So we didn't sign a central midfielder

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Many were. I remember a fair few balking at the fee and a similar phenomenon occurring (too expensive, decent but nothing great, etc, with only a few connaisseurs recognizing he is quite good).

Up until two years ago people were still suggesting we sell him!

JohnLocke

I think Fellaini will be a quality signing for us. He's a big powerful bastard, decent passer, has a great touch and knows where the goal is. He's no RVP in the shooting department but he will chip in with some goals and give us some drive from the middle.

Adebesi

I agree with the guy who used to be in a wheelchair but then inexplicably started walking around.

If you had offered me this at the start of the window I would have taken it if I am honest. I never thought we needed much, and what we did need, we got.

I am smarting about the manner in which we conducted this business, and while I know I shouldnt, I am finding it hard to get past the price we paid. But once I have got over that, I think the team will be improved by the business we have done. And deep down I also think Woodward will learn from this summer and should do better next time.