), Lukaku, Mata, Herrra (he wants out), Darmian, Rojo.

I'd keep Lingard, Rashford and McTomminay as they're a part of the club fabric and identity. Lingard will be useful when he has less responsibility and game time. Rashford and McTominay could kick on to be very good players. I'd keep Martial in the hope he can awaken from his slumber. Bailly for depth. Young, yes Young can be a fringe player for a year. That just leaves the De Gea conundrum. I have no answer for that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pogba
De Gae
Lukaku
Herrera
Matic

Always gets the alarm bells ringing when people start banding "lazy" around for certain players.

Rashford is not lazy in any sense. Nor lingard. Our two most energetic hardest working players